Thought Experiment: After the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation battle, should American men be afraid?

You keep sticking your dick in your mouth.

Youre contradicting yourself. You just claimed 8% wasnt the limit. If we know 8% is the limit then we know the difference is 92%. That leaves a huge margin of error.
No I never claimed that.

I have been consistent.

The difference is not 92% because 8% is how many we know to be false.

The rest are unknown except for those which result in conviction

You ignore what unknown means and I have crushed your childish ass.

You sound like a fool 92 + 8 =100%

And once again 8% is not how many accusations are false it is how many we KNOW to be false.

You keep contradicting yourself....

"8% is the limit of how many we can prove false"
Exactly

It is not how many are false

The number of false accusations is unknown.

I never contradicted myself.
Youre getting yourself tongue tied trying to back pedal. Youre embarrassing yourself.

No I never claimed that.

I have been consistent.

The difference is not 92% because 8% is how many we know to be false.

The rest are unknown except for those which result in conviction

You ignore what unknown means and I have crushed your childish ass.

And once again 8% is not how many accusations are false it is how many we KNOW to be false.

Exactly

Youre getting yourself tongue tied trying to back pedal. Youre embarrassing yourself.
I have not backpedaled once you are willfully ignoring facts.

Most men are not rapists liberals just like most blacks are not criminals

Exactly

Actually you have done more than just back pedaled. You've moon walked and contradicted yourself countless times.

No one wants to live in fear, and most people don't aspire to have others live in fear of them, in my opinion. However if this fear results in a reckoning regarding the how women have traditionally been treated by men in society, then something positive may come of it

Fear is not a pleasant thing, but transformation usually requires it. Coupled with empathy, it might lead men to imagine how women must have felt for eons — always fearful that they would be branded as sluts, or forced to give birth against their will, or experience sex as violent assault. Women carry these anxieties in their emotional DNA.

Some men are now finding out that it’s not fun to be afraid.​

I don't think all women 'live in fear' or ever have. I also believe that SOME women 'live in fear' of SOME men. Most men will protect a woman from being attacked by SOME men. Lots of men suffer from abuse meted out by their female partners but I don't hear many women extending the #MeToo blanket of protection to men in any viable way.

"Florida woman battered boyfriend's face after he refused to cuddle 'because it was too hot'"
Florida woman battered boyfriend's face after he refused to cuddle 'because it was too hot' | Daily Mail Online

"EXCLUSIVE: 'I thought my limbs might have to be amputated': Battered boyfriend stabbed and starved by his controlling girlfriend tells of his mental and physical torture as she is jailed"
Jordan Worth: Boyfriend stabbed by his girlfriend tells of ordeal | Daily Mail Online

Some things that are worth thinking about when you're wondering "Was I abused?" include:

• Did she embarass or humiliate you in front of other people, including your friends or family?
    • Did she insist that anything you wanted for yourself was selfish and/or wrong?
    • Did she withhold affection to "punish" you for any violations of her rules?
    • Did she intimidate you in any way?
    • Did she threaten you, or threaten to harm herself or anyone else, if/when you left?
    • Did she force you to ask her for money, or take your money away from you? Did she have control of the family finances, so you didn't even know what or when money was being spent?
    • Did she prevent you from taking a job you wanted, or going to school? Did she force you, either directly or through manipulation, to quit a job you had?
    • Did she make jokes about her treatment of you, insist that she never did anything to hurt you, or blame you for her behavior?
    • Did she treat you as if you were her servant?
    • Did she ever make you do things you felt were wrong or illegal?
    • Did she ever belittle your beliefs, or tell you that your faith is wrong?
    • Did she make you leave social gatherings, or restrict your contact with your friends or family?
    • Did she make you feel afraid, or like you needed to be "careful" around her?
    • Did she make you feel guilty or ashamed about yourself, your feelings, your beliefs, or anything else that makes you a unique individual?
Any one of these is a sign of abuse. Only you can decide how many it takes to add up to proof that you were abused.

MenWeb Battered Men: What is Abuse? Men and Domestic Violence

[/QUOTE]

Men who sexually abuse women should be afraid.
In my world that would be counted as a good thing.

Yes but the OP says "American men"...Should all American men now be afraid?

I'll be more specific.
American men who sexually abuse women should be afraid.
I still think that's a good thing.

Exactly

Actually you have done more than just back pedaled. You've moon walked and contradicted yourself countless times.
You are a liar as I have never contradicted myself once.

I have proven you wrong and owned you.

Exactly

Your entire being is a contradiction. You make the dumbest posts then you try to back pedal. You typically wind up with your foot in your mouth due to all your wild claims that lack proof or logic.

