There Is No War On Christmas , and there isn't a war on Thanksgiving.

Ever hear of "To the victors go the spoils" That has been the story since time immemorial. Khan, Ottomans, Greeks, Romans, African tribes, American tribes (do you think the Navajo gave back Hopi, Zuni or any other conquered people), The Spaniards, Inca, Mayans, Aztec, Sioux? The US has made life better for EVERY group that they have ever conquered. Native Americans receive benefits to this day, black people (slave relations or not) have been the recipients of special favors for over 50 years. I know you're woke, so you'll be apologizing for something that you had no hand in until you're in your grave. Thanksgiving is a day set aside to offer thanks to whatever supreme being you choose for the wonderful life we lead, not a time to point fingers for injustices, real or imagined.

Please point out where I was apologizing. I said it was the way things worked back then. And it was. No guilt here. Just a statement of facts.

Way to ride that fence. SMH.

I am not riding the fence at all. Someone has claimed that writing magazine articles about the abuse and exploitation of the Native Americans is a war on Thanksgiving. I disagree. Yeah, it may be an attempt to stir shit, but that is all.

The things that happened, happened. While educating ourselves about it is good, it does not change the holiday we celebrate.

winterborn said:
It is not just celebrated at the same time. It was wholesale appropriation. The census, which had Joseph and Mary traveling to Bethlehem, was held in September.

There are 12 religious holidays (Holy Days) in December. Why should only one be spoken of?

don't you have something more important to think about than to try to disparage a major religion? Do you have a problem with how the L. Ron Hubbard of the 7th century AD, that be MOhammad plagiarized other religions to come up with his own?

Did you ever address how leftist celebrations always coincide with commie celebrations, persons and/or activities? Hmmm?

Last edited:
don't you have something more important to think about than to try to disparage a major religion? Do you have a problem with how the L. Ron Hubbard of the 7th century AD, that be MOhammad plagiarized other religions to come up with his own?

Did you ever address how leftist celebrations always coincide with commie celebrations, persons and/or activities? Hmmm?

I have no disparaged any religion. I did point out the hypocrisy of you accusing others of cultural appropriation, and explained why. I have no issue with Holiday Trees, Yule Tidings ect.

Christianity is not a victim.

No, I did not address anything about celebrations coinciding with other celebrations. Because I don't care how many celebrations happen. I am not demanding that my favorite holiday is the only one used when speaking to others.

what. in hell. YOU are all over the place. Consider this. John 8:44

For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.

what. in hell. YOU are all over the place. Consider this. John 8:44

For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.

No, I am not all over the place. I am firmly in the place of acknowledging that there are a dozen, or more, holidays from numerous religions that are celebrated in December. Just because someone says "Happy Holidays" is not attacking Xmas or Christians.

The thing that really amazes me is the number of people wildly upset at someone saying "Happy Holidays".

It means that someone to a moment out of their day to wish you a happy season, regardless of how you celebrate. And you have the gall to be upset because they did not mention YOUR specific holiday by name?

I guess you missed that whole "Love thy neighbor" part, huh?

covering your butt now are ya?? bull woman. YOU started off equivocating Christmas season/HOLY DAY with religions of false gods. Do you think i've forgotten that post? LOL

covering your butt now are ya?? bull woman. YOU started off equivocating Christmas season/HOLY DAY with religions of false gods. Do you think i've forgotten that post? LOL

LMAO!! Woman? Dude, that is my picture beside every post.

First of all, I was not equivocating anything. I was stating the actual facts about the pagan traditions and symbols that were co-opted by Christians for their celebration. And the only reason I did that was because of your snide comments about cultural appropriation.

Second of all, the fact that you are a believer in your faith does not mean other religions are treated as "false Gods". They are just as sure that their religion is right. And deserve as much respect as you do for it. I am an Agnostic/Atheist. All of the religions are worshipping false Gods as far as I am concerned. But I do afford them all the respect.

And just a reminder, Xmas is mostly a commercial holiday. It has been sold by the very people who are so upset at hearing "Happy Holidays".

God forbid we offend any godless. Better to offend God, correct? lefties?

Is it because it offends the Godless? Or because it offends those who worship the wrong God?

There is hardly a Christmas in memory upon which there wasn’t a war waged—or, at least, so it seems if one is tuned into American right-wing media. According to Bill O’Reilly in 2004, as a part of a plot to banish religion from the public sphere and bring forth a ‘brave new progressive world’, liberals were banning religious floats from parades and calling Christmas trees ‘holiday’ trees instead. Similar (but fewer) complaints have been made in the U.K.—say, about the use of the phrase “Winterval” instead of Christmas. But fear not, dear reader. The great and powerful Trump has singlehandedly won the war on Christmas by making it acceptable to say ‘Merry Christmas’ again—a phrase which, according to Trump, was never uttered publicly during the Obama years.

In reality, however, the so called ‘War on Christmas’ doesn’t exist. It never has.

Trump, at Florida rally, suggests he's fighting a new 'War on Thanksgiving'​

He gave no specifics on who he claims wants to change the holiday's name.
ByLibby Cathey
November 27, 2019, 11:21 AM
--------------------------------------------
You may of heard ludicrous ideas on fox news.
Ridiculous! How can they feel persecuted then?

How does that offend a god?

Americans are NOT gonna give up Thanksgiving oR Christmas. JUst KNOW that the public schools are poisoning your kids minds on American traditions and history. Jesse waters did a 'man on the street' interview this past week. It was ...well....it would be laughable if it weren't so tragic. They had no idea of the origins of why/when/for what purpose we celebrate thanksgiving. Who the pilgrims were,where it occurred, where they escaped from. VERY few people could provide any accurate information. Those people were the exception, not the rule.
Who is saying that Americans are going to give up on our two most gluttonous holidays?

How is that disparaging a major religion?

I find it hilarious that you mock someone worrying about offending minorities, while you are offended by the fact that someone wishing you a happy holiday used the wrong word.

If you want to say Happy HOLYDAY go for it. You do it to avoid the word that contains Christ's name with the intent of showing christians just how little you think of them. Well. We don't care that you think so little of christians. It is to our beneft.

If you want to say Happy HOLYDAY go for it. You do it to avoid the word that contains Christ's name with the intent of showing christians just how little you think of them. Well. We don't care that you think so little of christians. It is to our beneft.

Absolute bullshit.

Saying "Happy Holidays" is not showing Christians how little you think of them. After all, Christmas is one of the holidays in December.

Saying "Happy Holidays" is about including all the December holidays and all the other religious beliefs. It is not belittling any of them. It is including all of them.

Forum List

Back