This guy lays out an ironclad case for term limits.

Feeding a steady stream of political novices to the army of slick lobbyists in Washington would be the greatest gift anyone ever gave to big business. The problem is not the length of the term but the "business friendly" politicians many Americans insist on electing.
Lobbying should be a capital crime.

No thinking person could possibly say he is wrong.

Yer video doesn't work.

That said, I'm 100% for term limits on everyone from local school board all the way up to and including supreme court justices.

I have one very simple argument against term limits.

I don’t want you deciding who I get to vote for.

That’s all term limits are.
Yet you accept it for the presidency.

The Founders expected these people to LEAVE and not make a lifetime career of public "service." They are supposed to GO BACK HOME and live under the laws they imposed on the rest of the country

Here is why I am not in favor of term limits.

I voted for this man, many times, and would have continued to do so, had he not retired, as he represented me well...

"Goodlatte has been reelected ten times."

"The American Conservative Union gave him a 94% evaluation."

Why would I want to replace him? Or my current rep, Ben Cline, whom I have voted for twice now?

I suspect that people who are not happy with their representatives are more likely to be in favor of term limits.

The Founders expected these people to LEAVE and not make a lifetime career of public "service." They are supposed to GO BACK HOME and live under the laws they imposed on the rest of the country

Know why there aren’t term limits? Because the founders didn’t make them and the people don’t care.

The last time they tried they were told by Ron Paul that it is unconstitutional to put term limits on them because it is not in the constitution.

He's correct. It requires an amendment like they had to do for the Office of the President.

Know why there aren’t term limits? Because the founders didn’t make them and the people don’t care.
What was the figure...86% want term limits.

Seems we do care.

That said, I'm 100% for term limits on everyone from local school board all the way up to and including supreme court justices.

Aren't elections term limits? Nobody is forcing the people to vote these same politicians back into office over and over again. The people choose to do that.

I propose selective term limits governed by a council of citizens so we can boot the blithering idiots and corrupt bastards out of congress. Pelosi, Schumer, that moron AOC and her squad would be the first to go.

Feeding a steady stream of political novices to the army of slick lobbyists in Washington would be the greatest gift anyone ever gave to big business. The problem is not the length of the term but the "business friendly" politicians many Americans insist on electing.

In addition to which, no corporate manual in the world tells you to get rid of people as soon as they have sufficient experience to know what they're doing, and understand the processes. But that's what these term limit types want to do.

But I do think there should be an AGE limit for politicians. I would say 70 and out.

In addition to which, no corporate manual in the world tells you to get rid of people as soon as they have sufficient experience to know what they're doing, and understand the processes. But that's what these term limit types want to do.

But I do think there should be an AGE limit for politicians. I would say 70 and out.
You clearly didn’t watch the video.

Either that, or your IQ is lower than the temp at the North Pole right now.

you want a 70 year age limit on politicians, yet suck Pedo Joe’s shriveled dick here every day. :laughing0301:

There is no reasonable argument for term limits. No thinking person would ever suggest them.

Thanks for showing up and proving what I said in my OP to be spot on, Moron.

No company in the world gets rid of people just as they become capable, experienced and know what is going on. It's idiocy to even think about it. Age limits for sure. 70 and out. But we've just had four years of people who haven't a clue how government works, and it's been a disaster, that will take 10 years for the nation to recover from.

Get rid of lobbyists and PAC money. They're your problem, not term limits. Government is too large, too complex, and too nerdy for someone to come in for a term or term and get out.

Forum List

Back