The Walking Dead

True love would be blowing a hole in the head of your loved one .. putting them out of their misery. Bang!

The first two episodes are available On Demand, should anyone be interested. I watched the premiere episode again last night.

Alright, the scene with Rick and Glenn covered in zombie guts as they walked among them was good. Kudos to the make-up artists. But when Rick ever turned and brought the ax down into the zombies head .... :eek: ... nasty!

So ... who among us thinks that Shane and Lori have been having an affair for some time?

I got the impression that relationship developed in the ensuing aftermath of zombie outbreak, and they figured Rick was toast.

BUT- (and I only watched it once) in the opening scenes of the first episode they're sitting in the squad car and I remember thinking how odd the conversation went w/re: to Rick's marriage etc.

Another but - :D
The two go at it like horny teenagers in the woods which is odd for a gal who recently lost her 'oosbund. I dunno does that make sense LOL.

Exactly what leads me to believe they had been getting it on for some time. ( thinking back to the odd conversation in the squad car )

True love would be blowing a hole in the head of your loved one .. putting them out of their misery. Bang!

The first two episodes are available On Demand, should anyone be interested. I watched the premiere episode again last night.

So any more thoughts on the Shane/Lori lust?

After watching the scene in the squad car again ... I am still under the impression that they had something going on before the undead started walking the streets. My husband and I talked at length about last evening. He thinks the affair started up after Rick was shot. Going by the flowers in the vase on his bedside table, what do you guys think the time-line was? I also noticed that Shane was acting kinda funny when the day he brought the flowers in.

I have another question ...
If your husband/wife were in a hospital bed when the outbreak occurred, wouldn't you do whatever necessary to get to them? Why didn't Lori go to the hospital? I would have!

After watching the scene in the squad car again ... I am still under the impression that they had something going on before the undead started walking the streets. My husband and I talked at length about last evening. He thinks the affair started up after Rick was shot. Going by the flowers in the vase on his bedside table, what do you guys think the time-line was? I also noticed that Shane was acting kinda funny when the day he brought the flowers in.
Didn't Morgan say it was about 30 days after the outbreaks?

For a guy in a coma for several weeks, Rick sure did get his strength back quickly. And he must have had a caregiver change his IV up until a day or two before he woke up, otherwise he'd have died of thirst.

Anyway...it's a movie. Artistic license and all that.

For a guy in a coma for several weeks, Rick sure did get his strength back quickly. And he must have had a caregiver change his IV up until a day or two before he woke up, otherwise he'd have died of thirst.

I must have missed the 30 day comment.

When watching a series such as this, one must suspend thier disbelief and just go with the flow. We brought up the same points when we were watching.

I must have missed the 30 day comment.
I won't swear that's what he said, but there's this:
Waking up in an empty hospital after weeks in a coma, County Sheriff Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) finds himself utterly alone.​
When watching a series such as this, one must suspend thier disbelief and just go with the flow. We brought up the same points when we were watching.
Indeed, although disregard for basic science can make me lose interest. I'll never read Stephen King's The Dome again for that reason.

I got the impression that relationship developed in the ensuing aftermath of zombie outbreak, and they figured Rick was toast.

BUT- (and I only watched it once) in the opening scenes of the first episode they're sitting in the squad car and I remember thinking how odd the conversation went w/re: to Rick's marriage etc.

Another but - :D
The two go at it like horny teenagers in the woods which is odd for a gal who recently lost her 'oosbund. I dunno does that make sense LOL.

Exactly what leads me to believe they had been getting it on for some time. ( thinking back to the odd conversation in the squad car )

Not sure. I'll need to see more lust-in-action before deciding. :eusa_whistle:

What did you think? I'm glad they had this episode so we could get to know the characters better.

I'm not convinced that Lori and Shane were together before the zombie apocalypse. I don't know why Shane told Lori that Rick was dead. Did he really believe that or did he just want to be with Lori?

I don't know which zombie death I liked more . . . . . the severed head or the arrow through the head. Both were excellent!

I did not think that Merle would cut his hand off. I thought he was reaching for the gun to put a bullet in his head or to blow the handcuffs off.

Yeah last episdode I could see Merle escaping but not sure why he didn't cut the handcuffs instead LOL. Maybe he was in a hurry. :D

Good character development last night. When Shane beat the crap out of the abusive hubby, he was more taking out his frustrations re: Lori.

I'm still wondering when Rick is going to use that grenade he found in the tank. :thup:

Such excitement!

Cutting handcuffs with a hacksaw is a difficult proposition. He'd have been better off cutting the bolt the handcuffs were attached to on the pipe support -- it was rusty, and would have yielded quickly, and he'd still have his hand.

Then again, he was sawing away as the geeks were trying to get in. Yep, he was in a hurry alright! Wasn't the gun closer than the saw?

I want the guy and son who were in the first episode to meet up with Rick and be a regular on the show. Can't remember his name, but Lennie James (who played Robert Hawkins on Jericho) played him. Love that guy.

Last edited:
What did you think? I'm glad they had this episode so we could get to know the characters better.

I'm not convinced that Lori and Shane were together before the zombie apocalypse. I don't know why Shane told Lori that Rick was dead. Did he really believe that or did he just want to be with Lori?

I don't know which zombie death I liked more . . . . . the severed head or the arrow through the head. Both were excellent!

I did not think that Merle would cut his hand off. I thought he was reaching for the gun to put a bullet in his head or to blow the handcuffs off.
I thought the episode was pretty good. Sad to hear there are only three left.

I am now convinced that Lori and Shane started carrying on after the dead started to walk the earth. I think Shane used the 'he's dead' story for his own carnal benefit ... the gutter-slime puke chunk!

The zombies trying to come through the door on the roof were pretty creepy. With Merril's stash thrown over the side and flesh-eating dead hungry for his ass, I'd most likely freak up there as well. But sawing off my own hand? Ewwwwwww! I knew he was going to do that! Wait! Is it Merle or Merril? Either way, we'll be seeing him again soon.

Good character development last night. When Shane beat the crap out of the abusive hubby, he was more taking out his frustrations re: Lori.

Mmmmm HHhmmm

Not sure if any of y'all have seen the movie The Mist, but a few of the characters from the movie are in this series. The abused wife is one of them.

Forum List

Back