The US compared to other first world countries

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
Well, what is the first world? During the Cold War it was generally NATO aligned countries. I think in the present world, First World is more about wealth than about who you support.

I would not put South Africa, Mozambique, Namibia in there, as they might have been in the past.

I'm going to use Western European countries, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, the US and Canada into First World countries. I could put some richer Arab countries like Qatar (IMF says they have the largest GDP) but I think it's not just about money, it's developed both financially AND morally, and places like Qatar just don't cut it.

List of countries by income equality - Wikipedia

Income inequality.

USA 41%
New Zealand 36%
Spain 36%
Portugal 35.6%
Australia 34.9%
Italy 34.7%
UK 34.1%
Iceland 25.6%

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia

USA 4.88 per 100,000
Canada 1.68
Finland 1.6
France 1.58
Israel 1.36
Sweden 1.15
Denmark 0.99
Australia 0.98

List of countries by life expectancy - Wikipedia

USA 79.3
Denmark 80.6
Germany 81
Portugal 81.1
Finland 81.1
Belgium 81.1
UK 81.2
Ireland 81.4
Austria 81.5
Japan 83.7

Seems the US is kind of bottom of many of the lists that actually have an impact on the quality of life.

You would expect income inequality in a capitalist system. Some people do, others don't.

At least you are protecting by a Republic and a Constitution.

Last edited:
You would expect income inequality in a capitalist system. Some do, others don't. At least you are protecting by a Republic and a Constitution.

Yes you would. The problem is the US has the WORST income inequality because the govt is selling out to large corporations.

Well, what is the first world? During the Cold War it was generally NATO aligned countries. I think in the present world, First World is more about wealth than about who you support.

I would not put South Africa, Mozambique, Namibia in there, as they might have been in the past.

I'm going to use Western European countries, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, the US and Canada into First World countries. I could put some richer Arab countries like Qatar (IMF says they have the largest GDP) but I think it's not just about money, it's developed both financially AND morally, and places like Qatar just don't cut it.

Income inequality.

USA 41%
New Zealand 36%
Spain 36%
Portugal 35.6%
Australia 34.9%
Italy 34.7%
UK 34.1%
Iceland 25.6%

USA 4.88 per 100,000
Canada 1.68
Finland 1.6
France 1.58
Israel 1.36
Sweden 1.15
Denmark 0.99
Australia 0.98

USA 79.3
Denmark 80.6
Germany 81
Portugal 81.1
Finland 81.1
Belgium 81.1
UK 81.2
Ireland 81.4
Austria 81.5
Japan 83.7

Seems the US is kind of bottom of many of the lists that actually have an impact on the quality of life.

When will you be moving?

Income inequality.

USA 41%
New Zealand 36%
Spain 36%
Portugal 35.6%
Australia 34.9%
Italy 34.7%
UK 34.1%
Iceland 25.6%

USA 4.88 per 100,000
Canada 1.68
Finland 1.6
France 1.58
Israel 1.36
Sweden 1.15
Denmark 0.99
Australia 0.98

USA 79.3
Denmark 80.6
Germany 81
Portugal 81.1
Finland 81.1
Belgium 81.1
UK 81.2
Ireland 81.4
Austria 81.5
Japan 83.7

When will you be moving?

The sort of childish answer you'd expect from people who don't seem to want to improve anything ever.

The sort of childish answer you'd expect from people who don't seem to want to improve anything ever.

America just seems to be getting better and better, for me ...

nintchdbpict000280981506-e1478667522778.jpg

Income inequality.

USA 41%
New Zealand 36%
Spain 36%
Portugal 35.6%
Australia 34.9%
Italy 34.7%
UK 34.1%
Iceland 25.6%

USA 4.88 per 100,000
Canada 1.68
Finland 1.6
France 1.58
Israel 1.36
Sweden 1.15
Denmark 0.99
Australia 0.98

USA 79.3
Denmark 80.6
Germany 81
Portugal 81.1
Finland 81.1
Belgium 81.1
UK 81.2
Ireland 81.4
Austria 81.5
Japan 83.7

So if it sucks so bad, why are folks from all the other countries trying to come here, and why haven’t you left? Going by your numbers, it’s only a matter of time before a thug with an AR15 murders you.

Income inequality.

USA 41%
New Zealand 36%
Spain 36%
Portugal 35.6%
Australia 34.9%
Italy 34.7%
UK 34.1%
Iceland 25.6%

USA 4.88 per 100,000
Canada 1.68
Finland 1.6
France 1.58
Israel 1.36
Sweden 1.15
Denmark 0.99
Australia 0.98

USA 79.3
Denmark 80.6
Germany 81
Portugal 81.1
Finland 81.1
Belgium 81.1
UK 81.2
Ireland 81.4
Austria 81.5
Japan 83.7

So if it sucks so bad, why are folks from all the other countries trying to come here, and why haven’t you left? Going by your numbers, it’s only a matter of time before a thug with an AR15 murders you.

