This Must End

Sorry! That was not English. You are just being a contrarian.

The poster was describing an accent and a lack of fluency, not another language.

What she spoke was not recognizable as English.

To you, because you were half of the failure in communication.

OK, so you are just deciding to be an ass. Enough said.

I thought you might have matured some.

Not my fault that you are unfamiliar with linguistics.

It is not my fault that you claim to understand gibberish. There is no way on God's green earth that anyone would believe those words were considered English.

The poster was describing an accent and a lack of fluency, not another language.

It is not my fault that you claim to understand gibberish. There is no way on God's green earth that anyone would believe those words were considered English.

And here you get all pissed off when someone else speaks out of ignorance on matters of education.

And here you get all pissed off when someone else speaks out of ignorance on matters of education.

Yes, you should not do that. It pisses off the professionals.

That's what you're doing now.

I seriously doubt that. Holding the opinions you do tells me you are NOT a professional educator. Anyone who is would recognize the errors you are making.

I seriously doubt that. Holding the opinions you do tells me you are NOT a professional educator. Anyone who is would recognize the errors you are making.

Hey look at that, you're wrong again. 23 years and counting, with particular experience, training, and expertise in the matters at hand.

Last edited:

Hey look at that, you're wrong again. 23 years and counting, with particular experience, training, and expertise in the matters at hand.

Now I remember why I had you on "ignore"!

You're an ass.

Now I remember why I had you on "ignore"!

You're an ass.

No one forced you to be wrong.

No one understands better than immigrants the importance of learning English. It is the top priority of most immigrant parents for their children.

Yes, and the public schools take care of that for them. They do nothing towards learning the language for themselves.

I make phone calls nationwide every afternoon and evening. An illegal will always answer the phone "Bueno". When I ask for the high school student or recent graduate, I usually get a long pause when they try to remember, "You speak Spanish?" and I politely reply "no". I then hang up the call in hopes we can contact the potential recruit later, but that never happens. The problem is so bad, the Army is revamping their methods of cold calls based on high school lists. I can work 8 solid hours and perhaps talk to 15 people and about half of those are wrong numbers.

It's not just women either. I have had fathers get on the phone after their wives and they don't speak a word of English either.

A few times each day, Mom will hand the phone to a little girl who speaks perfect English and they take the call. If the potential recruit is home, it is a 50/50 chance they are DACAs. The little girl is the anchor baby.

Immigrants usually make little to no effort to learn English. You statement is correct in that they want their children to learn English since they are too lazy to learn English and use the kids as translators.

...... They do nothing towards learning the language for themselves.
That is absolutely absurd nonsense. Immigrant non-native speaking students work harder at learning the language than you have ever worked for anything in your life. It involves much more than seems to fit in your imagination.

Immigrants usually make little to no effort to learn English. .....
That is bullshit. Before you learned Calculus, were you "too lazy" to learn Calculus, or had you just not learned it yet?

Not yet mastering a language is not an indication of no interest or effort toward learning it. Use your head.

Forum List

Back