Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
And yes before anybody even brings it up, this is a political topic, because it's important to remember all of these things this time of year.

1. We should be thankful for history. For without understanding the past, we will never even begin to understand the present and where our future is headed.

2. We should be thankful for what we have instead of always thinking that the grass is greener on the other side. Trump haters, (yes I'm talking to you and Slade3200 and EvilEyeFleegle I want you both to listen to this part specifically) I will even admit there were times I didn't like Trump, but after you see the way Biden is tearing this country apart, (because you both have admitted to me that you don't really like him either) unfortunately you probably had to find out the hard way.

3. Thirdly, we should be thankful for unity. America might not be like it once was, but republicans and even some democrats have united and henceforth we have our warrior cry like the song posted in my signature.

4. Finally, the last thing that we should be thankful for is that the truth will eventually come out one way or the other.

images (17).jpg

Last edited:
And yes before anybody even brings it up, this is a political topic, because it's important to remember all of these things this time of year.

1. We should be thankful for history. For without understanding the past, we will never even begin to understand the present and where our future is headed.

2. We should be thankful for what we have instead of always thinking that the grass is greener on the other side. Trump haters, (yes I'm talking to you and Slade3200 and EvilEyeFleegle I want you both to listen to this part specifically) I will even admit there were times I didn't like Trump, but after you see the way Biden is tearing this country apart, (because you both have admitted to me that you don't really like him either) unfortunately you probably had to find out the hard way.

3. Finally, we should be thankful for unity. America might not be like it once was, but republicans and even some democrats have united and henceforth we have our warrior cry like the song posted in my signature.

View attachment 559086

In my own opinion the things we should be most thankful for are those things closest at hand, such as family, friends and a roof over our head. Our government in total, all political parties included, are more corrupt and barbaric and totalitarian than at any other time in American history. Our elected leaders have declared themselves and carry themselves as aristocracy and royalty. Nearly every move an American can make is taxed or strangulated by bureaucratic red tape. Be thankful this Thanksgiving, for sure, but not for the maniac despots who run every level of our modern American government.

• Banned
In my own opinion the things we should be most thankful for are those things closest at hand, such as family, friends and a roof over our head. Our government in total, all political parties included, are more corrupt and barbaric and totalitarian than at any other time in American history. Our elected leaders have declared themselves and carry themselves as aristocracy and royalty. Nearly every move an American can make is taxed or strangulated by bureaucratic red tape. Be thankful this Thanksgiving, for sure, but not for the maniac despots who run every level of our modern American government.

True, point taken.

Having lost everything I owned because of a drug addiction 15 years ago, I have plenty to be thankful for: A wonderful wife, a decent three bedroom, two bath, two car garage on 100 acres of wooded property, a decent car and truck, more guns and ammunition than I know what to do with, ton of projects to work on in the garage, good health, immunity to the Chinese Murder Virus, five indoor cats and three dogs, watching President Trump turn the left on their ears for four years, the fact that martians haven't invaded the earth and turned us all into slaves to work in their mines, and the relatively-low number of spiders this year. I fucking hate those creepy things.

God is good. And when I say "God", I mean the God who loved us so much, that He gave his only begotten son to die for us on the cross, so that whomever shall believe in Him shall not perish, but shall have everlasting life.

Wasn't that what Thanksgiving was meant to be all about?

Last edited:
Having lost everything I owned because of a drug addiction 15 years ago, I have plenty to be thankful for: A wonderful wife, a decent three bedroom, two bath, two car garage on 100 acres of wooded property, a decent car and truck, more guns and ammunition than I know what to do with, ton of projects to work on in the garage, good health, immunity to the Chinese Murder Virus, five indoor cats and three dogs, watching President Trump turn the left on their ears for four years, the fact that martians haven't invaded the earth and turned us all into slaves to work in their mines, and the relatively-low number of spiders this year. I fucking hate those creepy things.

God is good. And when I say "God", I mean the God who loved us so much, that He gave his only begotten son to die for us on the cross, so that whomever shall believe in Him shall not perish, but shall have everlasting life.

Rock on.

3. Thirdly, we should be thankful for unity. America might not be like it once was, but republicans and even some democrats have united and henceforth we have our warrior cry like the song posted in my signature.

4. Finally, the last thing that we should be thankful for is that the truth will eventually come out one way or the other.