Exactly

Your entire being is a contradiction. You make the dumbest posts then you try to back pedal. You typically wind up with your foot in your mouth due to all your wild claims that lack proof or logic.
I have not once. I have consistently owned you

Exactly

I have never contradicted myself.

I have consistently stated that we do not know how many accustions are false and that is fact which you actually proved you fool.

Just the ones that have acquired the habit of sexually assaulting women. Time to break that habit or go to prison and loose everything. No whining now.

Do you think a significant number of men sexually abuse women?

Just the ones that have acquired the habit of sexually assaulting women. Time to break that habit or go to prison and loose everything. No whining now.

Do you think a significant number of men sexually abuse women?
Yes. I cant count how many women I have met that have told me they have been sexually assaulted by men in some manner.

Exactly

Our prisons systems are a more controlled environment than the general population so perhaps you'd find their data more believeable?

...sexual assault is one the most underreported of all crimes (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2007), especially among
male victims (Tewksbury, 2007), and even more so among male victims in correctional institutions (Struckman -Johnson et al.,
1996). In fact, Wolff et al. (2006) found female inmates to be roughly four times more likely than male inmates to report an incident
of abusive sexual contact (20% versus 5%, respectively). Struckman -Johnson et al. (1996) found that only 29% of male and female
inmates who admitted sexual victimization to the researchers had reported the assault to authorities
(p. 71). Victims of sexual assault may be reluctant to report the violence due to shame, guilt, embarrassment, lack of trust, and desire to avoid the discomfort of
reliving the experience
(McGuire, 2005).

All of these reasons for avoiding reporting sexual assault are applicable to inmates; however, victims of inmate sexual assault face
additional barriers. Specifically, inmates are at significant risk of being labeled a “snitch” or “rat” if they report violence to correctional
authorities, thereby increasing their risk for future victimization
(Bureau of Justice Statistics, 2004; Struckman -Johnson & Struckman
-Johnson, 2000).

https://www.oregon.gov/doc/RESRCH/docs/hinmansexualassaultmaleinmates_201309.pdf

Dr Ford would have never levied these untrue allegations at a private citizen....there are libel protections in place for private citizens and she as well as her attorneys would be in big trouble...and still may be in trouble....you know she still refuses to turn over her polygraph and Dr notes regarding her so called high school event...you would think she would turn them over right away....she's a liar folks...

you have decided they are untrue. A majority of Americans agree with Dr Ford. You are the liar.

There is no evidence, you don’t use polls on the guilt or innocence of a person. 48% felt Kavanugh sexually assaulted Ford, 48% is not a majority.

I believe with the woman who started the #metoo movement, she said she believes something happened to Ford however Kavanaugh was not involved.

According to Ford six people were at a house, which she has no idea where it was at, how she got there and how she got there. Only she remembers being there all five don’t recall being there. Her friend doesn’t remember being there and has never met Kavanuagh. She never spoke of it for 36 years, she was in counseling when she did and that story seems to have holes in it.

Ford is sincere, no proof, no evidence, can’t place Kavenaugh at the house, she admits to drinking beer.

Let me see your physical evidence Kavanaugh was there and did anything.

There is evidence. Dr Ford knew Judge and JT were together without consulting Kavanaugh's calendar. Also there is a question of whether Kavanaugh was telling the truth when he said he never got dead drunk.

Again it is not unusual for a victim to have gaps in their memory.
"One thing that particularly disturbed him was Mitchell’s focus on Ford’s inability to narrow down a date for when the alleged assault occurred. That, he said, “is absurd. It is offensive. It is laughable, because she knows better.”

It is not at all uncommon for prosecutors to leave at least some wiggle room around the date that a crime is believed to have happened — using the phrase “on or about” is nearly ubiquitous where filing criminal charges is concerned. And in Maricopa County, Long says that Mitchell’s office “routinely” files charges with an expanded, even multi-year, window during which a crime is alleged to have taken place. “In the criminal justice system, date is not an element” of the crime, he said. “It’s not … something that we have to prove. She knows this.” And Mitchell trains prosecutors to understand this, he said: “In fact, we expect the date is going to be the one thing a person is not going to remember.” Mitchell’s decision to suggest otherwise in the letter “appears to be merely designed to mislead the public,” he said. “Not something I can abide.”

Prosecutors Don’t Bring Cases the Way Rachel Mitchell’s Kavanaugh Memo Says — Not Even in Her Own Arizona Office

The fact is that Rachel Mitchell has filed charges with that type of evidence.

Nice opinion piece, any factual evidence?

And how many guys do you know of who have ruined a girl's or woman's reputation simply because she refused to sleep with him? That's SOP while false accusations are a lot less rare.
I'm not a big fan of the "two wrongs make a right" thing.

Deflection like that is for you partisans, not me.

Forum List

Back