thoughts on Franken

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Been watching this scandal Franken is in closely. He is, unfortunately, my Senator. When I moved to MN one of the first things I did was register to vote specifically to vote against his reelection. I find him to be a disgusting vile man.

So when the scandal broke i wasn't surprised. It's not like we were ignorant of what kind of man he was before he was elected.

What did surprise me was how fast he apologized. I've been wrestling with whether to support calling for him to resign. That surprises me too. When he apologized I was immediately impressed with the conversation Jesus had with Peter. "How oft should I forgive? Seventy times seven."

Forgiveness is an act of healing. It became clear that the Lord wanted me to forgive him. But I wrestled with what that means. Does that mean I shouldn't call for him to resign? I mean what he did was still horrendous.

Last night I happened to randomly be reading Luke 6. Jesus was exhorting his disciples to love their enemies. A point that struck me was when He mentions that the Father loves even the ungrateful and evil.

I also thought how our nation needs healing. I think we should forgive him. I think we should let him face whatever the Senate ethics panel deems appropriate.

Now I'm sure there will be many who say he will get away with this. Yeah, perhaps. But the world knows now. He can't hide that. I plan on voting against him next time still. Heck, I may run against him if I absolutely have to.

But i think right now, we need to heal. We need to be a people who will take the better path. We need to be filled with the same love God has and that means doing what He would do in this situation. If we can be a people who can love and forgive Franken, I have hope for this nation no matter who is in office.

Meh, beside the religious angle let' look at what he did. A big nothing.

Franken fell on the sword too hard and shouldn' apologized and kept it moving. Looking for a fair investigation from Republicans is like jumping in the lion cage and hoping the tiger is friendly.

Been watching this scandal Franken is in closely. He is, unfortunately, my Senator. When I moved to MN one of the first things I did was register to vote specifically to vote against his reelection. I find him to be a disgusting vile man.

So when the scandal broke i wasn't surprised. It's not like we were ignorant of what kind of man he was before he was elected.

What did surprise me was how fast he apologized. I've been wrestling with whether to support calling for him to resign. That surprises me too. When he apologized I was immediately impressed with the conversation Jesus had with Peter. "How oft should I forgive? Seventy times seven."

Forgiveness is an act of healing. It became clear that the Lord wanted me to forgive him. But I wrestled with what that means. Does that mean I shouldn't call for him to resign? I mean what he did was still horrendous.

Last night I happened to randomly be reading Luke 6. Jesus was exhorting his disciples to love their enemies. A point that struck me was when He mentions that the Father loves even the ungrateful and evil.

I also thought how our nation needs healing. I think we should forgive him. I think we should let him face whatever the Senate ethics panel deems appropriate.

Now I'm sure there will be many who say he will get away with this. Yeah, perhaps. But the world knows now. He can't hide that. I plan on voting against him next time still. Heck, I may run against him if I absolutely have to.

But i think right now, we need to heal. We need to be a people who will take the better path. We need to be filled with the same love God has and that means doing what He would do in this situation. If we can be a people who can love and forgive Franken, I have hope for this nation no matter who is in office.

I was born in north Minnesota and will agree that Al is a cocky guy with a major ego.

I am married to a former political guy..and will tell you that many start out with good things in mind and turn into a citizen Kain.. I have seen it

Politics is getting dirtier and dirtier every year, these people need to realize that we pay for their job and are not irreplaceable..

Now with that said, Al's dirty mind got the best of him... I don't think he will have to resign, or the Senate knows just how ugly it will get.

Anyway I commend your kind spirit over politics

Franken fell on the sword too hard and shouldn' apologized and kept it moving. Looking for a fair investigation from Republicans is like jumping in the lion cage and hoping the tiger is friendly.

so you would be okay with a dude doing that to your kids?

Franken ran his big fat hypocrite mouth about other men sexually harassing women, now his chickens have come home to roost.

Im not surprised. this recent bimbo eruption is just whats in style for now. by Wednesday everyone will be talking about Trumps latest tweet. He is your senator. Dont judge him on this, judge him on performance. Would you have voted for him before all this? no, you even said you planned to vote against him. All this in the news with Moore and weird Al is just noise.

Really? Groping a sleeping woman when you know she isn't into you is a big nothing?

And what is there to investigate? She told her side. Showed the picture of him groping her. He admits it and has apologized. It's open and shut

As long as any of you say 'franken is ok and moore is bad' or 'moore is ok and franken is bad," you are playing manure politics and have no decency as a human being.

Avatar4321 has been one of the top three decent guys on the Board for a very long time and has shown it yet again.

Good on you.

Really? Groping a sleeping woman when you know she isn't into you is a big nothing?

And what is there to investigate? She told her side. Showed the picture of him groping her. He admits it and has apologized. It's open and shut

Yeah taking a funny picture is groping. In fact he was looking right at the camera as a show that it was attempted rape! Not.

Yes it is open and shut he took a silly picture and she got more kiss than she expected. Big whoop.

so you would be okay with a dude doing that to your kids?

No, no child touchers get a pass with me ever

Yeah taking a funny picture is groping. In fact he was looking right at the camera as a show that it was attempted rape! Not.

Yes it is open and shut he took a silly picture and she got more kiss than she expected. Big whoop.

So grabbing a woman's chest is alright if you do it as a joke?

Btw aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

Everything is about politics. When you see unusual move of democrats (and the MSM?) calling for democrat to resign you have to consider the political agenda. With all the charges about sexual abuse by democrat friendly H'wood "stars" and old sexual abuse charges against Hillary's husband emerging, the democrat party needs to offer up a sacrifice to keep what's left of their feminist base. Frankin was never an activist senator and he wasn't the brightest bulb in the senate marquee in a political sense so his absence would be a small price to pay. Meanwhile stealthy democrats are planning to appoint a radical leftie who is the head of the House democrat progressive caucus and allegedly a convert to Sharia law.

So grabbing a woman's chest is alright if you do it as a joke?

Btw aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

Oh because you don't find it funny him looking right at the Camera means it was attempted rape. Riiight.

I' not trying to convince you of anything I just want people to stop overstating shit like bitches. Pretending to honk a chicks tits have always been funny. Idgaf if you're trying to make this some PC quest or not.

Minnesota has really gone down hill from the days when I lived there

Somebody rapes your wife or daughter.

Once CAUGHT, he apologizes.

You say, "I forgive you."

Should he not go to prison because he "apologized" (ONLY AFTER CAUGHT)?

You "forgave" him. Are you naive enough to leave your wife or daughter alone with him?

Forum List

Back