This is why the flu disappeared

As everyone with any common sense suspected, they were calling diagnosing the flu as Covid. CDC is asking the FDA to remove emergency use authorization for the PCR test because it can't differentiate between Covid and the flu -

There must be a big concern about the revenue drop for flu vaccines. You sheep getting the picture yet?

Science..
Been saying this the whole time and Democrats called me a liar.

Americans be like... what happened to the flu?

Democrats... it's all but gone because people are wearing mask and social distancing.

Americans... why is covid still spreading then?

Democrats... because people aren't wearing mask and social distancing. We need more lockdowns. The tv told me so.

Show me that the measures have different levels of effectiveness. I feel you’re moving the goal posts and asking me to stay on topic is an attempt to distract from what you’re doing. Nice try.
How did I move the goal posts? You said that the flu was eliminated by masks and telecommuting (Im just eliminating the "people got their flu vaccine at the same time as their COVID vaccine we both know you fucked that up). Please explain why those measures were so effective against one respiratory virus and so ineffective against the other given that they are transmitted in basically the same way.

That would depend on how seriously do you take the initial projections of "if we do nothing this many people will die".
I'll grant that COVID is more infectious and the original had a slightly higher mortality rate than the flu. But like I said to Konradv your going to have explain how masking and social distancing were so devastatingly effective against the flu (no flu in 2020) and so ineffective against COVID since they are transmitted the same way (basically). Im sorry but that's tough to believe. It's much easier to believe that we just counted all the flu cases and deaths as COVID cases and deaths even if they were less than a normal year, though I want to say that prior to COVID being a known thing they were calling for a hard year for flu in 2020 but I could be mistaken on that. That doesnt take away from the fact that COVID has killed a lot of people and is a serious disease. But we have to be factual with what actually happened if we want to progress.

I'll grant that COVID is more infectious and the original had a slightly higher mortality rate than the flu. But like I said to Konradv your going to have explain how masking and social distancing were so devastatingly effective against the flu (no flu in 2020) and so ineffective against COVID since they are transmitted the same way (basically). Im sorry but that's tough to believe. It's much easier to believe that we just counted all the flu cases and deaths as COVID cases and deaths even if they were less than a normal year, though I want to say that prior to COVID being a known thing they were calling for a hard year for flu in 2020 but I could be mistaken on that. That doesnt take away from the fact that COVID has killed a lot of people and is a serious disease. But we have to be factual with what actually happened if we want to progress.

Nothing really to disagree with here.

FAKE NEWS!!!
It is a known fact that a much higher percentage of Progs do not practice safe habits with their own lives. The costs to taxpayers and medical insurance rates are much more massive to treat their ills and keep them alive.

The flu “disappeared“ because of social distancing, mask wearing, telecommuting and the realization that while you’re getting a Covid shot, you might as well get the flu vaccine, too.

The REAL Science
The flu disappeared because everybody was masking and social distancing, but COVID is still around because NOBODY was masking or social distancing?

:laughing0301:

yes. you are that stupid.

Been saying this the whole time and Democrats called me a liar.
I don’t know if you’re a liar or not but you and the OP are both incorrect and misreading the release.

The CDC test is no longer needed. They suggest switching to a test which simultaneously checks for influenza because the original COVID test didn’t check for it at all. Checking for both COVID and influenza is a good idea.

That doesn’t mean influenza was showing a positive result on the COVID test.

The flu disappeared because everybody was masking and social distancing, but COVID is still around because NOBODY was masking or social distancing?

:laughing0301:

yes. you are that stupid.
Influenza is far less contagious than COVID.

It’s not complicated. Different viruses are different.

Influenza is far less contagious than COVID.

It’s not complicated. Different viruses are different.
COVID is not so much more contagious than flu that masking and social distancing would account for eliminating one while the other spreads like crazy. They are transmitted the same way it just doesn't stand up to any amount of critical thinking. It's likely that flu infections were reduced. If someone were able to quantify it and make a reasonable argument that it was reduced by 20, 30 or even 50% I would likely believe it. But eliminated it? Sorry. And now all of a sudden when the numbers start looking bad for the current admin suddenly the flu makes a comeback? Sorry Im calling shenanigans.

