They would never allow this today

Steel Cage match or royal rumbles either. Do they still smash each other in the back of the heads with chairs?

I know how to do quite a bit of that stuff.
Backbreaker, Piledriver, bodyslam, chest forearm.
Apparently somebody taught my friend who taught me
We used to do it in the convenience stores for the lulz.
He was bigger, and I was always the one "bodyslamming" him.
We may could have been pros, We did our schtick on tile. ;)

I know how to do quite a bit of that stuff.
Backbreaker, Piledriver, bodyslam, chest forearm.
Apparently somebody taught my friend who taught me
We used to do it in the convenience stores for the lulz.
He was bigger, and I was always the one "bodyslamming" him.
We may could have been pros, We did our schtick on tile. ;)

My brother and I used to mess around. He was much younger and a couple of times he took a slam a little too hard. I'd always let him win in the end to build his confidence.

Steel Cage match or royal rumbles either. Do they still smash each other in the back of the heads with chairs?

They try to hit them in the back with the chairs nowadays and avoid the head, reduce the risk of concussion. But the use of chairs is nothing new. The first wrestling match I even saw live in about 1966, Sammartino was defending the title against Tanaka. The ref got in the way during the match and Tanaka ended up on the arena floor, the ref was knocked cold in the middle of the ring. Bruno is concerned about the ref, trying to help him after the bump. Tanaka grabbed a folding chair, snuck around to get behind Sammartino and suddenly gets behind Bruno. Fortunately, the fans were hollering to Bruno to warn him, and just as Tanaka has the chair over his head ready to crown him. Sammartino grabs the chair from the oriental grappler and uses it on Tanaka.

Unfortunately, the ref turned around just then, and DQ'ed Bruno. Tanaka got his comeuppance in the steel cage the following month.

Forum List

Back