This should end the Panic Demic NOW - Facts and Medical Science, Not Politics

Again, if 85% of Americans have no symptoms, why do you fear it?
dudmuck , and if 85% have no symptoms, why the need for a mask?
because people infected spread it, including those without symptoms.
kuww1p3au7a51.jpg

kuww1p3au7a51.jpg
And those who get it recover and create a firewall that stops the spread and results in eradication.
The more we lockdown, the more we delay that process. What we’re going through right now should have happened in April.

I love Hypocrites. I must. Since there are so many of them. It is difficult not to love them.

Obama for not requiring people through force to isolate when in an area where Ebola was going on. Traitor. Trump, for not requiring isolation protocols, hero.

I love it. The answer of the Republicans, was correct, the only way to prevent the spread is to reduce the interactions, isolation as much as possible. Yet, when dealing with a virulent disease, not an option because it would interfere with the almighty dollar.

I really hate this election season. Neither party is worth voting for. Both are about equally full of shit. Which is to say that they are both completely full of shit. Experts in Disease, ignore them. Experts in public health. Denounce them. Experts in viral infections? Denigrate them. A woman claiming to be a Doctor who parrots the line held by a few extremists? Elevate her with the words that they normally reject. Science baby.

Herd Immunity. How many have to be infected to achieve this? Anyone? If you answered 80% you are correct. How have we achieved this with other diseases? With Immunizations. Not with letting the disease run rampant. But that bit of science and facts are somehow lacking in the idiotic experts of the Right Wing.

So if one percent dies to get to the 80% herd immunity, that is some 2.5 million dead. Explain how Trump or the Republicans are re-elected with 2.5 million dead? I'd like to hear that one. Because it would actually be much higher. The Doctors and Nurses would flee the hospitals when one million died from the disease. Forget the restrictions of the people you detest. Those would look like a party by comparison. Truckers would stop running. Stores would close. And the dead would likely go up to three or even five million. But hey, at least we would achieve Herd Immunity. Of course, the Democrats would have the White House, a Supermajority in the Senate, and the House, and most of the State Houses across the nation. But you would be proven right, and sent to the dustbin of history.
How we manage to survive pre-vaccines? And, for flu, we’re talking 1940’s.

A lot of people didn’t. Polio, and many other diseases claimed millions before medical science developed vaccines.

But that is science. And if we are dealing in science then we should go all the way. At least in a single subject right? I mean. We can’t pick and choose which science we are going to listen to like a Buffett line can we?

It was not herd immunity that ended Polio, it was a vaccine. It is not herd immunity that we send our troops to foreign lands. We give them vaccines to protect them from dozens of diseases. And it works, our troops are not down with Yellow Fever, or Malaria, or any other disease which has a vaccine available. No, we trust the vaccines to keep our troops safe, but it is just coincidence that troops aren't getting sick with local diseases when we send them abroad. Or is it science?

The funny thing about medical science. We learn something, apply it, and it increases the lifespan of the species. That is the Science part of Medicine. But for some reasons, the techniques that are working around the world, isolation, masks, protection, social distancing, and giving them lower numbers, is not working when we don't do it here. Wait, perhaps there is a reason.

kuww1p3au7a51.jpg
And those who get it recover and create a firewall that stops the spread and results in eradication.
The more we lockdown, the more we delay that process. What we’re going through right now should have happened in April.

Explain to me how the Republicans win in November arguing that a million dead people, with more dying all the time, is good for the Country?

I love Hypocrites. I must. Since there are so many of them. It is difficult not to love them.

Obama for not requiring people through force to isolate when in an area where Ebola was going on. Traitor. Trump, for not requiring isolation protocols, hero.

I love it. The answer of the Republicans, was correct, the only way to prevent the spread is to reduce the interactions, isolation as much as possible. Yet, when dealing with a virulent disease, not an option because it would interfere with the almighty dollar.

I really hate this election season. Neither party is worth voting for. Both are about equally full of shit. Which is to say that they are both completely full of shit. Experts in Disease, ignore them. Experts in public health. Denounce them. Experts in viral infections? Denigrate them. A woman claiming to be a Doctor who parrots the line held by a few extremists? Elevate her with the words that they normally reject. Science baby.

Herd Immunity. How many have to be infected to achieve this? Anyone? If you answered 80% you are correct. How have we achieved this with other diseases? With Immunizations. Not with letting the disease run rampant. But that bit of science and facts are somehow lacking in the idiotic experts of the Right Wing.

So if one percent dies to get to the 80% herd immunity, that is some 2.5 million dead. Explain how Trump or the Republicans are re-elected with 2.5 million dead? I'd like to hear that one. Because it would actually be much higher. The Doctors and Nurses would flee the hospitals when one million died from the disease. Forget the restrictions of the people you detest. Those would look like a party by comparison. Truckers would stop running. Stores would close. And the dead would likely go up to three or even five million. But hey, at least we would achieve Herd Immunity. Of course, the Democrats would have the White House, a Supermajority in the Senate, and the House, and most of the State Houses across the nation. But you would be proven right, and sent to the dustbin of history.

