The value of life

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Take a look at this article for a moment. A pregnant mother was murdered in Philadelphia, but doctors were miraculously able to deliver her unborn child.

Tell me, if the doctors were to assume the logic that a fetus is unworthy of being called life until after birth, do you think they would have saved it? What does that say about some of the arguments being made about abortion these days?

"Doctors were able to miraculously deliver a pregnant mother’s baby after she was fatally shot in Philadelphia early Saturday morning, cops said. City police found the mother with a gunshot wound to the head on the street near Richmond Street and Wheatsheaf Lane in Port Richmond just after 1 a.m. She was rushed to Temple University hospital after responders learned her unborn child was still alive at the scene, according to WCAU.

The unidentified woman, who was in her early 20s, was pronounced dead at the hospital just before 2 a.m., however, doctors were able to save the baby. It’s not clear how far along in her pregnancy she was at the time she was shot."

Last edited:
Take a look at this article for a moment. A pregnant mother was murdered in Philadelphia, but doctors were miraculously able to deliver her unborn child.

Tell me, if the doctors were to assume the logic that a fetus is unworthy of being called life, do you think they would have saved it? What does that say about some of the arguments being made about abortion these days?

"Doctors were able to miraculously deliver a pregnant mother’s baby after she was fatally shot in Philadelphia early Saturday morning, cops said. City police found the mother with a gunshot wound to the head on the street near Richmond Street and Wheatsheaf Lane in Port Richmond just after 1 a.m. She was rushed to Temple University hospital after responders learned her unborn child was still alive at the scene, according to WCAU.

The unidentified woman, who was in her early 20s, was pronounced dead at the hospital just before 2 a.m., however, doctors were able to save the baby. It’s not clear how far along in her pregnancy she was at the time she was shot."

Seems like the only logical conclusion must be the reflex replacement of the value of life with a state of mass clinical apathy where life's value is compressed into politically haywire ideology bereft of any compassion or empathy. People need to be on the winning team regardless of the winning team's humanity or lack thereof. Being right, these days, easily supersedes being human.

Seems like the only logical conclusion must be the reflex replacement of the value of life with a state of mass clinical apathy where life's value is compressed into politically haywire ideology bereft of any compassion or empathy. People need to be on the winning team regardless of the winning team's humanity or lack thereof. Being right, these days, easily supersedes being human.

Might it just be that humans instinctively know what human life itself is and politics just works to suppress that instinct?

Might it just be that humans instinctively know what human life itself is and politics just works to suppress that instinct?

Sounds about right. Politicians crusade to remove emotion from the process of running civilization and then appeal to emotion in order to achieve their political goals. I would like to believe the average human being would have helped this mother and child on the street but a large part of me suspects the average person would have filmed her death with their cellphone instead.

Sounds about right. Politicians crusade to remove emotion from the process of running civilization and then appeal to emotion in order to achieve their political goals. I would like to believe the average human being would have helped this mother and child on the street but a large part of me suspects the average person would have filmed her death with their cellphone instead.

10,000 years ago, humans knew what unborn life was without having any of the advanced tools we have today. They knew the immense value it had. It's sad to see some in the current era trying to reassess that value based on their political beliefs.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back