Thought Provoking Sports Question of the Day

Anonymous519

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2021
Florida
“Which Major League Baseball team do you dislike the most and why?”

Since I hardly Follow baseball anymore, I would have to go back in time when I followed my team the Pirates much closer. Then I’d have to say our rivals back then, the Phillies.

Speaking of the Phillies. People tell me the best way to get kicked out of a sports bar in Philadelphia is to say'' hey can you turn the channel there a Braves Mets game on.'' :D
( I love those old cartoons)

Funny story about the Yankees, when I first moved to Florida a southern dude here noticed I was from up north and said “oh you are a yankee? The question is are you a yankee or a DAMN Yankee?”

I said what does that mean? He said:

“If you go back home you are a Yankee but if you stay here you are a DAMN yankee!”

I said then I must be a damn yankee because I ain’t going back. Although I did try to go back to Pittsburgh in 2013 but that only lasted 2 years. I moved back to Florida and will NEVER return north. Florida is where it is at!

People have a tendency to hate winners - So Yankees, Dodgers and Red Sox are typically up there among the most hated.
I grew up a Dodger fan back in the Koufax, Wills, Drysdale days and remain so today.
Padres just gave 'em fits however - They look impressive this year!
But Dodgers still have the best record in baseball and hoping for another World Series! :D

Yankees here as well. There is a reason you never see a Little League team called the Yankees.

There were plenty of them when I was playing Little League ball back in the late 60's and into the 70's. I know this because I was on one...

I grew up, and remain, a New York Mets fan. This doesn't mean I hated the Yankees, but just that I favored another New York team. I certainly rooted for the Yankees, though (the two leagues didn't play against each other back then).

As a Mets fan in the 1970's, the Cincinnati Reds were probably the primary target of my hate. After that? Probably the Dodgers.

And you know who my all-time favorite New York Met is?

BILL BUCKNER!!

How about this: The Astro's are the Baseball equivalent of the New England Patriots.

There's your answer.

Since I hardly Follow baseball anymore, I would have to go back in time when I followed my team the Pirates much closer. Then I’d have to say our rivals back then, the Phillies.
The one that use bats and gloves... Because like car racing, it's just boring as holy hell. But highlights aren't so bad sometimes.

How about this: The Astro's are the Baseball equivalent of the New England Patriots.

There's your answer.

I rooted for the Stros last year for that exact reason. I wanted everyone to be miserable

I was an Athletic's fan until Finley sold the players because he was pissed about Free Agency. I then switched to the Giants and rooted for them for decades. 2010,2012, and 2014 were amazing and breath taking. I walked away this year when MLB went "woke" and jerked the All Star game from Ga.

Reds fan here. I dislike the pirates most. Had season tickets back when the pirates had the BB attack going on they would come into town and beat up on the reds also dispised Atlanta at the time. Maddox and crew also put the hurting on us. Hated when the reds hit the left coast that time difference seemed to have an ill effect on us but had the same effect on those teams when they came hear. Hard for me to hate the dodgers had season to keys for them at one time and played in both the reds and dodgers

Welcome to the club. MLB isn't as popular anymore because it's too slow and takes almost 3 hours on average to complete a regular season game. NFL games take over 3 hours on average, but it is only once-a-week as opposed to multiple times-a-week for MLB games.

I was a SF Giants fan (hometown team) and their rivals were the Los Angeles Dodgers in the Western Division.

That said, my daughter goes to school in Los Angeles now, and am following more things LA, so can see the Los Angeles Lakers winning it all. I'd root for them unless it was against my hometown bball team the Warriors. It's the NBA and not the MLB, of course. They just created a play-in tournament before the playoffs starts so the 9th and 10th team in each conference has a chance to make the playoffs if they win at least two games in the play-in tournament (consisting of the 7th place to 10th place teams in the two conferences. I'm not sure what MLB has changed to speed up the game.

Forum List

Back