Thoughts about critical race theory

Here's my thoughts on CRT............

PowerlessForcefulBrownbutterfly-max-1mb.gif

200w.gif

I just wanted an excuse to post that song.

But I will give a serious response for the first time on this site. I have no issues with have wide range of diverse conversations within an academic settings. Which is where I think the vast majority of this should stay. The problem that I see is that these discussions are often framed in a matter that it can only go one way. If you deviate or question the logic or rationale in CRT, then you're labeled heretic or worse. People are told to stay in their lane and to defer. That's wrong. It should be listen, understand, ask questions, clarify, and then discuss it. You know, engage in dialectic. Then from there the good ideas can spread into the world naturally because they are well developed and make sense. People try to force half-baked and often very illogical and hypocritical ideas that don't stand up scrutiny, but that often isn't a problem because actual discussion is not something that is tolerated.

People throwing around these complex ideas with only a superficial understanding doesn't help progress our society, and it ultimately only serves to feed extremists. Then those extremists feed the extremists on the other side. We have an feedback loop that is tearing us apart. I don't want to get rid of all mention of CRT or whatever. I want it to be discussed objectively rather than as absolute fact. Stop using it as a weapon to bludgeon people with, but instead use it as tool where it makes sense... but make sure it makes sense too. Be critical of what is being said and if it actually serves a good purpose, or if its only intent to be beat white people (or whoever) over the head.

All it does is anger the broken minded blacks , because they have zero critical thinking skills

Forum List

Back