Mar 5, 2021
Florida
"Who wins on the main card of this weekend's UFC 261?"
  • Kamaru Usman vs. Jorge Masvidal
  • Zhang Weili vs. Rose Namajunas
  • Valentina Shevchenko vs. Jéssica Andrade
  • Uriah Hall vs. Chris Weidman
  • Anthony Smith vs. Jimmy Crute
The fights are in my current city of Jacksonville and it's a sold out card. The first sporting event since the onset of COVID that will be played out in front of a capacity crowd!

My picks:

Kamaru Usman vs. Jorge Masvidal: Usman in a much easier fashion than the last time he beat down Masvidal.

Zhang Weili vs. Rose Namajunas: Should be a very intriguing fight with a stylish Rose vs. the battling Weili. Weili was in a war last time out as she refigured J.J.'s face. But Rose is tricky. I like Rose by submission or decision.

Valentina Shevchenko vs. Jéssica Andrade: Aside from Amanda Nunes, Valentina is the most talented women's fighter out there. Andrade doesn't stand a chance against the dancing champion.

Uriah Hall vs. Chris Weidman: If Weidman is on his game he wins. But if this becomes a striking game Hall will knock Weidman out. I think if Weidman is impressive and ever gets a shot at Israel Adesanya he can beat the champion IF he can turn that into a ground game. I believe Weidman has the grappling skills to get Adesanya down to the mat and keep him there and then ground and pound him out.

Anthony Smith vs. Jimmy Crute: This might be the fight of the night. Smith at his best probably wins but Crute is extremely dangerous. I think it goes the distance and Smith barely wins.

The UFC wins, everyone else takes punches to the head.

New Topics

Forum List

Back