The US Must Choose Between DEI and Advanced Chip Manufacturing.

Just wait until the dumbass Affirmative Action Negroes, Queers, Trannies and unqualified women start flying airplanes because of DEI.
Hilarious

Still waiting on the NBA to go all white again.

Prove that any DEI initiative caused Boeings issues.

I'll wait.

I can't prove it, and I didn't claim it. I simply posted a factual observation - Boeing's DEI web page is more extensive than their safety page - and it's a fact that companies have finite resources, so money and effort spent on an initiative like DEI distracts from other initiatives like a focus on safety.

You gotta admit, that with all the recent safety events Boeing craft have experienced recently, they might want to reexamine their priorities.

Regards,
Jim

I own Boeing stock and might buy more. I like the one on the right better.

1711816868580.png

The CHIPS Act is loaded with DEI crap. They really do want to crash America. Just look at Boeing, which went whole hog for DEI.

Just another way of crashing the economy.

The Biden administration recently promised it will finally loosen the purse strings on $39 billion of CHIPS Act grants to encourage semiconductor fabrication in the U.S.​
• But less than a week later, Intel announced that it’s putting the brakes on its Columbus factory.​
• The Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) has pushed back production at its second Arizona foundry.​
• The remaining major chipmaker, Samsung, just delayed its first Texas fab.​
This is not the way companies typically respond to multi-billion-dollar subsidies. So what explains chipmakers’ apparent ingratitude? In large part, frustration with DEI requirements embedded in the CHIPS Act.
The money has too many stupid strings:​
Commentators have noted that CHIPS and Science Act money has been sluggish. What they haven’t noticed is that it’s because the CHIPS Act is so loaded with DEI pork that it can’t move.​
The law contains 19 sections aimed at helping minority groups, including one creating a Chief Diversity Officer at the National Science Foundation, and several prioritizing scientific cooperation with what it calls “minority-serving institutions.” A section called “Opportunity and Inclusion” instructs the Department of Commerce to work with minority-owned businesses and make sure chipmakers “increase the participation of economically disadvantaged individuals in the semiconductor workforce.” …​
The impetus for the CHIPS Act is that 90 percent of the world’s advanced microchips are made in Taiwan, which China is preparing to annex by 2027, maybe even 2025.​
Handouts abound. There’s plenty for the left — requirements that chipmakers submit detailed plans to educate, employ, and train lots of women and people of color, as well as “justice-involved individuals,” more commonly known as ex-cons. There’s plenty for the right — veterans and members of rural communities find their way into the typical DEI definition of minorities. There’s even plenty for the planet: Arizona Democrats just bragged they’ve won $15 million in CHIPS funding for an ASU project fighting climate change. …​
No thanks, we’ll go where we can employ talent:​
Because equity is so critical, the makers of humanity’s most complex technology must rely on local labor and apprentices from all those underrepresented groups, as TSMC discovered to its dismay.
Tired of delays at its first fab, the company flew in 500 employees from Taiwan. This angered local workers, since the implication was that they weren’t skilled enough. With CHIPS grants at risk, TSMC caved in December, agreeing to rely on those workers and invest more in training them. A month later, it postponed its second Arizona fab.
Now TSMC has revealed plans to build a second fab in Japan. Its first, which broke ground in 2021, is about to begin production. TSMC has learned that when the Japanese promise money, they actually give it, and they allow it to use competent workers.​
TSMC is also sampling Germany’s chip subsidies, as is Intel.
Intel is also building fabs in Poland and Israel, which means it would rather risk Russian aggression and Hamas rockets over dealing with America’s DEI regime. Samsung is pivoting toward making its South Korean homeland the semiconductor superpower after Taiwan falls.​
...​
As far as I can tell from grantwriting work I've been involved in, CHIPS is a huge expensive failure.

Will you believe me if i cite the WashPo

$52 Billion Chipmaking Plan Is Racing Toward Failure

Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › business › 2023/03/28

Forum List

Back