The world leaping ahead of us, the U.S. still has no fast trains.

On Friday, I'm flying from Las Vegas to Reno and back in one day. Couldn't do that on a train, even a fast train.

So, what you're asking people to do is slow down when you ask them to ride a fast train.
It's unsustainable at the volume we're going at, by 2040 unless you have a new bio-jet fuel.
Unsustainable how? Will the world end?

On Friday, I'm flying from Las Vegas to Reno and back in one day. Couldn't do that on a train, even a fast train.

So, what you're asking people to do is slow down when you ask them to ride a fast train.
It's unsustainable at the volume we're going at, by 2040 unless you have a new bio-jet fuel.
Unsustainable how? Will the world end?
The cost of gasoline and jet fuel will be too expensive after
they stop lying and saying we haven't passed 'peak oil' stage.

A rail line can run on a series of wind turbines, solar plants , off the grid or all of the above or combinations of and new mag -lev technology coming along at a rapid pace will run on less electricity..

Last edited:
No, I won't. China is a giant ant farm. You should go. You might like it. You seem to be a fairly slow individual. Ant farms are great for slow people.
As I gear up for the Reno Air races yet again, I reflected on how much I would rather be out flying than babysitting a bunch of progressive silly people. So, flying I will be doing, and whining you will be doing, but I won't be bothering to listen!:laugh:

So treat the rest of the staff well, and feel free to keep flaming me, as I will stop in from time to time, but y'all try and be civil to one another!:cheers2: because ultimately we are all Americans.
Just as I suspected - another egotistical hypocrite and a fake patriot.

You get what you give, dude.

So we're overlooking your little attempted insult about me being 'slow' and jumping to the part where I pounce on you with the perfect response leaving you tongue-twisted holding your balls with a thumb up your ass, probably your Chinese midget girlfriend's ?.

That about sum it up, train-hater ?

So we're overlooking your little attempted insult about me being 'slow' and jumping to the part where I pounce on you with the perfect response leaving you tongue-twisted holding your balls with a thumb up your ass, probably your Chinese midget girlfriend's ?.

That about sum it up, train-hater ?

No, I was talking about your general insult to all Americans because we have the temerity to not waste money on fast trains.

And thanks for making it plain that you are a sock. Your type usually are. There are so few people who have as warped ideas as you that you have to populate message boards with bunches of false IDs just so you can get support. Really sad dude.

And i guess you must live in a bubble, or maybe your head lives up your keester, but you have insulted me, and multiple others in many threads, so like i said, you get what you give.

Now, if you want to call a truce, and behave in a manner different from a douchebag, i will be happy to do likewise.

Last edited:
Americans don’t think ahead or care beyond short-term satisfaction
Says the guy (identity cautiously assumed) who would vote against a known good economy just to see Trump lose.

Irony at its best
I’m not voting against an economy, I’m voting against what I consider evil and dangerous

What is truly sad is you know so little about the technology's involved that you actually think that trains are better for moving people than aircraft. Here's a hint...if they were, EVERYBODY would be doing it. Trains have enormous environmental costs, and the cost to build and maintain the infrastructure, especially on a high speed train is tremendous. Efficiency wins the day. When high speed trains become as efficient as air travel, then people will use them. But not until that happens.

No, I was talking about your general insult to all Americans because we have the temerity to not waste money on fast trains.
:laugh::lol:
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Trains are 19th century. They are from the slave era. The era of voting rights denied to women. The era of the horse and buggy. The train track is the same as the last buggy whip. It has its uses for products and some human transport here in the U.S. but not much more.

Trains are 19th century. They are from the slave era. The era of voting rights denied to women. The era of the horse and buggy. The train track is the same as the last buggy whip. It has its uses for products and some human transport here in the U.S. but not much more.
tumblr_inline_mrmzmsHp3U1qz4rgp.gif

Americans don’t think ahead or care beyond short-term satisfaction
Says the guy (identity cautiously assumed) who would vote against a known good economy just to see Trump lose.

Irony at its best
I’m not voting against an economy, I’m voting against what I consider evil and dangerous

What is truly sad is you know so little about the technology's involved that you actually think that trains are better for moving people than aircraft. Here's a hint...if they were, EVERYBODY would be doing it. Trains have enormous environmental costs, and the cost to build and maintain the infrastructure, especially on a high speed train is tremendous. Efficiency wins the day. When high speed trains become as efficient as air travel, then people will use them. But not until that happens.
Airlines Are Suspending Flights Because Fuel Is Too Expensive | OilPrice.com

China has the world’s fastest and largest high-speed rail network — more than 19,000 miles, the vast majority of which was built in the past decade. Japan’s bullet trains can reach nearly 200 miles per hour and date to the 1960s. They have moved more than 9 billion people without a single passenger causality. France began service of the high-speed TGV train in 1981 and the rest of Europe quickly followed.

But the U.S. has no true high-speed trains, aside from sections of Amtrak’s Acela line in the Northeast Corridor. The Acela can reach 150 mph for only 34 miles of its 457-mile span. Its average speed between New York and Boston is about 65 mph. California’s high-speed rail system is under construction, but whether it will ever get completed as intended is uncertain.

Sadly, the US is falling light years behind China.

:CryingCow:

China's coal pollution is so bad, it almost killed a friend of mine who visited there.

Forum List

Back