This one is for the gun grabbers. Explain this.

Good post. Let me add: if you are a parent, you sometimes have to take a toy away from your child because they start abusing them. It isn't the toy that is at fault. There is a weird group-think mania that takes something to a different level. Some adults often act like children, and they need to have their toys taken away. Guns aren't the problem, in the hands of rational people. But it's the irrational ones that easily end up with guns, that are the problem. So maybe it's better if none of us had guns. I have no problem with that.

Okay, so let's say you are a single woman living alone, and a man breaks into your home with a knife and every intent on using it against you. How would you defend yourself against that attacker if you are a 60 year old woman; get in a knife fight with a strong 22 year old male?

There is no such thing as "nobody having a gun" than there is nobody having heroin or cocaine. It isn't possible, especially in this country.

We are debating a southern wall and the anti-wall people are saying it won't stop illegals and it won't stop drugs. But somehow, making guns illegal would stop guns. Can anybody explain the dynamics of each situation?
Good point. We all will die, most in unpreventable ways. And a gun or lack there of will play no part in our demise. Accidents, diseases or old age. So what's the big deal if we have one less thing out there to add to our worries?

Lol, well.......I think you would feel differently if something like that happened to you. When a nut is coming after you to slit your throat, I doubt you would be thinking "Oh well, we all have to die sometime!"

It's like I've said in this forum and in others like it. If you really don't think that legal gun ownership protects you, then get a huge sign made that says WE HAVE NO FIREARMS IN THIS HOUSE, put that sign on your front porch, and see how that works out for you. Because one of the reasons you are safer is because you could be armed, and the criminal doesn't know if you are or not.

By making firearms illegal, it's no different than hanging that sign on your front porch. Every criminal would know that the people in all their homes have no way of protecting themselves. And since there is no way to disarm the criminal, he has the advantage over you, and that's something I would hate to see happen.
Thank you for your concern. But I have been in mortal peril three times because of people WITH guns, not in spite of. And if I had had a firearm, it would have made things worse, I was better off without. I like guns, but I believe we can do without them as a culture.

How about a little advice....stop trying to rob liquor stores.
Sage advice.

Love it these micro minds, they don't like regulation on guns, I wonder how this guy would have done from the 20th floor in Las Vegas with a sharp stick.

The problem is you puppets have been led to believe that if we somehow made guns illegal, the criminals would happily surrender them to the government. There would be no access whatsoever for criminals to get guns.

This is why we refer to your side as the uninformed voters.
Bullshit we know that criminals know that gun bubba's have a dozen guns in their house, so these criminals just look for bubba's. and chances are they are the gun Bubba's also , so the steal these guns from them and it is a total smorgasbord for them because gun bubba's like the real killing machines , makes them feel macho. So this easy access and easy way to find who has them, it makes it a cinch for these criminals to get the arms they want . If they weren't there , tell me where will they get them. If No one has a gun the price of a illegal gun would go way above the markets ability to buy them or to carry them. and in just a matter of time they would all be gone. Well maybe not all but less and less of them every week. I have to wonder how readily these gang bangers would carry a gun all the time, if it was worth 100 times what it is worth now , what do you think??? Less and less guns mean less and less people being killed by guns. This isn't rocket science.

It's not rocket science? Well....... I'm 57 years old now, and recreational narcotics have been illegal as long as I've been alive. Yet our drug problems today are at epidemic points. According to your philosophy, drugs should have been long gone years ago because they are illegal. But somehow, the bad people get them all the time.

What did the drug laws do? The drug laws stopped good people from buying illegal narcotics, and now only the bad people have them. This is the exact same results that a gun ban would bring. I mean, it's against the law for a felon to possess a firearm, yet many of the people that get busted in crime with a gun, or simply having a gun on their person are felons. Wait a minute, I thought laws stop people from getting the things they weren't allowed to have!!!!

