'The US isn't an option anymore': why California's immigrants are heading back to Mexico

Not only would it be the blessing of the century, but if white liberals joined them, it would be the dream come true of the century as well.

and devastated some of the industries that rely on immigrant labor,

It's as I said, get rid of the jobs and they leave.
A few people in this story left. I see no evidence of a mass exodus of immigrants.

The ones who lost their jobs left.
Some people may have, but not most.

The ones who still have a job stayed.
So most of the ones who dont have a job.

A few people in this story left. I see no evidence of a mass exodus of immigrants.

As already covered (with links) its impossible to survive here without a job.

As already covered (with links) its impossible to survive here without a job.
No its not.

So..some silver lining to the Pandemic?

"...But they couldn’t stand the uncertainty. So, the grandmother, mom and two young children instead relocated across the southern border. The kids, both US citizens, are still able to cross the border to attend school.
“It’s not even that the country is not welcoming any more, it’s just not an option any more,” said Gallegos. “I hear that all the time from people here, and from friends and family in other countries.”
Javier Lua Figureo moved back to his home town in Michoacán, Mexico, three years ago, after living and working in California for a dozen years. Since the pandemic hit, several of his friends and family members have followed his lead, he said.

“Things aren’t perfect in Mexico,” Figureo said in Spanish. But at least there’s access to healthcare, and some unemployment benefits for those who need it, he added. “In comparison to what it was in the US, the situation for us in Mexico right now is much better.”"
It is because they know that Biden will be outsourcing jobs to other countries.

"...But they couldn’t stand the uncertainty. So, the grandmother, mom and two young children instead relocated across the southern border. The kids, both US citizens, are still able to cross the border to attend school.
“It’s not even that the country is not welcoming any more, it’s just not an option any more,” said Gallegos. “I hear that all the time from people here, and from friends and family in other countries.”
Javier Lua Figureo moved back to his home town in Michoacán, Mexico, three years ago, after living and working in California for a dozen years. Since the pandemic hit, several of his friends and family members have followed his lead, he said.

“Things aren’t perfect in Mexico,” Figureo said in Spanish. But at least there’s access to healthcare, and some unemployment benefits for those who need it, he added. “In comparison to what it was in the US, the situation for us in Mexico right now is much better.”"
As stated by Pedro here, they are coming for the healthcare and welfare benefits.
Fuck off back to Mexico.

As stated by Pedro here, they are coming for the healthcare and welfare benefits.
Fuck off back to Mexico.

They qualify for neither. When you have to lie to make a point you have no point to make.

Forum List

Back