The Worst Way To Die?

fncceo

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2016
Since human mortality seems to be the theme of 2020, I've been giving thought to the worst way possible to die. Not just the worst way, but the way that induces the most dread. For example, dying in the Sarlaac (from Star Wars) would be an extremely horrible way to die, being digested over 1,000 years. On the other hand, because it is extremely unlikely to happen, it's not going to be worrisome to anyone who isn't a galactic bounty hunter with a jet pack.

Statistically, human beings have a 98% chance of dying at some point in their lifespan (+/- 2% margin of error) so this is a topic which should interest most of us.

I purposely chose not to include a poll because it would limit types of deaths into specific categories such as 'gruesome', 'lonely', painful', 'embarrassing', etc. The manner of death you describe should be that which fills you with the most dread. For some, that might be a death by COVID (very topical). For others, being snuffed out with the remainder of life on Earth by a gamma ray burst from a distant star.

I'll start it out with what I consider a particularly terrible way to die...

"Dying of a slow and painful cancer (such as bone or rectal), in a cut-rate nursing home, with dementia and your family never visit."

Another (true life) example,

"Dying from an anaphylactic reaction to semen. But not human semen, dog semen."

I'm scared of being killed in a car crash from some dumb young blonde millenial texting on her phone or some violent negro shooting me.
The best way to die would be in a nuclear blast.It's all over in a second.The funeral.The cremation.What a way to go.

Body and face beat to a bloody pulp and slow limb by limb amputation while blood-sucking leeches live in your open wounds poisonous snakes and spiders crawling on you and the music band ace of base playing there song I saw the sign repeatedly on loop until you die.

Follow up question ...

"If you didn't die, how long would it take before immortality became a fate worse than death?"

A few centuries? A couple of millennia? A few million years?

Follow up question ...

"If you didn't die, how long would it take before immortality became a fate worse than death?"

I don't know about you but I have eternal life, thanks to Jesus

Slow lingering death in a paralyzed body. That's how my mom went. Had a bad stroke and then found out she had terminal colon cancer. I'll not go that way.

Follow up question ...

I don't know about you but I have eternal life, thanks to Jesus

I think you might "live" to regret that. Imagine spending eternity in a dentist's office. Of the checkout line at Costco?

"What is eternity? You're on the checkout line at a supermarket. There are seven people in front of you. They are all old. They all have two carts and coupons for every item. They are all paying by check. None of them have ID. It's the checkout girl's first day on the job. She doesn't speak any English. Take away fifteen minutes from that, and you begin to get an idea of what eternity is. "

-- Emo Philips

Forum List

Back