There Is No Separation Of Church And State

11. As for the famous “separation of church and state,” the phrase appears in no federal document. In fact, at the time of ratification of the Constitution, ten of the thirteen colonies had some provision recognizing Christianity as either the official, or the recommended religion in their state constitutions.

From the 1790 Massachusetts Constitution, written by John Adams, includes: [the] good order and preservation of civil gohuvernment essentially depend(s) upon piety, religion, and morality…by the institution of public worship of God and of the public instruction in piety, religion, and morality…”Constitution of Massachusetts - Wikipedia

North Carolina Constitution, article 32, 1776: “That no person who shall deny the being of God, or the truth of the Protestant religion, or the divine authority of either the Old or New Testaments, or who shall hold religious principles incompatible with the freedom and safety of the State, shall b e capable of holding any office, or place of trust or profit, in the civil department, within this State.”
Constitution of North Carolina, 1776

So, the Founders intention was to be sure that the federal government didn’t do the same, and mandate a national religion. And when Jefferson wrote to the Danbury Baptists in 1802, it was to reassure them the federal government could not interfere in their religious observations, i.e., there is “a wall of separation between church and state.”

He wasn’t speaking of religion contaminating the government, but of the government contaminating religious observance.

The Russian Revolution was an extension of the French one, and ultimately cost over 100 million human lives.
Even in the 19th century, as religious conviction waned, the warnings were there. Ivan Karamazov, in “The Brothers Karamazov,” exclaimed ‘if God does not exist, then everything is permitted.’

Mass murder included.

"We must rid ourselves once and for all of the Quaker-Papist babble about the sanctity of human life." Leon Trotsky

This is why the major political party, the Democrat, can endorse infanticide and racism, and still be considered a choice for governing: because the views of our Founders are ignored.

yawn

boring

tired

And really, really.....

......stoooooopid.

Even if your assertion that there is no separation of church and state were correct, which it is not, and you choose to leave out other religions besides Christianity, which church? There are so many.

Even if your assertion that there is no separation of church and state were correct, which it is not, and you choose to leave out other religions besides Christianity, which church? There are so many.

"Even if your assertion that there is no separation of church and state were correct, which it is not,..."

My assertion is that there is no such pronouncement in America's founding documents.

Of course I'm correct....as you proved by quoting naught.

"...you choose to leave out other religions besides Christianity, which church?"

Can you please post that in English???

My contention is that the religion of the founders was the Judeo-Christian faith.

And....of course I'm correct....again.

You're not ready to deny that Christ is referenced in the Constitution...are you?

"Even if your assertion that there is no separation of church and state were correct, which it is not,..."

My assertion is that there is no such pronouncement in America's founding documents.

"...you choose to leave out other religions besides Christianity, which church?"

My contention is that the religion of the founders was the Judeo-Christian faith.

You're not ready to deny that Christ is referenced in the Constitution...are you?

Ya know....just being deranged doesn't automatically prove your opinion is correct.

And....I have no doubt what YOU mean when you make these fascist/theocratic comments;

you want LAWS against all of your enemies!
you want to PUNISH THEM!
make them BOW to YOUR GOD!

you are one sick and deplorable POS

BTW......I don't read all of your posts....have you EVER admitted that you want a christian theocracy and laws against gays, atheists, liberals, democrats, muslims?

ever?

Ya know....just being deranged doesn't automatically prove your opinion is correct.

And....I have no doubt what YOU mean when you make these fascist/theocratic comments;

you want to PUNISH THEM!
make them BOW to YOUR GOD!

you are one sick and deplorable POS

BTW......I don't read all of your posts....have you EVER admitted that you want a christian theocracy and laws against gays, atheists, liberals, democrats, muslims?

ever?

"....I have no doubt what YOU mean when you make these fascist/theocratic comments;

you want to PUNISH THEM!
make them BOW to YOUR GOD!"

Did they train you in government school that you can simply make up anything about an opponent...and not have to support same?

This is what makes you so easy to defeat:

Link or lie.

You insist on not answering my question: which denomination? Back in colonial times, the different sects of Christians squabbled with each other constantly, with occasional violence. This apparently continues in the present day.

There really is no such thing as "the Judeo-Christian faith." They are two different faiths.

Christ is not referenced in the U.S. Constitution.

What is this thing about "government schools"? Is this something from your cult?

