This Is My Body

So, just so I get this correctly as I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't mean for us to turn into cannibals,.. what He meant by having us "eat" His body and "drink" His blood is for us to have His spirit inside of us right? Or is there more to it than that?
The text in the Bible is symbolic, not literal.

If I said, "You'll be the death of me", in the literal sense, I will die because of you. In the symbolic sense, "If your behavior continues like this, it will cause me the maximum amount of aggravation".

Not the greatest analogy, but the text in the Bible needs studied to gain it's true meaning.

Last edited:
Let’ s Remember that the Greek word Eucharist - Simply means - THANKFUL - Thanks. - Gratitude.

In Mat 15:36, Joh_6:11, Mar_8:6 the term Eucharist has nothing to do with anything eXcept for Being Thankful for the food.

We find in Mat 15:36, Joh_6:11, Mar_8:6 He took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave Eucharist / Thanks and gave to the multitude.

And shortly afterwards in Joh 6:23 After Yahoshua had calmed the raging sea, He sat in the boat and ate bread with the disciples and ate more read and fish and again gave Eucharist / Thanks.

Also, here are just a few other verses where believers are giving Eucharist / Thanks – and it has nothing to do with food or the last supper.

Luk_17:16 The ten lepers who were healed gave Eucharist / Thanks.

Luk_18:11 The Pharisee gave Eucharist / Thanks
Joh_11:41 Yahoshua said Father, I give Eucharist / Thanks to thee.
Act_28:15 The brethren gave Eucharist / Thanks to God.
Rom_1:8, Rom_7:25, 1Co_1:4, 1Co_10:30, 1Co_14:18, Php_1:3 Paul gave Eucharist / Thanks to God.
Rom_1:21 The unrighteousness do not give Eucharist / Thanks to God.

Rom_16:4, Col_1:3 Paul and all of the churches give Eucharist / Thanks.

1Co_14:17 You give Eucharist / Thanks and do well.
2Co_1:11 Eucharist / Thanks may be given.
Eph_1:16 Cease not to give Eucharist / Thanks
Eph_5:20 Giving Eucharist / Thanks always

Col_1:12, Col_3:17 Giving Eucharist / Thanks unto the Father.
1Th_1:2, 1Th_2:13, 2Th_1:3, Phm_1:4 We give Eucharist / Thanks to God.

1Th_5:18 In everything give Eucharist / Thanks:
Rev_11:17 The twenty-four elders said - We give you Eucharist / Thanks, O Lord God Almighty,
__
Concerning the topic of the Roman Catholic Eucharist, let's take a look at how the Jewish people in the days of the Bible spoke. Let's take a look at how they used words and figures of speech.

The fact is – this Hebrew word - 'âkal / aw-kal' - - Means = To
eat (literally or figuratively): - To burn up, consume, devour - To dine, eat up), To feed. This Hebrew word is used in - 700 verses total in the entire Old Testament. –

And of these total 700 verses - it is used 434 times - as the word “
EAT “ – meaning to eat food. And the other 266 times this same exact word is used SYMBOLICALLY / METAPHORICALLY - to also mean “ EAT “ but in the form of a symbolist, allegorical, figurative, denotative and suggestive as “ CONSUMPTION “ - that has nothing to do with eating foods.

And yes, this word is majoritively, by large - used in a harmful, destructive and negative way . In the symbolic usage of this word “ outside of being used to mean eating food “ when this word is used. The lion's share of the terminology usage and expressions of this word is truly used in a destructive, caustic and critical meaning.

But it also has a constructive, positive and a good encouraging meaning, and this symbolic concept is used in the Bible in a good way.

As Yahoshua said - Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat - of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

And .... Joh 4::32 And Joh 4:32 I “ Yahoshu “ have
MEAT to eat - that ye know not of. 34 My MEAT is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. :32 I “ Yahoshu “ have MEAT to EAT that ye know not of. :36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal.

And - Joh 6:26 Ye seek me.....because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled. Joh 6:27 Labour not for the
MEAT which perisheth, but for that MEAT which endureth unto everlasting life.....
Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my
flesh, and DRINKeth my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. :53 Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and DRINK his blood, ye have no life in you.

