This Is Bullying?

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
Hmmmm ... I often heard untoward comments from the crew cut jocks about my hair length back in the late 60s. I just laughed, and told them university studies showed that in males long hair was indicative (pun intended) of penis length.

Bullying is when they attack you physically. Otherwise, knuckle up, kid.

Dad teaches 9-year-old son important lesson about bullying

Hmmmm ... I often heard untoward comments from the crew cut jocks about my hair length back in the late 60s. I just laughed, and told them university studies showed that in males long hair was indicative (pun intended) of penis length.

:lol: Good one.

Uh --- no, it's way more than the physical.

You should read your own link. The father (and the son) handled it really well. That would not have been the case had he taken the cowardly way out with "knuckle up, kid".

You know, you can call me just about anything you want to and it won't bother me very much.

Lay hands on me? Totally different story, because then I'll put you on the ground.

You know, you can call me just about anything you want to and it won't bother me very much.

Lay hands on me? Totally different story, because then I'll put you on the ground.
And then what would you do to me?

:lol: Good one.

Uh --- no, it's way more than the physical.

You should read your own link. The father (and the son) handled it really well. That would not have been the case had he taken the cowardly way out with "knuckle up, kid".

Indeed, they handled it great. But the kid's comment "it made me feel sad" is a bit disturbing. He needs to learn to laugh at all the funny monkeys in life. Sticks and stones and all that. That was my only intent with the "knuckle up" phrase, which I prefaced with "otherwise" to make clear.

To me, all that the boy had to do was let it be known why his hair is as long as it is. Who knows? Maybe he'll have company where his helpful calling is concerned. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I donate my hair too. Next month will be my 6th time.

And no, that isn't bullying, it's teasing and it is a part of adolescence.

And that is why the father told his son to shine it on, instead of going and getting into a fight.

Yes, the turn the other cheek philosophy works in certain cases, and this is one of them.
Wrong. It "works" because they're in THIRD GRADE but the lesson taught to the teaser is quite the opposite. This is how bullies get their start.

Forum List

Back