The Walking Dead

:sad: Damn it. That is a freakin' long wait.

Exclu: Most Walking Dead fans know there's only six episodes in this first season. I know, the season is half finished even though it feels like it's just getting started.

But here's what you didn't know, or perhaps only feared: Sources say AMC isn't likely to launch the 13-episode second season until next October.

The reason? Fearfest. AMC's annual horror movie marathon served as a perfect promotional platform to ramp up interest for The Walking Dead, which also took advantage of the higher audience levels during the fall (something not all cable shows can pull off given the barrage of broadcast shows airing at the same time -- which is why most cable dramas run during the summer).

Plus, AMC has already pushed Breaking Bad from March to the summer, and has Mad Men airing in the summer as usual, and at some point has to squeeze in the premiere of its new original series, The Killing. Combined with Walking Dead, that's four shows to air next year, the most the network has ever had, and cable networks tend to spread out their premieres so they can properly promote each one.

Now, the October plan is not final, and there probably won't be a firm premiere date for awhile -- heck, the second season hasn't even started production yet. But the current strategy is for another October roll out.

Some silver lining: Frank Darabont is expected to write and direct another episode next year.

Long Wait Likely for 'Walking Dead' Season Two - Live Feed

Well looks like I ended up being right about the wait time. Disappointing but hopefully worth the wait.

Zombie movies are ridiculous because no one has ever seen a zombie run, so zombies are more of an annoyance than a horror. All you have to do is walk fast to get away from them.

Zombie movies are ridiculous because no one has ever seen a zombie run, so zombies are more of an annoyance than a horror. All you have to do is walk fast to get away from them.

:doubt:

They might not seem like much, one at a time. But in a group, all hungry? Man you'd better watch your ass.

Go to 3:25

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3GY4LDBNlY[/ame]

I'll assume you've never seen the remake to Dawn of the Dead.
Youtube eludes me, or I'd link a vid.

:sad: Damn it. That is a freakin' long wait.

Exclu: Most Walking Dead fans know there's only six episodes in this first season. I know, the season is half finished even though it feels like it's just getting started.

But here's what you didn't know, or perhaps only feared: Sources say AMC isn't likely to launch the 13-episode second season until next October.

The reason? Fearfest. AMC's annual horror movie marathon served as a perfect promotional platform to ramp up interest for The Walking Dead, which also took advantage of the higher audience levels during the fall (something not all cable shows can pull off given the barrage of broadcast shows airing at the same time -- which is why most cable dramas run during the summer).

Plus, AMC has already pushed Breaking Bad from March to the summer, and has Mad Men airing in the summer as usual, and at some point has to squeeze in the premiere of its new original series, The Killing. Combined with Walking Dead, that's four shows to air next year, the most the network has ever had, and cable networks tend to spread out their premieres so they can properly promote each one.

Now, the October plan is not final, and there probably won't be a firm premiere date for awhile -- heck, the second season hasn't even started production yet. But the current strategy is for another October roll out.

Some silver lining: Frank Darabont is expected to write and direct another episode next year.

Long Wait Likely for 'Walking Dead' Season Two - Live Feed

:(

I got the impression that relationship developed in the ensuing aftermath of zombie outbreak, and they figured Rick was toast.

BUT- (and I only watched it once) in the opening scenes of the first episode they're sitting in the squad car and I remember thinking how odd the conversation went w/re: to Rick's marriage etc.

Another but - :D
The two go at it like horny teenagers in the woods which is odd for a gal who recently lost her 'oosbund. I dunno does that make sense LOL.

Exactly what leads me to believe they had been getting it on for some time. ( thinking back to the odd conversation in the squad car )

True love would be blowing a hole in the head of your loved one .. putting them out of their misery. Bang!

The first two episodes are available On Demand, should anyone be interested. I watched the premiere episode again last night.

So any more thoughts on the Shane/Lori lust?

Just a typical "I thought he was dead but now he's not so guess what? You get to sleep alone from now on" situations. Besides, her attitude towards Shane in the last episode by that little lake/pond? Hoo baby...me thinks Shane was wanting her, lied about Rick's condition and Lori got PO'ed big time about being used by Shane. Will she tell Rick? That's a good question. My guess is no, considering what i'd do to a bastard like that who i called a friend.

Sure enough, I had a zombie nightmare. I had to fight to wake from it and it was spooky as hell. I got infected and started turning and was totally freaked out LOL.

Seriously? Maybe you should lay-off the dead for awhile.

:lol:

Welcome to the boards and our Walking Dead thread High_Gravity!

Last edited:
Sure enough, I had a zombie nightmare. I had to fight to wake from it and it was spooky as hell. I got infected and started turning and was totally freaked out LOL.

Seriously? May you should lay-off the dead for awhile.

Thanks, I thought the cops wife and his partner were having an affair before he was shot, but now it looks like their affair started after he fell into a coma. It looks like the wife didn't need to grieve very long before she started banging his partner.

Thanks, I thought the cops wife and his partner were having an affair before he was shot, but now it looks like their affair started after he fell into a coma. It looks like the wife didn't need to grieve very long before she started banging his partner.

Good point!

Excuse the typo. I meant to type maybe not may. Damn spell check.

I have been tivoing the episodes......off work today just started watching no.1....the gas station scene.....eerie and cool.....

Good point!

Excuse the typo. I meant to type maybe not may. Damn spell check.

I'm just saying if I was in that cops situation, I would hope my wife would grieve my loss for a little while before she goes and bangs my partner. All that means is that she wanted to sleep with him just as bad as he wanted her, they are both to blame here. Its not like the guy was gone for years, this is looking like a month at most he was in the coma.

What blew me away was the gas station scene in Ep. 1 with that zombie girl picking up the teddy bear. Usually zombies don't have recognition, but she/it seemed to know the comfort of a teddy bear. I think that characteristic was confirmed big time with the scene with the guy's zombie wife trying to open the door. Usually, zombies just bang on doors.

That episode has established that the first couple of episodes were not in fact a fluke. This really is the best new show if not the best show on television today.

Forum List

Back