Its a failed philosophy, I don't care if you're talking about drugs, prostitution, illegal gambling, anything. Laws don't stop any desired activities or commodities that a criminal desperately wants.
Let me see Narcotics go for X dollars a gram. Tell me what would be easier bringing in enough drugs to make it a big winner or guns to make it a big winner. The AR and 100 rounds of ammunition is close to 12 lbs,That's 5500 grams. now tell me, if you can do that, how do gang bangers afford that gun . Just want to know. It kind of makes you look kind of stupid doesn't it/ Considering even now when heroin is almost given away it is still about $100.00-200.00 dollars a gram. That means the gun and 100 rounds would have to sell on the street for $550,000 to 1million 100 thousand to compete. There is no banger alive that would pay that and ray from Cleveland's clown car drives around the big top one more time.

Wyoming has more guns per capita than any other state. They have open carry, and you do not need a permit to carry concealed. Yet the crime rate is 40 percent less than the national average, with some cities well below that. Some of them are among the safest places to live in America. So, if guns are the problem, as you believe, why aren't people being gunned down in the streets?
Good post. Let me add: if you are a parent, you sometimes have to take a toy away from your child because they start abusing them. It isn't the toy that is at fault. There is a weird group-think mania that takes something to a different level. Some adults often act like children, and they need to have their toys taken away. Guns aren't the problem, in the hands of rational people. But it's the irrational ones that easily end up with guns, that are the problem. So maybe it's better if none of us had guns. I have no problem with that.

Okay, so let's say you are a single woman living alone, and a man breaks into your home with a knife and every intent on using it against you. How would you defend yourself against that attacker if you are a 60 year old woman; get in a knife fight with a strong 22 year old male?

There is no such thing as "nobody having a gun" than there is nobody having heroin or cocaine. It isn't possible, especially in this country.

We are debating a southern wall and the anti-wall people are saying it won't stop illegals and it won't stop drugs. But somehow, making guns illegal would stop guns. Can anybody explain the dynamics of each situation?
But that's not what happens, That 60 year old women being a big believer in the boogie man coming to get her like all paranoid right wingers do , buys a gun and when the big time comes she empties the gun in her son that came over, late at night, to bring back the hammer he borrowed . Now if she is from the hate party, there prerequisite to be in that party is paranoia, so the chances of a Right wing gun banger shooting their children late at night is way higher then the democrat who isn't preparing for the end of the world or thinking they need protection from the commie they see behind every bush.

Wyoming has more guns per capita than any other state. They have open carry, and you do not need a permit to carry concealed. Yet the crime rate is 40 percent less than the national average, with some cities well below that. Some of them are among the safest places to live in America. So, if guns are the problem, as you believe, why aren't people being gunned down in the streets?

But that's not what happens, That 60 year old women being a big believer in the boogie man coming to get her like all paranoid right wingers do , buys a gun and when the big time comes she empties the gun in her son that came over, late at night, to bring back the hammer he borrowed . Now if she is from the hate party, there prerequisite to be in that party is paranoia, so the chances of a Right wing gun banger shooting their children late at night is way higher then the democrat who isn't preparing for the end of the world or thinking they need protection from the commie they see behind every bush.

Do tell, how many time does that happen in a year?

So make sure the 60 year old woman is disarmed so that if the unlikely event takes place of her son coming home, she doesn't shoot him? My, my, what a stretch that is.

Love it these micro minds, they don't like regulation on guns, I wonder how this guy would have done from the 20th floor in Las Vegas with a sharp stick.

The problem is you puppets have been led to believe that if we somehow made guns illegal, the criminals would happily surrender them to the government. There would be no access whatsoever for criminals to get guns.

Bullshit we know that criminals know that gun bubba's have a dozen guns in their house, so these criminals just look for bubba's. and chances are they are the gun Bubba's also , so the steal these guns from them and it is a total smorgasbord for them because gun bubba's like the real killing machines , makes them feel macho. So this easy access and easy way to find who has them, it makes it a cinch for these criminals to get the arms they want . If they weren't there , tell me where will they get them. If No one has a gun the price of a illegal gun would go way above the markets ability to buy them or to carry them. and in just a matter of time they would all be gone. Well maybe not all but less and less of them every week. I have to wonder how readily these gang bangers would carry a gun all the time, if it was worth 100 times what it is worth now , what do you think??? Less and less guns mean less and less people being killed by guns. This isn't rocket science.

