This Drug Gets You High and Is Legal (Maybe) Across the Country

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Texas has one of the most restrictive medical marijuana laws in the country, with sales allowed only by prescription for a handful of conditions.

That has not stopped Lukas Gilkey, chief executive of Hometown Hero CBD, based in Austin. His company sells joints, blunts, gummy bears, vaping devices and tinctures that offer a recreational high. In fact, business is booming online as well, where he sells to many people in other states with strict marijuana laws.

But Gilkey said that he is no outlaw and that he is not selling marijuana, just a close relation. He is offering products with a chemical compound — Delta-8-THC — extracted from hemp. It is only slightly chemically different from Delta 9, which is the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.

And that small distinction, it turns out, may make a big difference in the eyes of the law. Under federal law, psychoactive Delta 9 is explicitly outlawed. But Delta-8-THC from hemp is not, a loophole that some entrepreneurs say allows them to sell it in many states where hemp possession is legal. The number of customers “coming into Delta 8 is staggering,” Gilkey said.

There is a loophole. Depending on where you live that may not be for long.

Yes, cdb does give you the munchies and it does relax yous, but not the way I want to get high..One reason to stay away from Texass is their redneck assholio cops and leaders. Who rule with an iron grip! CDB is industrial hemp and will not be going away it was wrong to out law hemp because it has so many uses.

I have no idea about his but most CBD does not get you high. If made from hemp, hemp does not either.

After reading the entire article the guy reads like he is a scammer. Hinting at something he can't provide. At least not as he is claiming.

Texas has one of the most restrictive medical marijuana laws in the country, with sales allowed only by prescription for a handful of conditions.

That has not stopped Lukas Gilkey, chief executive of Hometown Hero CBD, based in Austin. His company sells joints, blunts, gummy bears, vaping devices and tinctures that offer a recreational high. In fact, business is booming online as well, where he sells to many people in other states with strict marijuana laws.

But Gilkey said that he is no outlaw and that he is not selling marijuana, just a close relation. He is offering products with a chemical compound — Delta-8-THC — extracted from hemp. It is only slightly chemically different from Delta 9, which is the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.

And that small distinction, it turns out, may make a big difference in the eyes of the law. Under federal law, psychoactive Delta 9 is explicitly outlawed. But Delta-8-THC from hemp is not, a loophole that some entrepreneurs say allows them to sell it in many states where hemp possession is legal. The number of customers “coming into Delta 8 is staggering,” Gilkey said.

There is a loophole. Depending on where you live that may not be for long.
There's about a half dozen places that I know of that sell CBD within just a couple miles but I haven't tried it. It seems like every independent convenience store sells it. And this is Ohio where marijuana is still illegal without a prescription.

I know a lot of people who have smoked it and most of them say it looks like pot and smells like pot but it doesn't get you high.

Most states have an Analogue Act that creates a catch all which makes drugs that are close in chemical structure illegal if they produce similar effects to the illegal version. Don't know how aggressive they'd be about prosecuting it for something related to weed though, as many states (such as Florida) aren't even prosecuting possession cases given that Congress legalized hemp/CBD products which usually cannot be distinguished from weed by a street level testing kit.

There seems to be a bit of confusion here. Delta-8 THC is NOT CBD oil. CBD oil is simple cannabinol oil: 2-[(1R,6R)-3-Methyl-6-prop-1-en-2-ylcyclohex-2-en-1-yl]-5-pentylbenzene-1,3-diol.

That is NOT Delta-8 tetrahydrocannabinol. Delta-8 gets you stoned much as Delta-9, just that 9 is more psychoactive whereas 8 is more of a body high.

CBD has virtually no THC of either kind and does none of this.

There seems to be a bit of confusion here. Delta-8 THC is NOT CBD oil. CBD oil is simple cannabinol oil: 2-[(1R,6R)-3-Methyl-6-prop-1-en-2-ylcyclohex-2-en-1-yl]-5-pentylbenzene-1,3-diol.

That is NOT Delta-8 tetrahydrocannabinol. Delta-8 gets you stoned much as Delta-9, just that 9 is more psychoactive whereas 8 is more of a body high.

I agree--and there does appear to be confusion by the feds..although the DEA claims it's illegal..the Hemp Lobby is fighting hard. I imagine legalization/decriminalization will make the point moot soon.
BTW, I swear by a CBD cream for joint pain...works well...for me.

