This is why we need a living wage

The Shocking Truth About What It Would Cost Us All If Walmart Paid A Living Wage

Watch the video.

$300,000,000 a year in food stamps just for walmart employees. Give them a living wage and we pay an extra 1.4% on their goods. One penny for every dollar spent at Walmart and those employees would not need to live on food stamps.

Has someone figured out the magic formula to define a "living" wage?

Or should each employee be paid according to how much money they need to "live?"

The Shocking Truth About What It Would Cost Us All If Walmart Paid A Living Wage

Watch the video.

$300,000,000 a year in food stamps just for walmart employees. Give them a living wage and we pay an extra 1.4% on their goods. One penny for every dollar spent at Walmart and those employees would not need to live on food stamps.

Or they could stop trying to make a career out of a starter job meant for teens and old people supplementing their retirement.
What a novel idea .....oh wait,it's only been done this way since the inception of the USA.

Nothing but a bunch of lazy losers to stupid to advance in life....at the tax payers expense.

Watch the video.

I'm against a living wage. Get off your butt and make yourself more valuable. its better to decide for yourself how much you are worth than having a company or government decide.

Watch the video.

What would stop them from buying stupid crap and still needing food stamps?
what stops them from buying crap WITH their food stamps? And if they were smart, they would use said food stamps and shop at walmart.

Watch the video.

I'm against a living wage. Get off your butt and make yourself more valuable. its better to decide for yourself how much you are worth than having a company or government decide.

A living wage is what ever it is you are willing to work for. If that means working 16 house a day 7 days a week to survive.... :thup: Welcome to the real world.

So 3 who hate the poor and want to force them to go to college or school of some kind to rack up more debt instead of letting them earn a decent wage at a job they enjoy.
Whats wrong with going to college instead of being a perpetual bagger? Once they automate the bagging then they will be obsolete.

Going to college is not the only way to make yourself more valuable to an employer. You can do an apprenticeship or go to trade school. Or work and get experience to raise your pay. But you have to have some ambition to do more than just work an entry level job. Or learn to live on less.

So 3 who hate the poor and want to force them to go to college or school of some kind to rack up more debt instead of letting them earn a decent wage at a job they enjoy.
I don't think I've ever met anyone who enjoyed their min wage job or would want it as a career.

no, i think they DO enjoy their minimum wage jobs.

they just what to be paid MORE for the very little that they do.

Tell me, what walmart greeter doesn't want $15 an hour?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007

Watch the video.

First, let's call it was it is...MORE MONEY, not a "living wage", since you have no idea what one person may or may not need to live.

Second, giving everyone more money means fewer jobs will be created, more jobs will be outsourced overseas, more jobs will be lost to technology and most importantly, the most vulnerable citizens among us, whose skills and abilities do not warrant your "living wage" will be prevented from working at all, thus throwing even more people on the dole.

How cruel of you. And how ridiculous.

I don't think I've ever met anyone who enjoyed their min wage job or would want it as a career.

no, i think they DO enjoy their minimum wage jobs.

they just what to be paid MORE for the very little that they do.

Tell me, what walmart greeter doesn't want $15 an hour?

Is being a greeter worth $15 dollars an hour?

You dont need to go to college to get a decent paying job. All you have to do is apply yourself. The wife and I didnt go to college and I retired at 46,she'll retire in two more years at 47.
If you dont aspire to be more then a stocker at the grocery store why in the hell should I subsidize that choice? Besides your stealing jobs from teenagers and old people. Have you no shame?

I did when I started out. I loved my first job--it was related to a sport I played. I would have done it as a career if it had a future in it that didn't involve poverty.

--Sam

Last edited:
The only "shocking truth" promoted by the video paid by confiscating union worker's mandatory dues is that prices would go up and union leaders would get a bigger golden parachute.

Watch the video.

Has someone figured out the magic formula to define a "living" wage?

Or should each employee be paid according to how much money they need to "live?"

Maybe. I live in a fairly low income area and it puts our living wage at less than a dollar above the current MW so that probably is about right considering the localized cost of living.

Living Wage Calculator - Introduction to the Living Wage Calculator

Watch the video.

Eliminate EBT, problem solved.

Your premise in this thread is that EBT is a responsibility of the government when it is not. Your premise is to blame WalMart for that false responsibility when it is not.
Sigh.

Forum List

Back