The Walmart conspiracy

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
Walmart opened up across the nation and ran thousands of "mom & pop" stores out of business.

That, in itself can be just considered business.

The thing that makes me think there is conspiracy involved is in the fact they are raising their prices , now that all the business goes to large companies.

I can't help but to see similarities in 2 other events in American history.

1) They claimed a 1929 "Depression" which left the banks holding most of the farm property across the country. Any bank that didn't deal with the Federal Reserve was run out of business.

2) They passed Prohibition , and ran 90% of breweries out of business , 10% of the breweries held the whole market when it was repealed

We had that in Australia with hardware stores. a super store chain called Bunnings killed off most little hardware stores. they did this by selling cheap and nasty tools. cheap imports.

then when the competition was gone, the prices went up.

I believe the word you were reaching for is "monopoly"

virgin air under cut the prices but then never raised their price. It's an ethical business( or they never had the opportunity because other cheap airlines started up and Qantas took a long time to succumb), Unlike Bunnings.

When all your community cares about is paying the lowest price...I have a hard time feeling sorry for those who became hostages of Wal Mart by volunteering to shop there. We have 4 or 5 within 10 minutes drive of my home. I drive a bit further to go to Whole Foods or Target. Wal Mart is a footnote in my life and I couldn't be happier.

Walmart opened up across the nation and ran thousands of "mom & pop" stores out of business.

The thing that makes me think there is conspiracy involved is in the fact they are raising their prices , now that all the business goes to large companies.

1) They claimed a 1929 "Depression" which left the banks holding most of the farm property across the country. Any bank that didn't deal with the Federal Reserve was run out of business.

2) They passed Prohibition , and ran 90% of breweries out of business , 10% of the breweries held the whole market when it was repealed
Are you familiar with the word "inflation"? When goods cost more to produce, they will cost more to purchase.

Yup Wal-mart is evil. They charge nearly 5 times as much for a gallon of milk as when they opened their doors

IN 1962

Right. Our system of government is inherently Machiavellian. It has never, in practice, supported an economy based on merit. Economic downturns are the means by which of the powerful consolidate power. That is why they have always happened.

Forum List

Back