You insist on not answering my question: which denomination? Back in colonial times, the different sects of Christians squabbled with each other constantly, with occasional violence. This apparently continues in the present day.

There really is no such thing as "the Judeo-Christian faith." They are two different faiths.

What is this thing about "government schools"? Is this something from your cult?

"You insist on not answering my question: which denomination? Back in colonial times, the different sects of Christians squabbled with each other constantly, with occasional violence. This apparently continues in the present day."

I insist on no such thing.

What I did was comment on your inability to use the English language in a competent manner.

Now, focus like a laser.....
a. what part of my post are you contesting?
and
b. can you state your query in a cogent manner?

Take your time.

"My contention is that the religion of the founders was the Judeo-Christian faith.
There really is no such thing as "the Judeo-Christian faith." They are two different faiths."

The only question is whether you are a liar or a fool.

The Founders claimed to be Christian, yet they saw themselves as 'modern' Hebrews.

Let's prove that....

"...the influence of the Exodus story on the ethos of the American Revolution. So powerful was this influence in 1776 that Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and John Adams suggested that the Great Seal of the United States should include an image of Moses leading the Israelites through the Red Sea. A different committee subsequently chose another image--a pyramid! You can find it on the one-dollar bill.

John Adams' 1776 description of the seal: "Pharaoh sitting in an open chariot, a crown on his head and a sword in his hand passing through the Red Sea in pursuit of the Israelites: rays from a pillar of fire in the cloud, expression of the divine presence... Moses stands on the shore and extending his hand over the sea, causes it to overwhelm Pharaoh. Motto: Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God." An image of this seal was not produced until 1856 when in appeared in Harper’s New Monthly Magazine in an article by Benson J. Lossing (1813–1891).

View Adams'Original Description

View the page from Lossing's article containing this image

A Tale of Two Images:

The Great Seal of the United States of America

spacer.gif

greatseal2compressed.jpg

The Great Seal of the United States

You, as dumb as asphalt, didn't know that the Liberty Bell has an inscription from the Old Testament.

Bet you wish you had gotten an education, huh?

Last edited:

"You're not ready to deny that Christ is referenced in the Constitution...are you?
Christ is not referenced in the U.S. Constitution."

Proving you to be a lying dunce is far too simple.

Here is what is found in article seven:
“Attest William Jackson Secretary ..done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names,…”
The Constitution of the United States: A Transcription

“Their work was done “in the Year of our Lord.” The Christian world dates all of human history in terms of the birth of Christ. “B.C.” means “before Christ,” and “A.D.” is the abbreviation for the Latin words “anno Domini,” meaning “year of our Lord.”
If the Framers were interested in being pluralistic, multi-cultural, and politically correct, they would have refrained from using the B.C./A.D. designation. Or they would have used the religionless designations “C.E.,” Common Era, and “B.C.E.,” Before the Common Era (see “Common Era,” 2008).

Or they could have used “A.H.” (anno hegirae—which means “in the year of the Hijrah” and refers to Muhammad’s flight from Mecca in A.D. 622), the date used by Muslims as the commencement date for the Islamic calendar.

Instead, the Framers chose to utilize the dating method that indicated the worldview they shared. What’s more, their reference to “our Lord” does not refer to a generic deity, nor does it refer even to God the Father. It refers to God the Son—an explicit reference to Jesus Christ. Make no mistake: the Constitution of the United States contains an explicit reference to Jesus Christ—not Allah, Buddha, Muhammad, nor the gods of Hindus or Native Americans!
Christianity is in the Constitution

Since your secularist mentors have lied about this…imagine how many other lies they’ve taught you.

"What is this thing about "government schools"? Is this something from your cult?"

The 'thing' is that government schools don't educate, they indoctrinate....

....so, you're a government school grad????

patc-300x215.jpg

My cult?
You mean American patriots?

Do you still refer to yourself as a 'bolshevik'???

"What is this thing about "government schools"? Is this something from your cult?"

patc-300x215.jpg

My cult?

You are so stupid that you do not even know the difference between the Jewish faith and the Christian faith, and the differences between the various denominations within the Christian faith.

Your assertion that only you and your cronies are "American patriots" is laughable, as are your crackpot theories. If you actually went to school, it apparently was an indoctrination center. You are delusional.

patc-300x215.jpg

My cult?

