This song sums up american politics and society

Over half a century ago and we are still divided by race, by hate, by violence and ignorance.
And they use those to divide us with those even more now. And you vote for it.
Save your disingenousness for someone else

Listen to the lyrics in the Eve of Destruction. You point fingers at the left, I point fingers at the right. Maybe if you opened your eyes and listened / read posts by the left you might see the light.
I point fingers at both. At the duopoly.
You need to see the light. You are a partisan hack, rye. Wake up.

I admit to being a partisan, I'm not a hack. Can you explain what light Trump&Co. has provided to our country? Can you deny he is a divider? Do you believe he has handled the coronavirus well? Can you justify cutting taxes and adding trillions of dollars to our national debt? Do you believe that our economy is run by the middle class, not Wall Street? Do you ever wonder why real conservatives are supporting the Democrats this election season?
I support some of trumps policies. Particularly immigration.
He can divide, for sure. He had the maturity of a 12 year old girl.
Presidents dont actually have the power to do anything about a pandemic except border control, so I think he did fine.
I will always support cutting taxes. Always. 80 percent of our govt is unconstitutional. We should barely be taxed. He'll, the income tax is unconstiutional so the question is a fallacy to begin with.
We are a corporatist economy. You will get no argument from me on that.
Those aren't real conservatives. If they were, they wouldnt be voting for a war mongering statist.

Trump doesn't have an immigration policy. Cutting taxes has created a massive debt for our kids and grandkids. He's done nothing to repair, renew or replace our nation's rusting infrastructure. Ryan, McConnell and Trump passed a tax bill which has made the rich richer, and harmed the Middle Class and the working poor - killing the American Dream.

Your claim that the income tax is unconstitutional is absurd, if you believe the 16th Amendment is unconstitutional, you must believe all Amendments are so too.

Who do you consider is / was a war mongering statist?
The 16th was never ratified according to the constitution. Im sorry if you are unaware of actual history.
The stuff he has done with immigration, I support. Call it a policy or not.
We have had a massive debt for decades. Why do you suddenly care? Do you not understand the guy you are about to vote for is going to make it higher? As i said, your disingenuous outrage is not wanted here.
Trump wanted an infrastructure bill. I csnt comment past that.
Making the rich richer and the middle class shrinking has been happening for DECADES. AND YOU ARE STILL GOING TO SUPPORT IT.
STOP BEING SUCH A FUCKING IDIOT

Over half a century ago and we are still divided by race, by hate, by violence and ignorance.

Listen to the lyrics in the Eve of Destruction. You point fingers at the left, I point fingers at the right. Maybe if you opened your eyes and listened / read posts by the left you might see the light.

I admit to being a partisan, I'm not a hack. Can you explain what light Trump&Co. has provided to our country? Can you deny he is a divider? Do you believe he has handled the coronavirus well? Can you justify cutting taxes and adding trillions of dollars to our national debt? Do you believe that our economy is run by the middle class, not Wall Street? Do you ever wonder why real conservatives are supporting the Democrats this election season?
Presidents dont actually have the power to do anything about a pandemic except border control, so I think he did fine.
I will always support cutting taxes. Always. 80 percent of our govt is unconstitutional. We should barely be taxed. He'll, the income tax is unconstiutional so the question is a fallacy to begin with.
Those aren't real conservatives. If they were, they wouldnt be voting for a war mongering statist.

Trump doesn't have an immigration policy. Cutting taxes has created a massive debt for our kids and grandkids. He's done nothing to repair, renew or replace our nation's rusting infrastructure. Ryan, McConnell and Trump passed a tax bill which has made the rich richer, and harmed the Middle Class and the working poor - killing the American Dream.

Your claim that the income tax is unconstitutional is absurd, if you believe the 16th Amendment is unconstitutional, you must believe all Amendments are so too.

Apparently you..and all neocons, and a shit-ton of presidents. Not JFK and not Ford...
Carter was a statist but not a warmonger.

Ironically...you know who wasn't? The man who signed off on dropping atomic bombs.
He was not a statist warmonger, he was a real American.

rye if it wasnt for this virus trump would be pretty hard to beat....and bush and obama were dividers too....

Bush was, Obama was only because of his skin.
Here is where you hackery comes into play. You would think a man of your age would have the self awareness to know that

I grew up in 1956 when one of my friends came back from Georgia, visiting his sister there, and told me about Whites Only water fountains and restrooms. I was 9 that summer, and I was aghast that such a thing existed. I'd spent much of that summer at the Boy's Club, swimming, playing basketball and indoor softball with friends, many of color.

He really is.

rye if it wasnt for this virus trump would be pretty hard to beat....and bush and obama were dividers too....

Here is where you hackery comes into play. You would think a man of your age would have the self awareness to know that

I grew up in 1956 when one of my friends came back from Georgia, visiting his sister there, and told me about Whites Only water fountains and restrooms. I was 9 that summer, and I was aghast that such a thing existed. I'd spent much of that summer at the Boy's Club, swimming, playing basketball and indoor softball with friends, many of color.

Sadly, that was a horror from the democrats. We're moving past that now.

True, the Republicans are now the segregationists and the racists; Democrats are now progressive and support equal rights, equal opportunity and equal justice for all Americans.

True, the Republicans are now the segregationists and the racists; Democrats are now progressive and support equal rights, equal opportunity and equal justice for all Americans.

No, they're not the racists but dems have figured out how to project their tawdry and horrid past and now package up their oppression in a beautiful little bouquet as they promise trinkets from the treasury for a vote. Libs still hate people who aren't white. Dont fool yourself.

Somehow kissing the boots of the rich will help those below. It hasn't happened yet but who knows?

The 16th was never ratified according to the constitution. Im sorry if you are unaware of actual history.
We have had a massive debt for decades. Why do you suddenly care? Do you not understand the guy you are about to vote for is going to make it higher? As i said, your disingenuous outrage is not wanted here.
Making the rich richer and the middle class shrinking has been happening for DECADES. AND YOU ARE STILL GOING TO SUPPORT IT.

Ratification of the 16th was completed on 2/3/1913.

Stop being a damn liar (tee hee, I can play your childish game too).

Trump promised an infrastructure bill, instead he took money from the Military to build his ego wall. Face the facts, Trump is a megalomaniac and will destroy democracy in America.

Trump promised an infrastructure bill, instead he took money from the Military to build his ego wall. Face the facts, Trump is a megalomaniac and will destroy democracy in America.
If you actually look at what happened, it didn't get ratified.

Just because someone declares it so, doesnt mean it happened.
The 16th went against state constitutions and votes but the SOS STILL declared it so. That doesnt make it constitutionally acceptable.
Look, Trump sucks. You wont hear an argument from me.
The problem with your posts is, you vote for exactly what you bitch about.

yea thats what they tell you to your face....

Correct. Thanks to Barack Obama, BLM and the Democrats we are partying like it's 1969.
Actually there was much more racial harmony in 1969. I thought the nation would have healed from Obama's scab-picking of the wound by now, but I was wrong. :(

democracy in motion is the right to take sides
since when is one rewarded for the emails she hides?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back