These trigger-happy cops make police work much more dangerous.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Every time there's another Ferguson-like incident, a Jacob Blake, George Floyd or any number of others just like them, all it does is make people fear them. Say what you want about LeBron James but he's right- blacks are terrified in America.

These are not isolated incidents and this is nothing new. The only thing new about it is they're being caught on camera. God only knows how many young men have been killed, framed (with drugs and guns) and sent to prison, tased and beaten out in the middle of nowhere in butt-fuck Alabama.

So now roughly half the citizens are armed legally and illegally and it's the wild west on the verge of a 'civil war' they keep telling us, and people are afraid on top of angry. .. I wouldn't ever want to be a cop, but especially not now. The good cops out there need to speak up and put an end to this militarization and us v them attitude. Police used to be respected - now they're hated and feared.

Every time a cop stops someone now, he's risking his life. And if I'm an innocent black man being pulled over in Picayune Mississippi and my heart is racing, wondering "Is my life in danger right now because of my skin color ?" This shouldn't be like this people. Wake the fuck up.

Ever heard of Antony Dia?

He was a police officer who was recently murdered by a belligerent drunk.

Kinda like being high on Fentanyl like George Floyd.

Yep, virtually no media coverage for Anthony, no sports figures to protest, no corporations lining to give millions to an organization that helps protect police officers, etc.

And of coarse , you don't given a damn either.

Every time there's another Ferguson-like incident, a Jacob Blake, George Floyd or any number of others just like them, all it does is make people fear them. Say what you want about LeBron James but he's right- blacks are terrified in America.

These are not isolated incidents and this is nothing new. The only thing new about it is they're being caught on camera. God only knows how many young men have been killed, framed (with drugs and guns) and sent to prison, tased and beaten out in the middle of nowhere in butt-fuck Alabama.

So now roughly half the citizens are armed legally and illegally and it's the wild west on the verge of a 'civil war' they keep telling us, and people are afraid on top of angry. .. I wouldn't ever want to be a cop, but especially not now. The good cops out there need to speak up and put an end to this militarization and us v them attitude. Police used to be respected - now they're hated and feared.

Every time a cop stops someone now, he's risking his life. And if I'm an innocent black man being pulled over in Picayune Mississippi and my heart is racing, wondering "Is my life in danger right now because of my skin color ?" This shouldn't be like this people. Wake the fuck up.

Poor mistreated blacks....23% of the total police deaths while being arrested. Wonder if the other 77% of the 1000 total deaths that happened in over 10 million arrests are as whiny.

And so do the trigger happy, violent, and knife-wielding CRIMINALS.................

And so do the trigger happy, violent, and knife-wielding CRIMINALS.................

I don't think it fair to just label them criminals. Like I said, men like George Floyd are as high as a kite and no longer in control.

I don't think it fair to just label them criminals. Like I said, men like George Floyd are as high as a kite and no longer in control.

High as a kite CAUSING criminal intent.

Oh, what happened in Ferguson???

There are bad cops, just like any other profession or job. Discrimination still occurs for a variety of reasons, most of which are listed in the 14th Amendment plus those added by the Supreme Court after that Amendment was passed. So, statistics need to be kept and an honest effort made to fire or prosecute the bad apples, we cannot leave these guys on the force to go out and do it again and again. Better training, better ideas for non-lethal means to stop somebody without shooting them, whatever. But all of that is still only part of the problem and not even the biggest part.

Which is, too many black people resist arrest and put the cops in a position to be fearful about their safety or that of other people. We can go into the various reasons why someone resists arrest, in many cases they're looking at jail time and don't want to go back in. We can look at the reasons why they got into trouble in the 1st place, but it's not realistic to think that resistance will disappear anytime soon. Defund the cops all you want, you're still going to have crime, probably more than you had before you defunded the PD. Maybe eventually you can get at the root cause for why criminals do what they do, but that ain't going to happen any time soon.

Even if we do better at eliminating the bad cops, other ones are going to make mistakes, and it is unreasonable to expect a cop to risk his life if and when he feels threatened. So, the biggest problem here is reducing or eliminating that threat to the cops. They don't go out the door thinking I think I'll shoot a black guy today. Black people, or anyone else really, has to realize that if you get arrested you've got to accept that even if you believe the arrest is wrong or unwarranted. If you go peacefully you won't get shot, it's as simple as that. Don't give them a reason to believe they are in any danger. And THAT is on you.

Forum List

Back