There Is No War On Christmas , and there isn't a war on Thanksgiving.

Mainly it would apply when you do not know the religion of the person you are wishing a happy holiday.

But my wishing you a Happy Holidays means that I hope you have a joyous holiday, whichever one you celebrate.
If you're in America in December the holiday is Christmas. If someone of another religion is offended by that then maybe they're wound a bit too tight.

If you're in America in December the holiday is Christmas. If someone of another religion is offended by that then maybe they're wound a bit too tight.

LOL! Wound too tight? I wish you a joyous season, and you are upset because I did not name your specific religion. I'd call that wound too tight.

If being wished a "Happy Holiday" gets you upset, you might want to get help. And as for this being America, we are a nation of many cultures and faiths. If you can't accept that, you have issues I can't even begin to discuss.

LOL! Wound too tight? I wish you a joyous season, and you are upset because I did not name your specific religion. I'd call that wound too tight.

If being wished a "Happy Holiday" gets you upset, you might want to get help. And as for this being America, we are a nation of many cultures and faiths. If you can't accept that, you have issues I can't even begin to discuss.
OK, in America we are free to say what we want. I think we can agree on that. I never said I was offended at the phrase 'Happy Holidays' but, you seem to think saying "Merry Christmas" is somehow offensive or is somehow being impolite to different cultural and ethnic groups. My question is, why do you think that way?

Last edited:
Almost forgot: Feliz Navidad!! This is a representation of one (as some would call it) 'culture' living here in the U.S. We all know that Feliz Navidad is translated into American English as 'Merry Christmas.'

OK, in America we are free to say what we want. I think we can agree on that. I never said I was offended at the phrase 'Happy Holidays' but, you seem to think saying "Merry Christmas" is somehow offensive or is somehow being impolite to different cultural and ethnic groups. My question is, why do you think that way?

No, I think requiring people to only say Merry Xmas is impolite. I think the claims that "Happy Holidays" is somehow unAmerican is impolite.

The government prevented my family from having Thanksgiving...

And since Biden has been in office...no one has celebrated Christmas since...

There is hardly a Christmas in memory upon which there wasn’t a war waged—or, at least, so it seems if one is tuned into American right-wing media. According to Bill O’Reilly in 2004, as a part of a plot to banish religion from the public sphere and bring forth a ‘brave new progressive world’, liberals were banning religious floats from parades and calling Christmas trees ‘holiday’ trees instead. Similar (but fewer) complaints have been made in the U.K.—say, about the use of the phrase “Winterval” instead of Christmas. But fear not, dear reader. The great and powerful Trump has singlehandedly won the war on Christmas by making it acceptable to say ‘Merry Christmas’ again—a phrase which, according to Trump, was never uttered publicly during the Obama years.

In reality, however, the so called ‘War on Christmas’ doesn’t exist. It never has.

Trump, at Florida rally, suggests he's fighting a new 'War on Thanksgiving'​

He gave no specifics on who he claims wants to change the holiday's name.
ByLibby Cathey
November 27, 2019, 11:21 AM
--------------------------------------------
You may of heard ludicrous ideas on fox news.
Bullshit.

There is hardly a Christmas in memory upon which there wasn’t a war waged—or, at least, so it seems if one is tuned into American right-wing media. According to Bill O’Reilly in 2004, as a part of a plot to banish religion from the public sphere and bring forth a ‘brave new progressive world’, liberals were banning religious floats from parades and calling Christmas trees ‘holiday’ trees instead. Similar (but fewer) complaints have been made in the U.K.—say, about the use of the phrase “Winterval” instead of Christmas. But fear not, dear reader. The great and powerful Trump has singlehandedly won the war on Christmas by making it acceptable to say ‘Merry Christmas’ again—a phrase which, according to Trump, was never uttered publicly during the Obama years.

In reality, however, the so called ‘War on Christmas’ doesn’t exist. It never has.

Trump, at Florida rally, suggests he's fighting a new 'War on Thanksgiving'​

He gave no specifics on who he claims wants to change the holiday's name.
ByLibby Cathey
November 27, 2019, 11:21 AM
--------------------------------------------
You may of heard ludicrous ideas on fox news.
Bullshit

The government prevented my family from having Thanksgiving...

And since Biden has been in office...no one has celebrated Christmas since...
The government prevented you from having Thanksgiving? How? Did you and you homies get arrested for robbing people that day or something?

No, I think requiring people to only say Merry Xmas is impolite. I think the claims that "Happy Holidays" is somehow unAmerican is impolite.
I have no issue with "happy holidays", but if you are intentionally not saying "merry Christmas", youre a loser douche.

The government prevented you from having Thanksgiving? How? Did you and you homies get arrested for robbing people that day or something?
Obviously if the left cancelled Thanksgiving, that would take a government action...

The same way Biden signed an executive order to outlaw Christmas...

This year will be the first time in 4 years that the White House removed all Christmas decorations....

I mean if there is a war on Christmas, this is how it starts

Obviously if the left cancelled Thanksgiving, that would take a government action...

The same way Biden signed an executive order to outlaw Christmas...

This year will be the first time in 4 years that the White House removed all Christmas decorations....

I mean if there is a war on Christmas, this is how it starts
The left cancelled Thanksgiving? I hadnt heard anything about that. Got a link?

Should we all just say Happy Holiday on the 4th of July? How about Happy Holiday on Memorial Day? Or Happy Holiday on Easter. How about Happy Holiday for Labor Day? You can shove your Happy Holiday where the sun don't shine.

I have no issue with "happy holidays", but if you are intentionally not saying "merry Christmas", youre a loser douche.

As I said, the only time I would say "Happy Holidays" is if I am unsure of the religious beliefs of the person.

Should we all just say Happy Holiday on the 4th of July? How about Happy Holiday on Memorial Day? Or Happy Holiday on Easter. How about Happy Holiday for Labor Day? You can shove your Happy Holiday where the sun don't shine.

Eh, seems fine to me. Getting that bent out of shape over how you wish someone well seems ridiculous.

Eh, seems fine to me. Getting that bent out of shape over how you wish someone well seems ridiculous.
Well. It diminishes the referenced "holiday" by not mentioning the holiday by name. And it's not just common leftists attempting to belittle Christmas by omitting the word itself - its the media and the government. They are purposely and subtlety attempting to erase Christmas by not using the word in advertising or fed/state documents.

Well. It diminishes the referenced "holiday" by not mentioning the holiday by name. And it's not just common leftists attempting to belittle Christmas by omitting the word itself - its the media and the government. They are purposely and subtlety attempting to erase Christmas by not using the word in advertising or fed/state documents.

The other holidays you mentioned are not in the midst of numerous other holidays. I don't know of any other holidays that fall on or around Memorial Day, Labor Day or the 4th of July. December has at least a dozen other religious holidays.

You say that not mentioning the other holiday by name diminishes it? So what does mentioning a single holiday and ignoring all the other holidays do?

The other holidays you mentioned are not in the midst of numerous other holidays. I don't know of any other holidays that fall on or around Memorial Day, Labor Day or the 4th of July. December has at least a dozen other religious holidays.

You say that not mentioning the other holiday by name diminishes it? So what does mentioning a single holiday and ignoring all the other holidays do?
What?

Forum List

Back