Zone1 This is What the Government has done for Whites

Yes, we know. The country used to be racist in the past. Time to take advantage of all the favoritism you‘ve enjoyed for two generations. That’s plenty of time to move from poverty to middle class comfort. Stop making excuses.

8 Handouts Given To Whites​

“Racism has distorted reality for many whites. Teachings about history, the world, the pursuits of thought, expressions of culture, and personal relationships have for most whites been both limited and false.” -Horace Seldon

What you explained fit YOUR narrative. I don't have a narrative and no matter what excuses any of you whites use, the fact is that the government gave free land to whites.

Molly, 93 million whites live on homestead lands. Entire states were created by homesteading. The constitution was ratified in 1787. You guys talk about the document all the time. So your that was in the past schtick won't work here. Whites got free land. Whites passed that free land to their children. Ask Cliven Bundy, he livee on homestead land and whines because he had to pay a grazing fee. Whites on the right have a serious entitlement mentality.
You talk as if this affects most whites today, it doesn’t. My ancestors were not given anything. Most came here after the Civil War, some were Native American.

Yes,

Let's focus on an opinionated, narrow, one sided, racist rant, brought to us by the boards biggest bigot.
He may be opinionated, but he is absolutely correct on THE FACTS and I am unable to tell if you're annoyed because he's right or if you're just embarrassed because the gaping holes in your "education" left you unaware of these FACTS of American history and policy.

There is nothing racist or bigoted about FACTS, but you were reported for attacking him nonetheless.

8 Handouts Given To Whites​

“Racism has distorted reality for many whites. Teachings about history, the world, the pursuits of thought, expressions of culture, and personal relationships have for most whites been both limited and false.” -Horace Seldon

Racism has certainly distorted reality for some people. And the one I have in mind isn’t white. Go figure.

Whites have been given the most by the government. At every level. That's an inconvenient truth that you are going to face for as long as we have people here talking about black favoritism. It happens now. Voter "integrity is an example.

And just for Lisa and Molly, here's a refresher course:

Title 4 or IV of the social security act of 1935 provided grants to states as Aid To Dependent Children. Eventually the name of the program was changed to Aid to Families with Dependent Children. This was welfare, folks. Assistance for single moms with children and no daddy at home. In 1935. Blacks were excluded.

Aid to Dependent Children functioned mainly to provide federal grants to help the states with mothers’ aid laws that began in 1910.35

The ADC plan was written by two ladies who had been former directors of what was at the time called the U.S. Children’s Bureau. The Children’s Bureau’s goal was to provide aid to all children whose mothers had no support from a husband no matter how they got into that position. From the Children's Bureau in 1910 until 1965, no one talked about how the welfare state was wrong and created the disintegration of the white family. I read no lectures about the irresponsible white father. The program was not denigrated as something creating dependence on government; it was seen as essential assistance needed to help women without husbands who had children. Only when the law required that others besides whites be included did the story change to how the welfare state was wrong and destructive.

In short, white women have been eligible for some form of government assistance for over 100 years.

Hugo Furst said:
Yes,

Let's focus on an opinionated, narrow, one sided, racist rant, brought to us by the boards biggest bigot.

Let's see, have you made similar comments to other whites who have continually claimed that all blacks want is a handout? Or the people who claim the government spent trillions on blacks? How about the ones who claim Johnson.s program was just for blacks and that it ruined the black family? And why do I have to be opinionated when everybody here is posting their opinions? Do you have a problem with looking at public policy? Or is it the recognition that the opinion of those like you is now shown to be meritless? There was nothing racist said, but your response is the classic response when a right wing white persons racial comfort has been destroyed by a person of color.

You guys run your mouths incessantly about how blacks are given all these things, well, you have just run into a black man who studied the matter to see if what you guys say is true. It wasn't one sided when you and others like you ranted on and on about the free stuff we are supposed to get, or the race card we are supposed to play. So it's like this, you will face the truth and the record shows who has been given the most....Whites.

What exactly did he post that is incorrect?
Nothing. But he and the others who think like him believe if they say that over and over to themselves then it will make it become wrong.

BackAgain said:
Racism has certainly distorted reality for some people. And the one I have in mind isn’t white. Go figure.

This is reality:

Whether it was colonial government or the current republic we have now, the government has provided whites with more than it has ever given to anyone else. This was not because people of color did not take the opportunity because most of these things EXCLUDED non white participation. The handouts/privilege started with this:

In 1618, the Virginia colony passed "the Great Charter of privileges, orders, and laws." Among these laws was a provision that any person who settled in Virginia or paid for the transportation of another person to settle in Virginia would get fifty acres of land per person. “The right to receive fifty acres per person, or per head, was called a headright.” It got even better for colonists as those who “imported” slaves also got fifty acres per slave. The practice was continued by the government of Virginia, for 161 years, ending in 1779. Headrights were not only limited to Virginia. The headright system was used in all the original thirteen colonies. Headrights were the first of many government handouts of free stuff or guarantees providing whites with economic development assistance.