You are so stupid that you do not even know the difference between the Jewish faith and the Christian faith, and the differences between the various denominations within the Christian faith.

Your assertion that only you and your cronies are "American patriots" is laughable, as are your crackpot theories. If you actually went to school, it apparently was an indoctrination center. You are delusional.

You have a lot of learning to do.

I believe readers will note that you have been thoroughly spanked and put in your place.

The words "an establishment of religion" is intended to mean, specifically and only, a church or religious organization which is established, supported and preferred by the government, like the Church of England establishments which existed in some States at the time.

patc-300x215.jpg

My cult?

You have a lot of learning to do.

I believe readers will note that you have been thoroughly spanked and put in your place.

I believe readers will note that you have been thoroughly spanked and put in your place
By the likes of you? Hardly.

Enjoy your spanking fetish, but please leave me out of it. If I am to be spanked, I demand the right to choose my spanker. You're not on my list of favorites. Sorry.

The words "an establishment of religion" is intended to mean, specifically and only, a church or religious organization which is established, supported and preferred by the government, like the Church of England establishments which existed in some States at the time.

Several colonies were established around religions that were not affiliated with the Church of England, and actually opposed it. Three directly come to mind: Massachusetts Bay colony (Puritan), Pennsylvania (Society of Friends: Quaker), Maryland (Roman Catholic). Some of the colonies were founded by settlers from other countries besides England.

…contrary to what you learned in government school, it is a fabrication designed to advance the Marxist view of religion. Such is what our schools have become.

1.Remember the aphorism “Fool me once, shame on you…fool me twice, shame on me.”
Clearly, an earlier generation knew not to trust liars after they are caught once. The huge number who still vote Democrat indicates that that understanding is no longer the case…..they keep playing Charlie Brown missing Lucy’s football.

2. The Democrats/Secularists behave as though America was founded on keeping religion out of government, out of the public arena and out of civil discourse.
The very opposite is true.
And, by ‘religion,’ I mean the guidance of the Judeo-Christian faith, that of our Founders.

If no errors can be found in this thread, then consider it proven that the Left/Democrats/Progressives have lied about said separation, and those who still vote for this iniquitous bunch simply what Aquinas called 'ignorantia affectata - a cultivated ignorance'.

3. “The Department of Justice is “ready to fight for the most cherished of all our American liberties: the freedom to live according to our faith.” - Attorney General William Barr
These words send the Left into a fit!
"… one can only assume that if our founding fathers were here today, the mainstream media and far-left activists would strongly condemn their words as well, which raises the question: Do they rightly understand the First Amendment and the oft-cited “separation of church and state?” (Incidentally, these words appear nowhere in our Constitution or founding documents.)

4. The First Amendment was never intended to stamp out religious expression…it was designed to protect it. Statements by political leaders that acknowledge God, or champion religious freedom, do not constitute an “establishment” of a national religion, nor did similar statements from our founding fathers. The ongoing attempt to distort the First Amendment and use it as a sword against people of faith is abhorrent and must be condemned.

5. …this campaign against Christianity that has been waged on our nation. The Ten Commandments once graced the halls of many public buildings; now they are targeted for removal. Public prayer was once expected and appreciated; now it is mocked and frequently banned from public events, with perhaps a few exceptions for hollow words offered up to a nameless “higher power” of our own creation. The Bible was once taught in public schools and esteemed in the public square; now our societal devotion to Scripture has been replaced by the gods of sexuality, self-fulfillment, and salvation through socialism.” Do Religion and Morality Still Belong in Our Society?

What is the basis of this sea change in America?

The explanation is the injection of neo-Marxism into the society by Joseph Stalin’s pal, our 32nd President.
Of course there is

Our founders wanted it that way and the courts have affirmed it

Only conservative nut jobs feel differently

Total bullshit....as usual.

Several states had state supported religions built into their constitutions...something the eventually wrote out....some lasting until the 1820's. These were never challenged because they couldn't be. The Bill of Rights forbade the federal government from doing anything...nothing was ever said about states. It was NEVER challenged.

It was not util the FDR fucked up court adopted (by themselves) the doctrine of selective incorporation that the courts decided the Bill of rights should be applied to the states (that was never intended).

As usual you show you know nothing about which you right.

Clarence Thomas in a recent decision indicated that he would uphold a challenge to this aberation to our rights.