It's not rocket science? Well....... I'm 57 years old now, and recreational narcotics have been illegal as long as I've been alive. Yet our drug problems today are at epidemic points. According to your philosophy, drugs should have been long gone years ago because they are illegal. But somehow, the bad people get them all the time.

What did the drug laws do? The drug laws stopped good people from buying illegal narcotics, and now only the bad people have them. This is the exact same results that a gun ban would bring. I mean, it's against the law for a felon to possess a firearm, yet many of the people that get busted in crime with a gun, or simply having a gun on their person are felons. Wait a minute, I thought laws stop people from getting the things they weren't allowed to have!!!!

Its a failed philosophy, I don't care if you're talking about drugs, prostitution, illegal gambling, anything. Laws don't stop any desired activities or commodities that a criminal desperately wants.
Let me see Narcotics go for X dollars a gram. Tell me what would be easier bringing in enough drugs to make it a big winner or guns to make it a big winner. The AR and 100 rounds of ammunition is close to 12 lbs,That's 5500 grams. now tell me, if you can do that, how do gang bangers afford that gun . Just want to know. It kind of makes you look kind of stupid doesn't it/ Considering even now when heroin is almost given away it is still about $100.00-200.00 dollars a gram. That means the gun and 100 rounds would have to sell on the street for $550,000 to 1million 100 thousand to compete. There is no banger alive that would pay that and ray from Cleveland's clown car drives around the big top one more time.

Such a stupid and ignorant comment. Tell me, how many crimes are committed with an AR-15?

Illegal semi handguns are sold for pennies on the dollar just like narcotics. And as you pointed out, even with the cost of such drugs, they are readily available to any criminal that wants them. Laws don't stop that. Nothing will.

Amen, brother. It's not criminals that scare me, it's all those god fearing law abiding guns lovers that I fear.

Such a stupid and ignorant comment. Tell me, how many crimes are committed with an AR-15?

Illegal semi handguns are sold for pennies on the dollar just like narcotics. And as you pointed out, even with the cost of such drugs, they are readily available to any criminal that wants them. Laws don't stop that. Nothing will.
Boy did you ever shame me, especially when you called my comment stupid. So I will fix that, The average weight of semi auto pistol is 2lb 7oz to 4lb 8 OZ and bullets for those pistolas by the 100 is 2.62 lbs to 5lbs So that is 2300 grams to 4300 grams range for the weight of a pistol and 100 rounds
So to show that people would never bring in guns over drugs over the border ( comparing Heroin prices at $100 to $200 a gram ). I'll give you the street price of drugs per gram in comparison for the weight of the smaller pistol and ammo which is 2300 grams. So in that case The smallest pistol would have to have a street value of $230,000.00 to $460,000.00 to make it as profitable as Heroin to smuggle across the border and the larger pistols at 4300 grams, the street price would have to be $430,000.00 to just under a million To make it sensible to bring across the border over what they would get for the same amount as heroin, and heroin is at a all time low price of $100 to $200 a gram.
So no it wouldn't make sense to smuggle guns across the border when the penalty would be the same as smuggling Drugs across the border. Of course we have to throw in the small fact that these gang bangers will need $230,000.00 to buy the cheapest Pistol. Nope they wouldn't be able to pay at 1/10 the price. so you would outlaw guns here and they would disappear , from both the bangers and the people. So I hope I changed your mind about my comment being ignorant. I think there are a few people here who can add and subtract, even if you can't.

Amen, brother. It's not criminals that scare me, it's all those god fearing law abiding guns lovers that I fear.
Boy if that's not a fact. I wouldn't want to live anywhere near any of these gun cuckoos. They would be accidentally killing the children in the neighborhood ours and theirs and their sorry just won't cut it. I want nothing to do with these creeps . The AR bang bang boys.

here you go everyone, the quote of the week"Illegal semi handguns are sold for pennies on the dollar just like narcotics." ahhhhhhhhhhhh what! Thanks to our Gun expert , bubble gum bang bang ray for this insightful little ditty .