Joh 6:55 For my
flesh is MEAT indeed, and my blood is DRINK indeed. :56 He that eateth my flesh, and DRINKeth my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. :57 : so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. :58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat “ LITERAL FOOD “ manna, “ - and are dead: he that eateth of this “ SYMBOLIC “ bread shall live for ever.
And... Mat 15:25 To the Canaanite woman Yahoshua said - . :26 - It is not good to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. :27 And she said, yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, hear what the Spirit says unto the churches that overcometh will I give to eat - of the hidden manna.

The Apostle also used this same exact concept in a constructive and positive symbolic way.

1Co 3:1 I must speak unto you in the carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. :2 I have FED you with milk, and not with MEAT: ye are not able to bear it.
1Co 10:3 The Israelites
ATE the same spiritual MEAT; :4 The same spiritual DRINK: they DRANK of that spiritual Rock = Christ.
Heb 5:11 Ye are dull of hearing. :12 That i must teach you _ only _ of milk concerning the oracles of God and cannot teach you of the strong
MEAT :13 For every one that uses milk is un - skilful in the word..... for he is a babe. :14 But strong MEAT belongs to them that are of full age.. having their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Job 6:30 Is there iniquity in my tongue? cannot my
TASTE discern perverse things?
Job 12:11 Doth not the ear try “ the words Of God “ and the mouth
TASTE God’s MEAT?
Psa 34:8 O
TASTE and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
Psa 119:103 How SWEET are thy words unto my
TASTE yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
2Ti 2:16 Shun profane, vain babblings :17 These word will
EAT as doth a canker / ulcer.
Joh 8:52 Yahoshua said - If a man keep my saying, he shall never
TASTE of death.

Mat 16:28 and Luk 9:27 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not
TASTE of death....
Joh 8:52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never
TASTE of death.

Jas 5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall
EAT your flesh as it were fire.
Isa 58:14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD.......and I will
EAT thee with the heritage of Jacob thy fathe......
Deu 4:24 For the LORD thy God is an
EATING fire, a jealous God.
Heb 12:29 For our God is an
EATING fire.
Gen 31:15 Rachel and Leah said that their father had
EATEN up - consumed - our money.

This is not even a fraction of the entirety of all the verses in the Bible - but is the entirety of the COMPLETE Symbolic nature of how this concept and metaphoric model of all of the ways that this word is used to mean devour, absorb, consume, and the same word in the Hebrew and also - the Greek is the same exact words meaning to
EAT. This is how the Jews spoke and how the entire manuscripts use the word - EAT. It has a symbolic meaning. – both positive and negative – but it has the same exact symbolism - depending what it is referring to in the subject description, and it all means the same exact thing - whether it is an EATING fire or an EATING sword or an EATING army or an EATING famine that starves a civilization to death.

The same symbolic concept, model and reproduction of the allegorical metaphoric meaning - is also used as in the same exact way - - as the mind and the soul and in the symbolic actions - in the Bible we are “ ourselves “ spiritually and mentally devouring, consuming, assimilating, digesting, taking in, ABSORBING digest, gobbling, chomping, munching, wolfing down and
EATING the word of God and literally symbolically EATING / digesting our Bible and EATING God himself.

And God is symbolically
EATING the wicked by destruction and Yahoshua was EATING, consuming, devouring and digesting - the will of God. - In the Bible – this word transforms into the symbolic meaning of consumption and the Greek and Hebrew words are the same exact word and meaning as the literal word used as when they described – EATING food and DRINK.

Psa 22:20 Deliver my soul from..... the power of the dog. :21 Save me from the lion's MOUTH:
Eze 39:18 Ye shall
EAT the flesh of the mighty, and DRINK the blood of the princes of the earth...
Psa 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; - :2 He makes me lie down in
green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

We could fill many, many pages of symbolic ways that we devour, consume and
EAT the things that God intends to spiritually give to his people.

Heb 13:15 Let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
MAT 5:6, "Blessed are they which do HUNGER and THIRST after righteousness: ....
MEAT will come in due season."

JESUS said that his " THIS "
FLESH / BLOOD / MEAT - profiteth nothing: = His physical body for food is useless, worthless, no value and no profit to EAT for food - BUT it is the WORDS - the words that he speaks unto MAN.~~~ they are - THE spirit, and life. - His WORD - is the subject of the symbolism and what he was explaining. - this " flesh */blood / MEAT {sarx}- profiteth nothing in the context of EATING as food – his flesh and blood.