Several colonies were established around religions that were not affiliated with the Church of England, and actually opposed it. Three directly come to mind: Massachusetts Bay colony (Puritan), Pennsylvania (Society of Friends: Quaker), Maryland (Roman Catholic). Some of the colonies were founded by settlers from other countries besides England.

Yep.

…contrary to what you learned in government school, it is a fabrication designed to advance the Marxist view of religion. Such is what our schools have become.

1.Remember the aphorism “Fool me once, shame on you…fool me twice, shame on me.”
Clearly, an earlier generation knew not to trust liars after they are caught once. The huge number who still vote Democrat indicates that that understanding is no longer the case…..they keep playing Charlie Brown missing Lucy’s football.

2. The Democrats/Secularists behave as though America was founded on keeping religion out of government, out of the public arena and out of civil discourse.
And, by ‘religion,’ I mean the guidance of the Judeo-Christian faith, that of our Founders.

If no errors can be found in this thread, then consider it proven that the Left/Democrats/Progressives have lied about said separation, and those who still vote for this iniquitous bunch simply what Aquinas called 'ignorantia affectata - a cultivated ignorance'.

3. “The Department of Justice is “ready to fight for the most cherished of all our American liberties: the freedom to live according to our faith.” - Attorney General William Barr
… one can only assume that if our founding fathers were here today, the mainstream media and far-left activists would strongly condemn their words as well, which raises the question: Do they rightly understand the First Amendment and the oft-cited “separation of church and state?” (Incidentally, these words appear nowhere in our constitution or founding documents.)

4. The First Amendment was never intended to stamp out religious expression…it was designed to protect it. Statements by political leaders that acknowledge God, or champion religious freedom, do not constitute an “establishment” of a national religion, nor did similar statements from our founding fathers. The ongoing attempt to distort the First Amendment and use it as a sword against people of faith is abhorrent and must be condemned.

5. …this campaign against Christianity that has been waged on our nation. The Ten Commandments once graced the halls of many public buildings; now they are targeted for removal. Public prayer was once expected and appreciated; now it is mocked and frequently banned from public events, with perhaps a few exceptions for hollow words offered up to a nameless “higher power” of our own creation. The Bible was once taught in public schools and esteemed in the public square; now our societal devotion to Scripture has been replaced by the gods of sexuality, self-fulfillment, and salvation through socialism.” Do Religion and Morality Still Belong in Our Society?

The explanation is the injection of neo-Marxism into the society by Joseph Stalin’s pal, our 32nd President.

MOST of the 10 commandments are UNconstitutional.

and we DO have separation of church and state.

our government is secular
our laws are MOSTLY based on logic and reason, NOT any church or religion.

non-religious people have the same rights and privileges as any religious person.

Now.....you say "no separation of church and state"

I notice you didn't tell the WHOLE truth...

you managed (you are good at misleading and deceiving) to say "no separation of church and state" when what you REALLY mean is "our country IS a CHRISTIAN NATION and ONLY CHRISTIANS have rights."

Because you certainly DO BELIEVE that the ISLAMIC church is "separate from the state". Just like you believe NO church has any part of our country or government other than YOUR church.

And of course, in tune with your desire to establish a christian theocracy here you will obviously implement laws against ......well.....everybody on your list of enemies!.

"we are a christian nation! only christians can run for public office!
only christians can teach in schools, only christians can serve in the military, only christians can vote"

gays will be outlawed
atheism will be banned
feminists, liberals, democrats will be given a short period to "convert" but after that will begin the systematic process of eliminating freedom, free speech and ultimately making the USA a carbon copy russia.

Every time you post "there is no separation of church and state" you are declaring;

"I MUST WIN and MY ENEMIES MUST LOSE! I can NOT live a country where we all have the same rights!"

Most the 10 commandments unconstitutional?

Lol

Name them

As was pointed out by one of our presidents.

The people in a colony could be pretty hard on someone who wasn't in line with the state supported faith.

As one president said, they (the colonists) didn't want freedom to practice religion...they wanted freedom to practice their religion.

"… one can only assume that if our founding fathers were here today, the mainstream media and far-left activists would strongly condemn their words as well, which raises the question: Do they rightly understand the First Amendment and the oft-cited “separation of church and state?” (Incidentally, these words appear nowhere in our Constitution or founding documents.)

Fortunately, younger generations are rejecting religion altogether, but thanks for the post.

Forum List

Back