View attachment 559086
***smiles***
You mistake the proximate cause of my angst. It is not Biden, nor Trump--for that matter--that is tearing our country apart..it is...us.
The thing that I think many lose sight of..is that our vision of what our country once was..is a hollow mockery to many of our citizens. A black man does not look kindly at 1950..nor do most thinking women. Someone of Spanish descent does not have the same viewpoint as someone who lived a white, post-world war II suburban childhood.

The President is a symbol--nothing more. We collectively hang our hats on our guys..and squint..in the hopes that they might actually resemble the ideal we were looking for.
They usually don't.

For all the 'hair on fire', 'chicken little sky is falling' furor---true change comes slowly, if at all. Everyone that I know, who is a deep thinker..seem to agree that the true existential crisis in our country is our factionalism and divisiveness... as we demonize our own citizens to the delight of our enemies.

As this is a Thanksgiving thread..I'm thankful for the Civil Service..who keep it all going smoothly, despite near-universal contempt and derision.
I'm thankful for the judges..who see beyond the polemic..and make the hard calls.

The old ways of American Exceptionalism are dying...it may very well take our country with them...unless we advance ourselves culturally~

***smiles***
You mistake the proximate cause of my angst. It is not Biden, nor Trump--for that matter--that is tearing our country apart..it is...us.

If that's true then why is "fuck Joe Biden" and "let's go Brandon" currently being heard around the world? For the record,.. I'm thankful that we're friends now though. :) At least I think we are lol :badgrin:

If that's true then why is "fuck Joe Biden" and "let's go Brandon" currently being heard around the world? For the record,.. I'm thankful that we're friends now though. :) At least I think we are lol :badgrin:
We hear what we want to hear...fuck Trump is heard just as often..if not more so, than fuck Biden...but folks are not interested in the opposition's rallying cries, right?

We hear what we want to hear...fuck Trump is heard just as often..if not more so, than fuck Biden...but folks are not interested in the opposition's rallying cries, right?

Yeah but I never hear anybody yelling it now.

Yeah but I never hear anybody yelling it now.

You wouldn't, now would you?
Well..to many of us, Trump is a non-issue now..someone to laugh at..about it. His followers now..are a different story.

But..well..Thanksgiving. Half of America believes it is time to thank God for family--affirm our American values..and half of us think that it is a celebration of Imperialism..and that had the Indians slaughtered every Puritan Pilgrim..it would have been far better for them~
What means 'All men are created equal'--to a Black man? To any woman?

This I do know..we may not go forward..but we will NOT go back. Don't make the mistake that many do..and see this solely as a political thing...that's a battlefield..but there are many.

Please no wokeness in this thread. I've had enough of that crap already and I won't have it for a holiday where we're supposed to be thankful for what we have instead of constant complaining.

Please no wokeness in this thread. I've had enough of that crap already and I won't have it for a holiday where we're supposed to be thankful for what we have instead of constant complaining.
LOL! You did start it kiddo~

To see the world with clear eyes is not a complaint, nor is it 'woke'.
It's just grown-up.
But I'll still take my share of turkey--get buzzed and watch football~

Wasn't that what Thanksgiving was meant to be all about?
Bravo.
Well said.

But..well..Thanksgiving. Half of America believes it is time to thank God for family--affirm our American values..and half of us think that it is a celebration of Imperialism..and that had the Indians slaughtered every Puritan Pilgrim..it would have been far better for them~
What means 'All men are created equal'--to a Black man? To any woman
You could have saved key strokes.

Half of us Think its time to Thank God for family and affirm our American values. The other half are fucking morons!

See how much shorter that is?

LOL! You did start it kiddo~

To see the world with clear eyes is not a complaint, nor is it 'woke'.
It's just grown-up.
But I'll still take my share of turkey--get buzzed and watch football~

I wasn't calling YOU woke, I was calling all the crappy snowflakes woke just for the record. There's a difference between being woke and being awake. Which one do you want to be?

You could have saved key strokes.

Half of us Think its time to Thank God for family and affirm our American values. The other half are fucking morons!

See how much shorter that is?
Yup..and I see how dishonest it is..and I thank you for providing that example of demonization that I was speaking about..well timed~
For every you..there one on the other side...who won't see it your way at all..and think you are the moron....while those such as myself..just shake our heads at the plethora of tools on both sides..who are too lazy..or too stupid...to see that they are the problem.

Forum List

Back