A lot of people didn’t. Polio, and many other diseases claimed millions before medical science developed vaccines.

But that is science. And if we are dealing in science then we should go all the way. At least in a single subject right? I mean. We can’t pick and choose which science we are going to listen to like a Buffett line can we?

It was not herd immunity that ended Polio, it was a vaccine. It is not herd immunity that we send our troops to foreign lands. We give them vaccines to protect them from dozens of diseases. And it works, our troops are not down with Yellow Fever, or Malaria, or any other disease which has a vaccine available. No, we trust the vaccines to keep our troops safe, but it is just coincidence that troops aren't getting sick with local diseases when we send them abroad. Or is it science?

The funny thing about medical science. We learn something, apply it, and it increases the lifespan of the species. That is the Science part of Medicine. But for some reasons, the techniques that are working around the world, isolation, masks, protection, social distancing, and giving them lower numbers, is not working when we don't do it here. Wait, perhaps there is a reason.
This Wuhan ain’t polio.

kuww1p3au7a51.jpg

Explain to me how the Republicans win in November arguing that a million dead people, with more dying all the time, is good for the Country?
Who said anything about a million dead or how it’s good?

This Wuhan ain’t polio.

No, it isn't. However, we have vaccines for other viral infectious diseases. Why can't we develop a similar protection for this? Of course, it will take time. Time to develop the vaccine, time to test it to insure it works in computer models, animal trials, limited human trials, larger set samples, and finally approval and distribution. We have to take those steps to insure that the treatment is safe before we go wide with it you see. I am sure you do, since this thread is all about science.

A good way to play Russian roulette with one's personal genome is to go mask-less,: the virus has mutated and transmission via the eyes is a confirmed possibility.

OOOOoo, very scary, the steadily declining death rate per day.

Be afraid, badger. Be very, very afraid, and tell everyone else to be afraid as well.
Wear your mask and gloves everywhere. Keep your distance, please. Far away from thinking people.

View attachment 361558

View attachment 361559
Declining deaths reflect the age profile of the majority of new infections, it doesn't reflect either herd immunity nor a decline in infections (and yes, infections still exist even if untested, just like I exist even when I'm not looking in a mirror).

This person is wrong. Wrong on every evidence-based metric available to experts, and wrong on every observable level available to people on the front line dealing with CVD19. About 45% are asymptomatic, as a best estimate. Do not confuse YouTube with the truth.

kuww1p3au7a51.jpg

The only way that herd immunity works, the way that the disease is blocked from spreading wide through the population, is that the people are exposed. With a mere 1% fatality rate on infections, before we get to the 80% threshold where herd immunity works, that means we have to sacrifice a million people minimum. Actually it would be a lot higher.

You see, when we get to a million dead, the hospitals are empty. Not because of lack of patients. But there would be no Doctors or Nurses left to care for the patients. They would have fled. So those who would be saved by medical treatment, would die too. So the real number, the low end for Herd Immunity that the firewall would require, would start at 2.5 million. It would actually be much much higher.

If you think the economy is bad now, imagine it with all services stopped. Cops do not show up for work. After all more cops have died this year from Covid than Gunshots. But only the weak will die right?

A lot of people would die, and I wonder, if any of you anti mask people have considered the results of your attitude? Sure you might salvage a bit of the economy in the short run, but in the long run you'll guarantee the victory of the Democrats in November. With death counts rising, infected counts rising, and still standing stubbornly on the soapbox of it's all a hoax and nonsense, you can't look good.

That's the problem with the take our chances and let the Herd Immunity work. It costs millions of dead, and an economic shut down when even the Truckers stop hauling food and medical supplies. What will Trump do? Federalize the Truckers? Draft them into the Army? Store shelves will be empty, again, and worse there won't be any more coming in.

So how do you win in November if you get your wish, and the protections end, and the dead pile up? What do you do after you lose? Call for a Civil War to overthrow the hated Left? Who would follow? Not the Military. Not the Cops. Not the people in general. They would know you were wrong and cost millions of lives.

We know what works. And doing nothing is not on the list of workable plans.

This Wuhan ain’t polio.

No, it isn't. However, we have vaccines for other viral infectious diseases. Why can't we develop a similar protection for this? Of course, it will take time. Time to develop the vaccine, time to test it to insure it works in computer models, animal trials, limited human trials, larger set samples, and finally approval and distribution. We have to take those steps to insure that the treatment is safe before we go wide with it you see. I am sure you do, since this thread is all about science.
I’m not arguing against a vaccine. I’m saying it isn’t necessary for most people.

kuww1p3au7a51.jpg

The only way that herd immunity works, the way that the disease is blocked from spreading wide through the population, is that the people are exposed. With a mere 1% fatality rate on infections, before we get to the 80% threshold where herd immunity works, that means we have to sacrifice a million people minimum. Actually it would be a lot higher.

