They're not after my guns and/or ammo

They don't have to confiscate one gun. They can allow you to have any gun you want. All they have to do is ban ammunition. And they are. Turns rifles into fire wood. Handguns into scrap. And once again, we do nothing.
True

Might take a lot of legislative process to ban a gun but it only takes a few beauracrats to ban ammo

You really should do a little research before you post silly stuff. The legislative process was used to ban those shells. The Law Enforcement Protection Act of 1985 banned those shells for use in pistols. The thinking at that time was that rifles were rarely a threat to officers, so the restrictions on certain shells only applied if they were usable in pistols that were easily concealed and were a danger because the shells were able to pierce policemen's body armor. There are now pistols that use that shell. Gun manufacturers knew the restrictions on the shells but didn't care. If you want to blame anybody, blame them. They are the ones who shit in your punch bowl.
http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fi..._primarily_intended_for_sporting_purposes.pdf

In a move clearly intended by the Obama Administration to suppress the acquisition, ownership and use of AR-15s and other .223 caliber general purpose rifles, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives unexpectedly announced today that it intends to ban commonplace M855 ball ammunition as “armor piercing ammunition.” The decision continues Obama’s use of his executive authority to impose gun control restrictions and bypass Congress.

NRA-ILA BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo
Nonsense.

M193 will still be widely available, and is the round used by most, along with scores of other cartridges with bullets not designated as AP.

Even if the rule change is implemented, which it likely will not, it will have no adverse effect whatsoever on the availability of ammunition for AR 15 rifles.

Last, the politics of this is idiocy, given the fact that neither the president nor the ATF are 'seeking' to 'take' anyone's AR or its ammunition.

BATFE has released a “Framework for Determining Whether Certain Projectiles are ‘Primarily Intended for Sporting Purposes’ Within the Meaning of 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(17)(c)”, which would eliminate M855’s exemption to the armor piercing ammunition prohibition and make future exemptions nearly impossible.

Ammo.. !!!! If you can buy it and it fits your gun what's the problem ... ? ? ? Just like bottled water or tap water you can drink both..But.. Some folks won't drink tap water... ! ! !

Ammo.. !!!! If you can buy it and it fits your gun what's the problem ... ? ? ? Just like bottled water or tap water you can drink both..But.. Some folks won't drink tap water... ! ! !

Got nothing to do with tap water. The law was written in 1985. The gun manufacturers were well aware of what producing pistols capable of using that type of shell would cause. You can blame the people who passed the law back in 1986 by a voice vote, or you can blame the gun manufactures, but those are your only options. The law has existed for a long time. I thought right wingers believed in being law abiding.

I thought the president believed in the Constitution.........
If you don't realize that there is a push to take our guns, you're crazy.

This has nothing to do with the president. The law has been in effect for 40 years, and the gun manufacturers knew what they would trigger when they began manufacturing pistols that could chamber shells that were defined as armor piercing more than 40 years ago.

It's OK... You can go ahead and buy some AP rounds... I won't tell on you... Just don't kill someone with one and I think you will be good to go out to the range and shoot all the AP rounds you want to...

Just for your Info.. ALL guns can shoot AP Rounds. Even .22 Cal... Any one who can cast a bullet can make a AP Round... Not Hard to do...

Ok... If it's gonna make you feel bad... Don't buy any AP Rounds or Black Tylons..! ! !

I'm Retired US Army... I'm 72 years Old... You're not the 1st Clown to tell me that....! ! !
Go Buy whatever bullets that fit your gun and quit-ya Bitching... Go Shoot and have FUN....

This is what`s wrong with the U.S.,,,Dumass`s hollering gun control..Shitheads like this are what is ruining the Country

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 76
Funny thing,you fools did`nt advocate anti gun until the half-breed afrikan got into office.Makes me wonder why you SO lowd now..You beginning to think we`ve had enough of yor racist shit.

Last edited:
I thought the president believed in the Constitution.........
If you don't realize that there is a push to take our guns, you're crazy.

I'll admit one of us is crazy.

Glad you owned that, now listen. Obama wants gun control. It is a president thing. Reagan was shot and still believed in our constitutional right to bear arms. The first thing that Obama did after being re-elected, the first thing, was to tell the UN that their gun treaty was a go. Past presidents turned them down for a reason. He couldn't wait to hop on board. I like my banana clip. Leave it alone. I like my semi-automatic. Leave it alone.......

Banana Clip..Just sounds Right---- Banana Magazine .. Just sounds Wrong.... Stick with the clip that way we insiders know what you are talking about...

Forum List

Back