The World Cup discussion thread

A place where we can discuss the games and then laugh at England when they get knocked out early.

At least England qualified (unlike Wales), Tammy :abgg2q.jpg:
Hey Tilly,you have nearly used up your funny quota for the day. Stop bullying me.
Nice too have you again at the forum Tilly:), The French are doing pretty good but i like the English team too :thup:
I found the Croatia team really impressive and even better I had a bet on them:badgrin:

Last edited:
A place where we can discuss the games and then laugh at England when they get knocked out early.

Hey Tilly,you have nearly used up your funny quota for the day. Stop bullying me.
Nice too have you again at the forum Tilly:), The French are doing pretty good but i like the English team too :thup:
I found the Crotie team really impressive and even better I had a bet on them:badgrin:
Thank you, Dalia :smiliehug:.
I think France have 6 points - Viva la France! I am looking forward to France v Denmark tomorrow - good luck!

I found the Crotie team really impressive and even better I had a bet on them:badgrin:
I think France have 6 points - Viva la France! I am looking forward to France v Denmark tomorrow - good luck!
Me too (looking forward).
Go Danes!

You think funnying your funny idiot posts is bullying? Stop being such a baby. Lol.

Tilly we have been worried with you going AWOL, I even ask Dalia in a totally random thread last week Where is Tilly? So yes welcome back :)

But it must be said that the team of France were not especially good, not bad but not great :badgrin: that we lead only 1 point ahead and until the last moment the other team can equalize we saw that with Germany at 95 minutes.:rock:
Purée, again my bet was good:thup:

Go Danes!

Oh this is a football thread, didn't know just noticed Tilly had posted in it. Okay I have just watched Uruguay vs Russia, excellent from Uruguay, Russia chronic not as chronic as Saudi Arabia but chronic. IMHO best games so far Spain vs Portugal, Belgium vs Tunisia, Belgium vs Panama, I am liking Belgium a lot in this World Cup, I am also liking Mexico a lot and Denmark are playing some excellent football also.

You think funnying your funny idiot posts is bullying? Stop being such a baby. Lol.

Tilly we have been worried with you going AWOL, I even ask Dalia in a totally random thread last week Where is Tilly? So yes welcome back :)
Thanks Lucy :smiliehug:. Was just a bit busy and took a break, but I’ve missed you all so here I am :huddle:

Thanks Lucy :smiliehug:. Was just a bit busy and took a break, but I’ve missed you all so here I am :huddle:

Hopefully you are now refreshed :smiliehug:We have a dilemma in this household now, do we watch Portugal vs Iran or Spain vs Morocco, I always hate when it gets to the point in every World Cup where games KO at the same time. Portugal are excellent only thanks to Cristiano Ronaldo, Iran have been boring. Spain have been excellent, also I have liked watching Morocco even though they have not had good results, their game against Portugal IMHO in the FH Morocco were the better team but everything went wrong for them, couldn't hit the target and some bizarro Referee decisions against them, so I think we will watch Spain vs Morocco, when the game is on Mr. Lucy will paint my toenails :)

Hopefully you are now refreshed :smiliehug:We have a dilemma in this household now, do we watch Portugal vs Iran or Spain vs Morocco, I always hate when it gets to the point in every World Cup where games KO at the same time. Portugal are excellent only thanks to Cristiano Ronaldo, Iran have been boring. Spain have been excellent, also I have liked watching Morocco even though they have not had good results, their game against Portugal IMHO in the FH Morocco were the better team but everything went wrong for them, couldn't hit the target and some bizarro Referee decisions against them, so I think we will watch Spain vs Morocco, when the game is on Mr. Lucy will paint my toenails :)

I wanted to watch both too. However, I think I will watch Portugal for Ronaldo and flick over to check on Spain.

I was surprised to read this (so I hope Ronaldo got his beauty sleep):

World Cup 2018: Cristiano Ronaldo begs Iran fans to stop chanting so he can get some sleep before Portugal match
Hundreds of Iranian fans spent several overnight hours surrounding the hotel where Portugal's national team is based

...Hundreds of Iranian fans spent several overnight hours surrounding the hotel where Portugal's national team is based, making loud noises in an attempt to disrupt their opponents' sleep before the game in Saransk on Monday.

Star man Ronaldo was even filmed by Portuguese TV RTP late at night by the window using gestures to ask the Iranian fans to be silent, but Monday morning there were still a few dozen of them playing loud music near the hotel in the city centre. ...

Cristiano Ronaldo begs Iran fans to stop chanting so he can get some sleep

I would rather watch Portugal but I have money on the Spain game. I will wait until my money is safe before switching over.

Western Media kept scaring their fans about "evil Russians who beat foreigners in the streets". Instead those "evil Russians" help foreign fans when they are in trouble.

Locals in Kazan have come to the aid of a disabled Colombian fan who was in danger of missing out on the World Cup experience when his electric wheelchair suffered an unexpected battery failure.

“I’m so grateful that the people of Kazan helped me with everything. It was real help. I really appreciate it. Thank you, thank you, thank you to the people of Kazan!”

“I felt safe at Kazan arena. The infrastructure around is well adapted for people with disabilities, everything is accessible for fans like me.”
Kazan locals help Colombian World Cup fan after unexpected wheelchair failure (PHOTOS)

Go Danes!
Yes, good luck. How do you think you will do?

The Spanish team was not good at all tonight, I lost my bet anyway everyone had put there bet on Spain

Germany is really, really fortunate.

Though it's always foolhardy to say so, it's hard to imagine Germany winning it again playing like they have thus far.

Mexico could have easily beaten them 5-0 given all the chances they had. And if Sweden had a quality finisher, Germany would be out of the World Cup.

If they don't tighten up at the back, when they come up against a quality side, they risk getting ripped apart. A Spain, Brazil, France, Belgium or even Portugal or England could wind up doing to Germany what Germany did to Brazil four years ago.

England wouldn't beat Germany, not even now. Unless they show a bit more quality.
England is doing very well, and has the top scorer thus far (Harry Kane, 5 goals). I am hoping Denmark can at least tie France tomorrow to guarantee their advance to knock-outs.
Germany finally came out with fire in the 2nd half of that game vs Sweden. It shows they still have the potential, when needed.
The Danes dont seem to travel in big numbers these days. Is there a lack of faith in the current side ?
Not many Danes are rich or wish to spend much of their savings on long Russia vacation. Although they love their team like other fans, they prefer to travel elsewhere where society is more progressive.
A lot of people have made that decision.I wont be going to Qatar either.
You think Wales will get to Qatar?

There'll never be enough alcohol in Qatar to keep the Welsh sober.

Not a big sportsball fan, but hell, American football, hockey, and even basketball are all more fun too watch.

And I even played this laborious sport as a kid.

Sleepy time.

grumpy-cat-superbowl-meme-245x300.jpg

Get home from work. Try to avoid news on way home and all day.

Sometimes a game is on, somedays not on FS1. Probably a replay at that time? They don't say.

Maybe more games are on at other times?

Spain pretty lucky to get late goal on quick corner. Offside on cirner kick over-ruled by replay. First for me?

Morroco pretty dirty kicking at ball down low. Edit: the flopping seems to have become a huge part of the games? Maybe Spain was faking most takedowns?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back