The Worst Kind of Bullying

It didn't happen here, because a lot of people shout BS at me that I know isn't true, but when somebody makes fun of you for your reading and comprehension abilities or therefore lack of when they write a whole entire essay full of words making it seem like it was your own fault for having a form of dyslexia,.. that broke me, and I don't break much or easily as most of you already probably know. Does anybody have any advice because I feel like shit right now. :(
Best luck to you!

I am proud to be High Functioning Autistic.

I am not sure what it's called but when I spell it's the right letters but the wrong sequence. So I do a lot of rewriting. Made things difficult for me in school always rewriting things. Had to put up with the insults but was once called the dumb hick in the room by a teacher in front of the class. But I just ignored it and pushed on. Although I was told there is no such thing as ignore only repressing. So I started being honest and open about it and things got better.

It didn't happen here, because a lot of people shout BS at me that I know isn't true, but when somebody makes fun of you for your reading and comprehension abilities or therefore lack of when they write a whole entire essay full of words making it seem like it was your own fault for having a form of dyslexia,.. that broke me, and I don't break much or easily as most of you already probably know. Does anybody have any advice because I feel like shit right now. :(

When I was young, “bullying”, by definition, necessarily involved physical violence or credible threats of physical violence.

I am dismayed at how pussified later generations have become, to think that they are “bullied” by mere words. My generation grew up being taught that “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.”.

I am not sure what it's called but when I spell it's the right letters but the wrong sequence. So I do a lot of rewriting. Made things difficult for me in school always rewriting things. Had to put up with the insults but was once called the dumb hick in the room by a teacher in front of the class. But I just ignored it and pushed on. Although I was told there is no such thing as ignore only repressing. So I started being honest and open about it and things got better.
That's dyslexia. I think there are some 300 different kinds. I have met some people that have dyslexia that become speed readers. Not enough resources to really address dyslexia where I am at. What is available, kids can't access because their Medicaid doesn't cover it.

i don't get what people did or said?

they may have just been trying to help you do better?

:heehee:

Forget it, it's all water under the bridge now as it happened days ago.
well, that's a good attitude..

people who are deliberately trying to hurt others aren't worth a 2nd thought.. but yeh... when i was younger, i didn't really adhere to that little truism... i was kinda stupid... still am but... every now and then I do--or think-- something right... believe it or not...

:)

Forum List

Back