COVID is not so much more contagious than flu that masking and social distancing would account for eliminating one while the other spreads like crazy. They are transmitted the same way it just doesn't stand up to any amount of critical thinking. It's likely that flu infections were reduced. If someone were able to quantify it and make a reasonable argument that it was reduced by 20, 30 or even 50% I would likely believe it. But eliminated it? Sorry. And now all of a sudden when the numbers start looking bad for the current admin suddenly the flu makes a comeback? Sorry Im calling shenanigans.
All I see is someone who decides not to believe something because they don’t want to believe it.

Call shenanigans all you want. It’s just your political bias and victimhood.

All I see is someone who decides not to believe something because they don’t want to believe it.

Make a cogent argument why masking a social distancing would eliminate, not reduce ELIMINATE one respiratory virus while another that's transmitted the same way flourishes, even considering that it's more contagious, and I'll believe it. No one has been able to do that as of yet.

BTW how am I making this political?

The flu “disappeared“ because of social distancing, mask wearing, telecommuting and the realization that while you’re getting a Covid shot, you might as well get the flu vaccine, too.

The REAL Science

Then covid should have dissapeared as well by your logic. They are both a virus with the same transmission means so if you stop one with those measures then you stop both, but as we all know it didn't stop covid at all.

We also know not everyone did social distancing, masking and vaccines. So that would mean flu and covid didn't dissapear.

And no, just making some rounded off assumption based statements doesn't equal science at all. It's the exact opposite of what science means. If you're going to claim science then you need to provide the imperical evidence that shows it is indeed actual science.

And just for extra measure, masks don't prevent covid. I was a pca for 2 years while in nursing school and anyone who has worked in a hospital knows a mask is droplete protection from sneezing, coughing, etc. It's does not stop a virus. If you can smell a cookie through a mask you can get a virus in because it's the same thing, microscopic particles passing through the mask and entering the nose allowing you to smell something. Not to mention a virus passes through via mucus membranes not only in the mouth and nose but the eyes as well. So unless you're wearing a tyvek hood with a HEPA or merv 20 filter all day everyday you're getting covid.

If the corporations funding Democrats want less quarantine time, they will make the cdc give it to them.

Democrats know people like you will support them regardless. It's a cult.

As everyone with any common sense suspected, they were calling diagnosing the flu as Covid. CDC is asking the FDA to remove emergency use authorization for the PCR test because it can't differentiate between Covid and the flu -

There must be a big concern about the revenue drop for flu vaccines. You sheep getting the picture yet?

Science..
No, the flu disappeared because people had drastically altered their behavior. Millions of people weren't going into an office to work. They weren't hanging out in crowded bars touching infected surfaces. They weren't shaking hands. The number of misdiagnose COVID cases from PCR tests is hardly enough to amount a 90% drop.

Then covid should have dissapeared as well by your logic. They are both a virus with the same transmission means so if you stop one with those measures then you stop both, but as we all know it didn't stop covid at all.
No, COVID spreads more easily than the flu.

COVID-19 appears to be more contagious and to spread more quickly than the flu.

Make a cogent argument why masking a social distancing would eliminate, not reduce ELIMINATE one respiratory virus while another that's transmitted the same way flourishes, even considering that it's more contagious, and I'll believe it. No one has been able to do that as of yet.

BTW how am I making this political?
For starters, people with influenza have little if any infectious period before they are symptomatic. In this day and age, anyone symptomatic with anything resembling COVID (such as influenza) would be especially careful and isolate.

The route of spread is but one of many factors which determine how infectious something is. Other factors include the degree of viral shedding, the infectious dose, and a lot more that I can't think of right now.

It's the same reason that some strains (such as delta) are more highly infectious than other strains.

You're making it political by assuming this is some weird conspiracy against Trump.

Science..
Until Employee Inventors Get Half the Value of Corporate Patents, Science Is for Suckers

Far more important than these temporary issues if the fact that Kary Mullis, the inventor of the PCR (polymerase chain reaction), received $30,000 for it, then his parasitic corporate owners got $300,000,000 when they sold it.

CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses.

didn't da gub'mit just make a huge purchase?

~S~
1/2 a billion----which taxpayers have to pay for to send out to people that don't want them. When I get mine...I am sending it to Biden with GO BRANDON written across it.

1/2 Billion units is going to mean billions $$$ to big pharma. Each of these aholes involved in this need to be in prison.

Forum List

Back