I agree--and there does appear to be confusion by the feds..although the DEA claims it's illegal..the Hemp Lobby is fighting hard. I imagine legalization/decriminalization will make the point moot soon.

Exactly. Most people, when they smoke grass, are getting a mixture of both isomers in varying quantities, which is why some grass relaxes you, some excites you, some makes you trippy or spaced out and some gives you the munchies, or any combination therein.

Well, you folks made me curious. I've looked at local CBD oil at the pharmacy but refuse to pay $60 for a small bottle of capsules of simple cannabinol oil. So I just found a source of delta-8 and bought two ounces (56 grams) of pure 96% distillate! I'm not sure if that's a lot or not but I figure, in for a dime, in for a dollar!

Should get it in a few days and I'll let you folks know. Now all I have to do if figure out the dosage and method. I'm not up on all this new vap and other methods. I suppose I can try smoking it directly in a hash oil pipe I luckily saved from high school or adding it to food or putting some on directly on my tongue. Maybe some expert here can advise.

We shall see what effects it has, I have all kinds of anxiety that can use mellowing, all kinds of pain that can use tranquilizing (and I've had limited effectiveness with prescribed opioids), and I have great trouble sleeping.

So if this stuff mellows me out, relaxes me, kills pain, gets me a little buzzed and knocks me out and makes me sleepy, I would be very happy.

Well, you folks made me curious. I've looked at local CBD oil at the pharmacy but refuse to pay $60 for a small bottle of capsules of simple cannabinol oil. So I just found a source of delta-8 and bought two ounces (56 grams) of pure 96% distillate! I'm not sure if that's a lot or not but I figure, in for a dime, in for a dollar!

Should get it in a few days and I'll let you folks know. Now all I have to do if figure out the dosage and method. I'm not up on all this new vap and other methods. I suppose I can try smoking it directly in a hash oil pipe I luckily saved from high school or adding it to food or putting some on directly on my tongue. Maybe some expert here can advise.

We shall see what effects it has, I have all kinds of anxiety that can use mellowing, all kinds of pain that can use tranquilizing (and I've had limited effectiveness with prescribed opioids), and I have great trouble sleeping.

So if this stuff mellows me out, relaxes me, kills pain, gets me a little buzzed and knocks me out and makes me sleepy, I would be very happy.
Its reputation is for a body high..so that sounds as though it might be the ticket!

Most states have an Analogue Act that creates a catch all which makes drugs that are close in chemical structure illegal if they produce similar effects to the illegal version. Don't know how aggressive they'd be about prosecuting it for something related to weed though, as many states (such as Florida) aren't even prosecuting possession cases given that Congress legalized hemp/CBD products which usually cannot be distinguished from weed by a street level testing kit.

I dunno, the phrase "if they produce similar effects to the illegal version" sounds like the kind of vague legislation that makes attorneys drool.

I have no idea about his but most CBD does not get you high. If made from hemp, hemp does not either.

After reading the entire article the guy reads like he is a scammer. Hinting at something he can't provide. At least not as he is claiming.
After quitting cigarettes, they can make me high, it depends on the body type

After quitting cigarettes, they can make me high, it depends on the body type

They can make you light headed. It's not the same. Get up off the chair too fast and you get light headed.

LOL, they make some with grain alcohol. Quite strong at that. They make some without also. Less expensive also. Made not far from me. There have been a few places pop up recently. Some hide the hemp flavor, they do not.

Hey America, how about we try getting through a couple days living in reality instead of living in a stupor.

CBD is made from hemp. Forget the delta 8 derailment, it's the THC gets one "high". Hemp is an "oh I wish I was high, I think I am, I'm not sure". With cannabis it's "shit I'm stoned"

CBD is hemp derived, can't be more than .3THC by law. Average cannabis is 12% THC. Back in the day most was less, until Maui, Wa green, however once the govt began testing back in the late 70's early 80's their are strains 18%. The tests were done on WA green, govt controlled. Walk into airlocks coming and going but the workers still smuggled it out and cloned it. When Ha came down on Maui, one couldn't find WA it all went to Ha. This was early 80's.

I have had CBD oil and the CBD herb, bout $50 an ounce here for herb. CBD oil yeah about $60 a small vial. With both I noticed NO HIGH comparing it to cannabis. However both did relieve anxiety. Want a good oil, try "Rick Simpson Oil" look it up.

Forum List

Back