It continued with this:

The Three-Fifths Compromise is found in Article 1, Section 2, Clause 3 of the United States Constitution. It says: “Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three-fifths of all other Persons.”

And with this:

The Naturalization Act of 1790 states: “any alien, being a free white person,” could apply for citizenship, so long as they lived in the United States for at least two years and in the state where the application was filed for at least one year. This law allowed “children of citizens of the United States that may be born … out of the limits of the United States shall be considered as natural-born citizens.” Please notice the first seven words. Only whites were entitled to be citizens of this country.

And with this:

One of the greatest miscarriages of justice in this nation’s history was a direct rebuttal to the claim that all men are created equal called Dred Scott v. Sandford. I am not going into all the particulars of this case. The court’s opinion says all you need to know. A black man has no rights a white man is bound to respect.” The result of Dred Scott v. Sandford was that whites were given rights and status blacks were denied.Or- Affirmative Action.

And with this:

Passed in 1862, the Homestead Acts gave away 246 million acres of land. To qualify for Homestead land, a person had to be a citizen of the United States, and blacks were not given citizenship until 1866.

And this:

On April 16, 1895, the United States Supreme Court rendered another one of the sorriest decisions in American history. It is known as Plessy vs. Ferguson. From this decision came the principle of separate but equal.

And this:

The National Housing Act was passed by Congress and signed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1934. This law created the Federal Housing Administration or the FHA. The National Housing Act is the policy that may have had the most impact on wealth accumulation in modern America.

Between 1934 and 1968, the FHA implemented and put into practice a policy that still negatively impacts communities today. The FHA Underwriting Manual set the guidelines real estate agents used to assess home values in American neighborhoods. This manual promoted racist real estate practices. It was done by defending racially restrictive covenants and segregated communities. Due to this manual, the FHA established a neighborhood grading system based purely on false racist perceptions.

Redlining was the name of that grading system. My point here is the FHA was a government agency whose policies specifically provided whites with opportunities to increase wealth through homeownership. The formation of the FHA and its guaranteed loan program only worked to increase white advantage.
“Of the $120 billion worth of new housing subsidized by the government between 1934 and 1962, less than 2 percent went to nonwhite families.”

And this:

The Social Security Act of 1935 created the Social Security program, state unemployment insurance, and assistance to single women with children.Today, most Americans love the program. However, when the act was signed, the law excluded occupations mainly done by blacks. When President Roosevelt signed the law, approximately two-thirds of the blacks in America were ineligible. For years, most blacks were excluded from social security savings and could not get unemployment.

And this:

Title 4 or IV of the social security act of 1935 provided grants to states as Aid To Dependent Children. Eventually the name of the program was changed to Aid to Families with Dependent Children. This was welfare, folks. Assistance for single moms with children and no daddy at home. In 1935. Blacks were excluded.

And this:

The Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 created the minimum wage and time and a half overtime pay for working over forty hours a week. Child labor was eliminated by this act. All these were good things, but… In every law that was passed as part of The New Deal, Roosevelt had to compromise with southern representatives to get the votes he needed. In the case of the FLSA, due to pressure from southern congress members, he decided that industries would be excluded from the regulations where the majority of workers were black. Because of this, blacks were paid less than the minimum wage.

And this:

On June 22, 1944, President Roosevelt signed the Servicemen’s Readjustment Act, better known as the G.I. Bill.38 This law provided benefits for veterans returning from World War Two. This act included funds for college tuition, low-cost home loans, and unemployment insurance. As in every other program during this time, southern members of Congress fought the passage of these laws unless there were provisions that limited access to blacks.

Over one million returning black soldiers were unable to get GI benefits.
My father was one of those soldiers.

And today white women are the number one beneficiary of affirmative action. So when you're white trying to diss blacks with affirmative action, look in the mirror and you will see the image of the people who have benefitted the most from what you say Affirmative Action is. When you start ranting about government handouts and dependence look in the mirror again. The dependence on government by whites is why we see the complaining due to the fact that others are getting what some whites think they are entitled to. After all, when you bitch about imaginary quotas that if they were real, would give whites 70 percent of the jobs, admissions, government contracts and promotions, the only reason that you are bitching is because you believe you are entitled to everything.

REALITY. You will face it.

Joe, I don't care what excuse you make for this. It's irrelevant. This should never have been done.

Um, actually, it was done for a very good reason, to get all the states to sign on to a union. Otherwise, we'd have been a bunch of smaller countries that would have been scooped up by the great powers.

The South wanted to count slaves in the Census for purposes of representation.
The North didn't.

the 3/5th compromise was exactly that--- a compromise. Most of the founders felt that slavery would dry up and disappear on its own. They didn't anticipate the rise of the Cotton industry making it a lucrative business.