I have got a little concerned when I wake up at 2 AM and hear fully automatic gunfire. What, we NEED guns to protect US from idiots from guns? Well, call me simple, but wouldn't it be easier to just ban guns altogether rather than try keeping them out of the hands of irresponsible mentally ill feebs and criminals? Please, our founding fathers had muzzle loading flintlocks for hunting, not machine guns meant to slaughter human beings. The second amendment was about muzzle loaders, not machine guns.

When the 2nd amendment was added muskets shot one bullet. Out founders never imagined people would have automatic weapons killing hundreds in a matter of minutes..
It definitely needs a huge overhaul to adjust to modern times.

You think the 2nd amendment is sacred but want to restrict the 1st amendment.
Imagine that.
OK so if you want to be consistent with the 18th century then get rid of your computer, write your post on parchment paper with quill and ink and send it to me by a mail carrier on horseback.
What does your coment even mean.
When some idiot says the second amendment only applies to 18th century technology then all the other original amendments must as well.

The rest you can figure out on your own
Are you really going to try to sell the bullshit that if one can be defined within a parameter then they all can. Your logic left town didn't it. Some of the amendments have nothing to do specifically to the time it was written and some do, as in the 2nd. The reality of the second changes with time the reality for the 1st doesn't and you people shit on that daily.

The second amendment is as flexible to the times as any other.

That can be seen by anyone with a brain.

I have got a little concerned when I wake up at 2 AM and hear fully automatic gunfire. What, we NEED guns to protect US from idiots from guns? Well, call me simple, but wouldn't it be easier to just ban guns altogether rather than try keeping them out of the hands of irresponsible mentally ill feebs and criminals? Please, our founding fathers had muzzle loading flintlocks for hunting, not machine guns meant to slaughter human beings. The second amendment was about muzzle loaders, not machine guns.

Do you know how difficult it is to get fully automatic weapons?

If I thought for one minute that banning guns would disarm criminals, I would be right behind you. But I know that banning guns would only take them away from us, the good people. Banning guns would alert the bad people we no longer had the legal ability to defend ourselves from them. And that would be a very dangerous message to give them.

here you go everyone, the quote of the week"Illegal semi handguns are sold for pennies on the dollar just like narcotics." ahhhhhhhhhhhh what! Thanks to our Gun expert , bubble gum bang bang ray for this insightful little ditty .

And the genius we have here thinks that taking guns away from good people will be the same as taking guns away from bad people. I thank God he didn't make me a liberal. I like living in the real world.

yea, cracked me up to.

we know they're a criminal but they're going to vastly overpay for guns vs. steal them.

Wrong. The interest in guns is growing in this country--not shrinking. In fact in my state, we have more female applicants for a CCW permit than males. When we passed our CCW law, it was signed by a leftist Governor who knew his ass would lose reelection if he didn't sign the bill. You picked the wrong side to fight this war.
Martial arts require more practice and exercise. It may help persons become less overweight.

Why tax sodas?
Martial arts require more practice and exercise. It may help persons become less overweight.

Why tax sodas.

I'm a black belt and I have no idea WTF you're talking about. What does martial arts have to do with my reply?
No guns required.

I know you're from another country, so I'm trying to figure out WTF you're talking about because you make no sense in English. Are you trying to say that martial arts can replace guns in self-defense????
just your lousy reading comprehension.

Why tax sodas.

Why not? Hypothetically, and in that alternative.

My post had absolutely nothing to do with martial arts or weight.
Simply ignoring existing socioeconomic problems with nothing but repeal, is worth-less.

1) how do you know it's fully automatic?
2) would 30 rounds from a semi-automatic make you feel better?
3) Puckle gun - Wikipedia

The Founding Fathers also had cannons and mortars, big ones. So, should everyone have those things? Yes! Yes they should, along with whatever modern firearms are available around the world.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back