The World Cup discussion thread

36408600_1703957222974699_1852656524204179456_n.jpg

Last edited:
Well the game was not good for watching.
Spain took the ball as they always do but couldn't attack due to Russian excellent defense.
Spain was very concentrated so Russia almost didn't have chance for counterattacks...very few but pretty dangerous.
Looks like Spain deserved victory more but in fact Russia succeeded in playing against Spain while Spain didn't succeed against Russia.

So, we're happy and hope for luck in game against very strong Croatia.

Last edited:
Martin Lipton, the Sun’s deputy head of sport, has said that English fans attending the World Cup will change their attitude towards Russia, which he views as a welcoming and friendly country

“It’s been a fantastic tournament,” Lipton said of the football showpiece taking place in Russia.

“I think the welcome from the Russian people has been clear to everyone. The organization has been superb, the weather has been great. The football has been fantastic. Loads of great games, loads of goals. It’s been really, really good at the end of the first stage now. It’s been a real pleasure to be here, it’s an absolute joy.”

He also outlined that his perception of Russia had changed after he saw a large number of open-hearted and hospitable people enjoying the football extravaganza.

Talking about English World Cup fears raised from numerous reports in the UK press, which pictured Russia as a hostile state riddled with racism, Lipton said that this is a “culture of fear” which has gained power amid recently escalated tensions between Britain and Russia.

‘England fans will go home with a different image of Russia’ – Sun deputy head of sport

Well the game was not good for watching.
Spain took the ball as they always do but couldn't attack due to Russian excellent defense.
Spain was very concentrated so Russia almost didn't have chance for counterattacks...very few but pretty dangerous.
Looks like Spain deserved victory more but in fact Russia succeeded in playing against Spain while Spain didn't succeed against Russia.

So, we're happy and hope for luck in game against very strong Croatia.
Yes, Russia’s defence is excellent. I wish them luck against Croatia. Croatia are a very strong side, BUT you never know, the Russians are very resilient!

Thanks, dear Tilly! What a wonderful day for Russia, who would have thought! Even the priests were praying for Russia's victory during the Divine Liturgy today in our churches and abroad.

Congrats to all Russians and all Russian World! Go, Russia, go!!!!

Russia 4-3 Spain (pens) - Heroic hosts snatch improbable shootout victory to stun Spain in Moscow
That was one tense game! I wish them luck against Croatia. I was rooting for Denmark to win yesterday, but sadly it was not to be.
Anyway, Go Russia!

Tedious days football capped by two penalty shootouts. Yawn - hope for better tomorrow.
That Russia win upset you, huh?
Lol.
You would have to be on crack to prefer the Russians to the Spanish. Spain play the game in the right way and the Russians are 100% negative hanging on for the penalty lottery.
Its the world cup and you want the better teams to go through.

Tedious days football capped by two penalty shootouts. Yawn - hope for better tomorrow.
Lol.
You would have to be on crack to prefer the Russians to the Spanish. Spain play the game in the right way and the Russians are 100% negative hanging on for the penalty lottery.
No, one wouldn’t have to be on crack - but that’s something you clearly know all about, you silly bigoted twat :iyfyus.jpg:

Actually Spain may play the way YOU prefer but YOU don’t get to define ‘the RIGHT WAY’ for the rest of us, Tammy.
Plenty of people find Spain’s possession football boring.

Regardless, I find it amusing that Russia winning has upset you soooooo much.
Just think, If only you weren’t such a Russiaphobe you wouldn’t be getting your knickers in such a bunch on a public forum.
So, thank you soooooo very much, Tams :laugh2:

Last edited:
Brazil has the reputation of playing a beautiful, offensive game, but when you look at the times they've won World Cup their defense wins it for them.

Lol.
No, one wouldn’t have to be on crack - but that’s something you clearly know all about, you silly bigoted twat :iyfyus.jpg:

Actually Spain may play the way YOU prefer but YOU don’t get to define ‘the right way’ for the rest of us, Tammy.

Just think, If only you weren’t such a Russiaphobe you wouldn’t be getting your knickers in such a bunch on a public forum.

You are an idiot and obviously know very little about the game. Only a few teams have shut up shop at this world cup. Russia being one of them. I would personally rather watch Iniesta and Silva than anyone on the Russian team.

Iceland were also very defensive and I am glad they have gone home.

Still Greece showed it was possible to win by playing defensively.

Lol.

Actually Spain may play the way YOU prefer but YOU don’t get to define ‘the right way’ for the rest of us, Tammy.

You are an idiot and obviously know very little about the game. Only a few teams have shut up shop at this world cup. Russia being one of them. I would personally rather watch Iniesta and Silva than anyone on the Russian team.

Iceland were also very defensive and I am glad they have gone home.

Still Greece showed it was possible to win by playing defensively.
Teams play the kind of game they need to play to win, and the best adapt their game where necessary. That you don’t know that or that you only view one kind of play as the ‘RIGHT WAY’ shows you are the idiot here, even though you do your best to present yourself as some kind of expert (Lol) dear Tammy :popcorn:

Forum List

Back