Everything I prresented is documented history. Excuses are unacceptable. The white racists here want to blame everybody else for wanting to be dependent on the government and lecture everybody about handouts. But when the mirror is held to your face and the truth is shown, we get excuses. And people actually think that explaining an invalid excuse changes the reality of what happened.

So the reason that our ghettos are full of crime and dependency is 400 years ago, someone got an unfair land grant? I'm really not sure how that works. My Grandparents came here from Germany during the Great Depression, no one was giving them handouts... or were particularly glad to see them. Everyone's got a sad story, man.

Whites have been the ones given the most by the government. The backlash today is because whites on the right want more from the government. The right wants states rights because they know that's how they will be given the most stuff.

Except whites on the right don't want more from the government. They want the government to keep out of their business and not take most of their wealth.

I paid $25,000 in taxes last year on $82,000 in income. Now, as a progressive, I understand that this is the cost of a free society, but I can see where someone in the same boat could get upset waiting in line in the grocery store because it was EBT recharge day and someone is filling their cart with junk food and arguing with the cashier over what is covered by SNAP and what is covered by WIC.

History is documented. Legal decisions and legislation are documented and are public records. So you guys can huff and puff all you want, you can try all the whitesplaining there is, you can name call and use personal attacks, you can try every gaslighting technqiue there is but the record shows this:

And so what was done to YOU personally. Not your ancestors, not blacks as a whole- you personally.

Someone should have explained to you at an early age that life isn't fair.

Whites have been given the most by the government. At every level. That's an inconvenient truth that you are going to face for as long as we have people here talking about black favoritism. It happens now. Voter "integrity is an example.

And just for Lisa and Molly, here's a refresher course:

Aid to Dependent Children functioned mainly to provide federal grants to help the states with mothers’ aid laws that began in 1910.35

The ADC plan was written by two ladies who had been former directors of what was at the time called the U.S. Children’s Bureau. The Children’s Bureau’s goal was to provide aid to all children whose mothers had no support from a husband no matter how they got into that position. From the Children's Bureau in 1910 until 1965, no one talked about how the welfare state was wrong and created the disintegration of the white family. I read no lectures about the irresponsible white father. The program was not denigrated as something creating dependence on government; it was seen as essential assistance needed to help women without husbands who had children. Only when the law required that others besides whites be included did the story change to how the welfare state was wrong and destructive.

In short, white women have been eligible for some form of government assistance for over 100 years.
We don’t need refresher courses. Where have I denied things that happened in the PAST? You post as if whites today have shit that you don’t. None of us receive any special programs or benefits that are exclusively for whites.

Why isn’t TWO generations of pro-black racist policies, giving blacks the opportunity to get into Ivy League universities, become lawyers, become doctors, etc., that the majority were given due to skin color reparations enough?

If I were black, and had the same level of motivation, discipline, talent in my field, and intelligence, and wanted to become a lawyer for example, I would have been accepted into Harvard or Yale Law School, gotten a prestigious clerkship, been granted partnership at a law firm, and perhaps have even been the black female affirmative action pick as VP or Scotus nominee.

The favoritism toward blacks must stop, and we should make selections based on the best qualified, regardless of race. You don’t abolish racism by perpetrating it.

Why isn’t TWO generations of pro-black racist policies, giving blacks the opportunity to get into Ivy League universities, become lawyers, become doctors, etc., that the majority were given due to skin color reparations enough?

Because it's two generations, and doesn't make up for the inherent bias. The problem with Ivy League schools is that they are given a leg up, even though the quality of education isn't really any better than a state college. So as long as we give these elite schools undue influence, the student body SHOULD be diverse.

If a moron like Dubya Bush can drink his way through Yale and Harvard on a Skull and Bones legacy, then a black kid with slightly lesser scores should be able to get in, too. We saw in the Varsity Blues Scandal how pervasive the wealthy buying their kids way into college is.. .but I hear nary a peep from you about that.

If I were black, and had the same level of motivation, discipline, talent in my field, and intelligence, and wanted to become a lawyer for example, I would have been accepted into Harvard or Yale Law School, gotten a prestigious clerkship, been granted partnership at a law firm, and perhaps have even been the black female affirmative action pick as VP or Scotus nominee.

Is this why you are bitter? Because instead of being a lawyer (not that anything stopped you) you ended up being a bitter admissions officer at a private school deciding which privileged brats got in.

The rich consider you the hired help. Yet you still stick up for them over people who aren't much worse off than you are.

The favoritism toward blacks must stop, and we should make selections based on the best qualified, regardless of race. You don’t abolish racism by perpetrating it.

Then get rid of the racist legacies, purchased entrances, athletics, etc.

Just face the truth of white dependence on government.

Forum List

Back