Many today are still asking Yahoshua, today - How can this man give us his flesh to EAT ? and asking - how can we convince others - that he was speaking of this as literal food and DRINK.

it was also impossible to change the translation to use any other symbolic words for EAT - and DRINK other than the concept of - to crush, chew break apart, break down, devour, mash, pound, maw, chop, pulverize, reduce to pulp, puree, squash, tear into pieces and crush down and EAT the entire word of God – chew it up and swallow the MEAT of God’s Word, and digest it into our hearts, minds and souls and feed it to others in the same way.

The Bible is filled with this symbolic meaning = Mic 3:2 Evil people pluck off the skin and flesh from the bones of my people; :3 And EAT / consume/ devour the flesh of my people, and flay their skin from off them; and they break their bones, and chop them in pieces, as for the pot, and as flesh within the caldron.

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: /
EAT.
Rev 12:4 The dragon stood before the woman - to devour /
EAT - her child as soon as it was born.
1Co_15:54
Death is SWALLOWED / DRANK - up in victory.
2Co_2:7 Forgive them, lest they be
SWALLOWED / DRANK - up with overmuch sorrow.
2Co_5:4 That mortality might be
SWALLOWED / DRANK - up of life.
Mat 20:22 Are ye able to
DRINK of the cup that I shall DRINK of ?
Rev 14:10 The same shall
DRINK of the wine of the wrath of God,
Rev 18:3 For all nations have
DRANK of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
1Co 12:13 Whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to
DRINK into one Spirit.
Rev_12:16 The earth opened her MOUTH , and
SWALLOWED / DRANK - up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

Rev 16:6 You have given the saints and prophets that were killed - blood to
DRINK; for they are worthy. - { they DRANK symbolically DRANK / SWALLOWED - their own blood / life.

Also the word Eucharist in Greek - - eucharisteō - yoo-khar-is-teh'-o.. - Meaning = To be grateful, that is, (actually) to express gratitude (towards); To - (give - thankfulness. ).

Even if ,

If - Yahoshua had LITERALLY said - " THIS "
FLESH / BLOOD / MEAT - is profitable and very important - and has nothing whatsoever symbolically - to do with being compared to the words I am speaking. =

Even if he stated that - His physical body for food is profitable,, valuable to EAT for food - and has nothing to do with my WORD and - THE spirit - and THE life that I give, . –

EVEN IF HE HAD SAID - that His WORD - is not the subject of the symbolism and what he was explaining. - in the context of EATING as food – his flesh and blood.

It still has absolutely
nothing with the Roman Catholic TERM Eucharist - of - " A Sacrament - called -
The Eucharist " The word Eucharist has nothing to do with this entire event.

The Greek Word Eucharist - simply means - To be grateful, to express gratitude To - (give - thankfulness. ).

Never was there a ceremony nor a tradition called " Eucharist " - in the Bible.
If Yahoshua was speaking literal and not in the traditional symbolic metaphorical way that the Hebrew society had been already been speaking for the last 4000 years - This is exactly how the Old Terstament is symbolicly using this idea - - It still does not prove that the Eucharist of Rome has anything whatsoever to do regarding anything in The Last Supper. Eucharist is used about 40 times in the New Testament and it only means - appreciative and thankful. To say " The Holy Gratitude " " The Holy Thankfulness " -

There is not even a phrase in the entire Bible that mentions the phrase " The Holy Body " outside of - The Body Of The Church and the Body Of Each Individual Believer, who are made holy by the
death and sacrifice on the cross in his blood offering - THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT. The Bible never even one time says - that The Body OF Yahoshua was Holy. Because only the Holy Spirit is Holy, our bodies are made Holy - by the Holy Spirit. Including Yahoshua. -

1Co 6:19 your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own ?

We are never made Holy by EATING a piece of bread - in the Bible.

Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his
flesh, and of his bones. The Church is the only thing that is mentioned as the body of Christ in the New Testament by the Apostles.

The Apostles never, ever mention the bread and wine as the literal presence and real body of Christ. This is not a part of what they taught. The Bread and Wine are never even elevated to the status of being called as " holy "

Last edited:

Forum List

Back