These are getting cheaper

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
With the Taurus G3 series and Gx series out (for a while now) it appears many retailers are getting rid of their G2 series overstocks. I've seen them as low as $180 again, sale plus rebate. That's late 2000s prices.

This is the G2C (compact) model, 9mm.

taurus-g2c-9mm-semi-auto-pistol-1500242-1.jpg

I figured for that price I might as well buy one....... Just have to wait for it to come in. :thup:

I take it you're not a fan of the highly rated G series pistols.............
I've read where they are OK but I stop at the PT 92/99 and PT1911 series when it comes to Taurus.

Too many bad experiences with their revolvers in my formative years I guess. ;)

I don't remember who said it but "anyone can make a functional semi-auto but it takes skill to make a good revolver". I can't say that even holds true anymore given the way revolvers are made now. 😐

Oh my! For some reason I thought this was about cars! Well, seems like everything called taurus is crappy! I had revolver that right out of the box it shave part of the jacket off when fired.

Oh my! For some reason I thought this was about cars! Well, seems like everything called taurus is crappy! I had revolver that right out of the box it shave part of the jacket off when fired.
I don't know how many I've seen that were out of time NIB.....Mostly a bad run of Model 85s.

It's the ones I've seen returned for KABOOMs that concern me more.

I've read where they are OK but I stop at the PT 92/99 and PT1911 series when it comes to Taurus.

Too many bad experiences with their revolvers in my formative years I guess. ;)

I don't remember who said it but "anyone can make a functional semi-auto but it takes skill to make a good revolver". I can't say that even holds true anymore given the way revolvers are made now. 😐
The G series came out after new management took over. The G2s & G3s are considered some of the best budget guns on the market, they consistantly rate in the top five.

There was a time I wouldn't have even considered looking at a Taurus let alone buy one. Not with the G2s and G3s, They are very excellent budget guns, things change..........

I guess.

Customer looking at a old beat-up S&W revolver and says "It's out of time".

Counter guy......"It's better than a Taurus". ;)
Like I said, old bias. Granted I doubt I would buy a Taurus revolver, but I haven't checked on the newer ones. Matter of fact when I was looking at the top budget guns I wasn't even looking at Taurus but it kept popping up everywhere. Even the reviewers (professional and otherwise) would say: "yeah I know, a Taurus, right?"

Like I said, old bias. Granted I doubt I would buy a Taurus revolver, but I haven't checked on the newer ones. Matter of fact when I was looking at the top budget guns I wasn't even looking at Taurus but it kept popping up everywhere. Even the reviewers (professional and otherwise) would say: "yeah I know, a Taurus, right?"
I don't know how many of the G-series pistols I've seen people bring into the local pawn shop. They blow them out at the local Rural King all the time for under $200.00. Last Christmas season they sold over 400 of them.

The "poors" go in and buy them and when they need gas money they bring them in to pawn/sell. Same with the SCCY pistols.....They seem to like the purple ones.

Of course the shop owner also knows that and the shop rule is no more that $50.00.....Loan or buy on either. He sells them for $150.00. He keeps offering tem to me for $100.00 for a quick turnaround but I always say no. My goodness if I bought all I've been offered I'd have a pile of them.

Picked it up yesterday and yes the trigger is not the greatest and I have to hold it a little low on the grip to get a proper sight picture but other than that I love my new "little friend"........ It's a tad longer than my P64, about a quarter in taller and roughly 3/16ths of an inch wider. I look forward to getting it out on the range.
Oh and I found out this is basically the rebranded PT111 Millennium which received very good reviews when it came out considering it's a Taurus.
Here it is face to face with my Polish P64.

P64 vs G2C.jpg

Picked it up yesterday and yes the trigger is not the greatest and I have to hold it a little low on the grip to get a proper sight picture but other than that I love my new "little friend"........ It's a tad longer than my P64, about a quarter in taller and roughly 3/16ths of an inch wider. I look forward to getting it out on the range.
Oh and I found out this is basically the rebranded PT111 Millennium which received very good reviews when it came out considering it's a Taurus.
Here it is face to face with my Polish P64.

View attachment 610662
I bought both a P-64 and a P-83 from the same friend a few years back. He did the trigger upgrade to the P64.

The P-83 is interesting as it's made from stamped parts.....Sorta homely though. ;)

dscn2389-2-jpg.816266

I bought both a P-64 and a P-83 from the same friend a few years back. He did the trigger upgrade to the P64.

The P-83 is interesting as it's made from stamped parts.....Sorta homely though. ;)

dscn2389-2-jpg.816266
I did the Wolff Springs upgrade on mine years ago, no more #28 DA pull..........

Forum List

Back