You see, when we get to a million dead, the hospitals are empty. Not because of lack of patients. But there would be no Doctors or Nurses left to care for the patients. They would have fled. So those who would be saved by medical treatment, would die too. So the real number, the low end for Herd Immunity that the firewall would require, would start at 2.5 million. It would actually be much much higher.

If you think the economy is bad now, imagine it with all services stopped. Cops do not show up for work. After all more cops have died this year from Covid than Gunshots. But only the weak will die right?

A lot of people would die, and I wonder, if any of you anti mask people have considered the results of your attitude? Sure you might salvage a bit of the economy in the short run, but in the long run you'll guarantee the victory of the Democrats in November. With death counts rising, infected counts rising, and still standing stubbornly on the soapbox of it's all a hoax and nonsense, you can't look good.

That's the problem with the take our chances and let the Herd Immunity work. It costs millions of dead, and an economic shut down when even the Truckers stop hauling food and medical supplies. What will Trump do? Federalize the Truckers? Draft them into the Army? Store shelves will be empty, again, and worse there won't be any more coming in.

So how do you win in November if you get your wish, and the protections end, and the dead pile up? What do you do after you lose? Call for a Civil War to overthrow the hated Left? Who would follow? Not the Military. Not the Cops. Not the people in general. They would know you were wrong and cost millions of lives.

We know what works. And doing nothing is not on the list of workable plans.
The dead aren’t piling up and the majority of new cases are people with extremely low risk.
You don’t need 80% infection to create herd immunity. You need enough in conjunction with preventive measures that don’t require lockdowns to dead-end the spread. The virus then has nowhere to go and withers on the vine.

I bought stuff yesterday, wearing a mask. Lowes and Home Depot were open with parking lots full in Jackson, TN. All three of those stores are hiring, the shelves were full, truck schedule have returned to normal. You have been duped by the all or nothing right wing. We can have both.

How "brave" of you to venture out of your cocoon to the *dangerous* outer world. You have been duped by the fear-mongers. To my Ignore List you go.
I have no interest in reading another word of your nonsense.

What an ignorant doofus the chemengineer guy is. It is certainly now my fault the people in my town think it better to do what they can to be safe while we go about our lives in an everyday manor. I was at Home Depot again today for some more Olympic Stain for the Fences I built around my pool filter system, electrical control panels and lighting controls, again today. Again, people were masked. People were doing like me, getting out of their vehicles, putting on their mask, going it to the store to buy goods and services and going about their lives, not whining because the mayor and county mayor both ordered it. The did it for good reason as county cases have gone up over a 100% in last 3 weeks and we had our 3rd Coronavirus death since this whole mess started. We're pretty conservative down here. We do not ignore disease, death or our elected local officials. Hopefully he will stay out of our town and not be a problem for the normal people down here.

The dead aren’t piling up and the majority of new cases are people with extremely low risk.
You don’t need 80% infection to create herd immunity. You need enough in conjunction with preventive measures that don’t require lockdowns to dead-end the spread. The virus then has nowhere to go and withers on the vine
Dude, 85% with no symptoms is gold

again today. Again, people were masked. People were doing like me, getting out of their vehicles, putting on their mask, going it to the store to buy goods and services and going about their lives, not whining because the mayor and county mayor both ordered it. The did it for good reason as county cases have gone up over a 100% in last 3 weeks and we had our 3rd Coronavirus death since this whole mess started. We're pretty conservative down here. We do not ignore disease, death or our elected local officials. Hopefully he will stay out of our town and not be a problem for the normal people down here
What are you afraid of if you’re wearing your mask.

admit you have no answer

Last edited:
again today. Again, people were masked. People were doing like me, getting out of their vehicles, putting on their mask, going it to the store to buy goods and services and going about their lives, not whining because the mayor and county mayor both ordered it. The did it for good reason as county cases have gone up over a 100% in last 3 weeks and we had our 3rd Coronavirus death since this whole mess started. We're pretty conservative down here. We do not ignore disease, death or our elected local officials. Hopefully he will stay out of our town and not be a problem for the normal people down here
What are you afraid of if you’re wearing your mask.

admit you have no answer

Masks are altruistic. My mask protects people from my possible infection, other peoples masks protects me from their possible infection.

If I wear a mask, I'm protecting others, if they don't then they're not protecting me in return.

That's what people have to be afraid of.

This video should be required watching for everyone afraid of Covid 19.
Dr. Kelly calmly expresses medical science and common sense that are desperately needed to correct the Panic Demic which has "profoundly damaged" Americans.
"Eighty-five percent of people contracting the virus have NO SYMPTOMS!
The sooner we develop herd immunity (having everyone exposed to it), the sooner it will end.
Social distancing was the brainchild of a high school student, not any medical research."
"It's time to take back our lives." - Dr. Kelly.

What is covid 19?

Forum List

Back