Zone1 CSU employee alleges gender, race disparity in pay

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Interesting how we have had 57 years of race & sex discrimination AGAINST white males, and nowhere is this more evident than in universities, yet we hear complaints going in exactly the opposite direction.
A class-action lawsuit filed this week in San Bernardino by a CSU employee alleges that women and people of color who work in the California State University system, are underpaid compared to their white male counterparts,

Camelia Fowler, a Black community partnerships analyst at Cal State San Bernardino, claims the university system is violating the state's Fair Employment and Housing Act. She is seeking unspecified damages.

I once had a job in a university and was paid less than some others doing the same work. There were REASONS why. Those other employees had been working there longer, and had more specific training than I did.
I also saw many women & people of color being promoted to higher paying jobs through Affirmative Action, who were less qualified than white male employees. One could wonder how some of the women of color could have ever been hired at all, when they probably couldn't even pass a 4th grade grammar test.

I wonder how many white males have not been working in the Cal State San Bernardino University at all, because they were denied admission, to allow Camilia Fowler to be admitted, BECAUSE she was a woman & a person of color.

Forum List

Back