There has been no "global warming" for eight years

Normal TEMPERATURE "ups & downs" do not constitute any Emergency on my part. yawning deeply.
Ice ages came and went before man had tools.

Old saying: If you don’t like the weather, wait a minute always seems to hold true when discussing weather in the Midwest It will change.

Last edited:
Normal TEMPERATURE "ups & downs" do not constitute any Emergency on my part. yawning deeply.
Ice ages came and went before man had tools.

Old saying: If you don’t like the weather, wait a minute always seems to hold true when discussing weather in the Midwest It will change.
This isn't a normal "up and down"

GlobalAverage2022-1024x577.png

This isn't a normal "up and down"

GlobalAverage2022-1024x577.png

Sure it is, normal ups and downs. As good as they can record and keep those records.
~1930 is at ZERO.....up 1.2C by 2020? I am certain if the graph were stretched out back to 1500BC you would find many ~1C changes over time up or down.
Relax....Pebble Beach still has 18 holes on land. Key West is still open as far as I know? Have a brew....let it be. let it be.

1676322343220.png
1676322370532.png

plenty more charts on google.

Sure it is, normal ups and downs. As good as they can record and keep those records.
~1930 is at ZERO.....up 1.2C by 2020? I am certain if the graph were stretched out back to 1500BC you would find many ~1C changes over time up or down.
Relax....Pebble Beach still has 18 holes on land. Key West is still open as far as I know? Have a brew....let it be. let it be.

View attachment 756594View attachment 756595

plenty more charts on google.
Two points: the graph covers the span it does because of the invention of the steam engine and the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. The second point is that the rate at which warming is taking place currently is many times faster than the changes shown on either of your graphs. And with less time species are less able to adapt and ameliorative processes (buffering, sequestration, etc) have less time to slow things down. Our current conditions are NOT normal and DO represent a threat to humanity.

Two points: the graph covers the span it does because of the invention of the steam engine and the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. The second point is that the rate at which warming is taking place currently is many times faster than the changes shown on either of your graphs. And with less time species are less able to adapt and ameliorative processes (buffering, sequestration, etc) have less time to slow things down. Our current conditions are NOT normal and DO represent a threat to humanity.

The second chart I inserted above has a RAPID 10degC INCREASE in TEMP at ~150,000 years. Then it went down. Endofchart shows another up (not even as high) coming down again.

There are millions of charts out there. If I was worried about it I would find one to put me at ease. But I don't buy it. Temp goes up....Temp goes down.
More to do with the wobble in the Earths orbit or Solar flares or Core temp than anyone driving a Prius on the surface.
Thank your lucky stars, it was 2C hotter way way back.

1676323187157.png

Last edited:
The second chart I inserted above has a RAPID 10degC INCREASE in TEMP at ~150,000 years. Then it went down. Endofchart shows another up (not even as high) coming down again.

There are millions of charts out there. If I was worried about it I would find one to put me at ease. But I don't buy it. Temp goes up....Temp goes down.
More to do with the wobble in the Earths orbit or Solar flares or Core temp than anyone driving a Prius on the surface.
Thank your lucky stars, it was 2C hotter way way back.

View attachment 756598
Get a good quality copy of these ice core charts and find the fastest rising temperatures you can. Then carefully measure how many degrees it went up over how many years. Then do the same thing for the current warming trend. You will find that the current rate is roughly ten times the fastest earlier rate you will find anywhere in the 800,000 years those ice cores cover.

Standard practice for reading analog devices is to estimate one order of magnitude (a tenth) within the finest markings. If you can see a finite distance between the finest markings, you can estimate between them.
And there’s a dataset of these tenth of a degree readings from 1890?

Get a good quality copy of these ice core charts and find the fastest rising temperatures you can. Then carefully measure how many degrees it went up over how many years. Then do the same thing for the current warming trend. You will find that the current rate is roughly ten times the fastest earlier rate you will find anywhere in the 800,000 years those ice cores cover.
Or even better, get a listing of the data and throw it into a spreadsheet.

D-O events say otherwise.

D-O events say otherwise.
Nope. You haven't done the math. We went through this just a couple weeks ago. The current rise is several times faster than the fastest rise in the last 800,000 years.

Nope. You haven't done the math. We went through this just a couple weeks ago. The current rise is several times faster than the fastest rise in the last 800,000 years.
"Climate records for the last ice age (which ended 11,500 years ago) show enormous climate fluctuations in the North Atlantic region - the so-called Dansgaard/Oeschger events. During these events air temperatures in Greenland changed on the order of 10 degrees Celsius within a few decades."

Posted this up on FB today...

Flagged as "misinformation" within 10 seconds".

What does it mean?

Means we are at war folks. Just a matter of time until the shitshow starts. All I know is...some people are going to be losing all their stuff.

View attachment 754556

Satellite data always showed NO WARMING, before it was FUDGED in 2005....

It has been warmer than usual in winter the last four years in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast U.S., where a lot of leftists live. Not real hot in summer, though.

No snow in Maryland equals Global Warming in their minds, apparently.

The geologic record is littered with examples of cooling and warming trends that were not cause by CO2 or orbital forcing.
I have forever wished the leftists would focus on the real world problem: overpopulation.

If Earth had 1/8 of the population, one billion instead of eight billion, like we DID have just 200 years ago, think ------ nobody would claim global warming, there wouldn't be human-caused extinctions, invasive species, food riots in Egypt, Sudan, Sri Lanka, et al., pollution of air and oceans, overfishing, spread of diseases, etc., etc.

But leftists went the wrong way, lying about a global warming that just isn't happening. So now they've lost all credibility and we still aren't going to do anything about overpopulation.

I have forever wished the leftists would focus on the real world problem: overpopulation.

If Earth had 1/8 of the population, one billion instead of eight billion, like we DID have just 200 years ago, think ------ nobody would claim global warming, there wouldn't be human-caused extinctions, invasive species, food riots in Egypt, Sudan, Sri Lanka, et al., pollution of air and oceans, overfishing, spread of diseases, etc., etc.

But leftists went the wrong way, lying about a global warming that just isn't happening. So now they've lost all credibility and we still aren't going to do anything about overpopulation.
What makes you think it is not possible to work on both problems at the same time?

Forum List

Back