Not a thug ,but a law abiding citizen, that’s the only people they take from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would expect income inequality in a capitalist system. Some do, others don't. At least you are protecting by a Republic and a Constitution.

Yes you would. The problem is the US has the WORST income inequality because the govt is selling out to large corporations.
So which country has the most diverse population?
And then again. Why do you hate the wall so much. Seems we would be better then, keeping folks out for their own safety

Income inequality.

USA 41%
New Zealand 36%
Spain 36%
Portugal 35.6%
Australia 34.9%
Italy 34.7%
UK 34.1%
Iceland 25.6%

USA 4.88 per 100,000
Canada 1.68
Finland 1.6
France 1.58
Israel 1.36
Sweden 1.15
Denmark 0.99
Australia 0.98

USA 79.3
Denmark 80.6
Germany 81
Portugal 81.1
Finland 81.1
Belgium 81.1
UK 81.2
Ireland 81.4
Austria 81.5
Japan 83.7

Who ever said living longer equates to better quality of life?

-Geaux

Income inequality.

USA 41%
New Zealand 36%
Spain 36%
Portugal 35.6%
Australia 34.9%
Italy 34.7%
UK 34.1%
Iceland 25.6%

USA 4.88 per 100,000
Canada 1.68
Finland 1.6
France 1.58
Israel 1.36
Sweden 1.15
Denmark 0.99
Australia 0.98

USA 79.3
Denmark 80.6
Germany 81
Portugal 81.1
Finland 81.1
Belgium 81.1
UK 81.2
Ireland 81.4
Austria 81.5
Japan 83.7

Not a thug ,but a law abiding citizen, that’s the only people they take from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I keep forgetting that. Sorry. Wonder what this guy thinks about handing over his guns and being like Ireland?

FB4FDB0F-2A46-4C94-9C96-E26BCEA42936.jpeg

So is all nearly all the other 1st world countries, how fucking dumb are you?

Guess what these countries also know the cops are killing citizens at a far less rate than in US...

So is all nearly all the other 1st world countries, how fucking dumb are you?

Guess what these countries also know the cops are killing citizens at a far less rate than in US...

Truth be told, I'm pretty stupid.

I stand by my statement.

Income inequality.

USA 41%
New Zealand 36%
Spain 36%
Portugal 35.6%
Australia 34.9%
Italy 34.7%
UK 34.1%
Iceland 25.6%

USA 4.88 per 100,000
Canada 1.68
Finland 1.6
France 1.58
Israel 1.36
Sweden 1.15
Denmark 0.99
Australia 0.98

USA 79.3
Denmark 80.6
Germany 81
Portugal 81.1
Finland 81.1
Belgium 81.1
UK 81.2
Ireland 81.4
Austria 81.5
Japan 83.7

-Geaux

Have a chat with yourself...

Look at this list...
Quality of Life Index by Country 2018

Presently US is 9th but look at the reason why. Purchasing power...

What do you think is going to happen when you get rid of the cheap mexican labour (slave labour) and start a trade war? Prices are going up...

Income inequality.

USA 41%
New Zealand 36%
Spain 36%
Portugal 35.6%
Australia 34.9%
Italy 34.7%
UK 34.1%
Iceland 25.6%

USA 4.88 per 100,000
Canada 1.68
Finland 1.6
France 1.58
Israel 1.36
Sweden 1.15
Denmark 0.99
Australia 0.98

USA 79.3
Denmark 80.6
Germany 81
Portugal 81.1
Finland 81.1
Belgium 81.1
UK 81.2
Ireland 81.4
Austria 81.5
Japan 83.7

-Geaux

Look at this list...

What do you think is going to happen when you get rid of the cheap mexican labour (slave labour) and start a trade war? Prices are going up...

We have very different world views.

I grew up in poverty, abject poverty. 99%+ Canadians who are born in it, stay in it. It's the old British caste system sensibilities that look to reward the lowest of society as long as they have a history of being state patsies.

I'm not wealthy right now, though I was on the trajectory to be so, before career interference. I worked my ass off to graduate university and pursued my master while working. I wanted to succeed in my former career and did so before the Canadian Clowns interfered in my life.

Bottom line this "quality of life" indexes are for the birds. Liberty is all I and motivated people need. You MAKE your own quality of life in America. You want to pursue your wealth, educate yourself and choose your food, your activity level and lifestyle? You can do that in America. You can work hard and you have a chance, it's up to you, most outside of unexpected circumstances. In other nations, you get what you get and be happy your Overlords allowed you to have what you have. You're just a member of the state with no individual value.

In the end, there are winners and losers. People with just bad luck, others who lucked out. However, in general, you have more control of your fate in America than ANY nation on earth. Almost without question. It's why people head to America in mass numbers and many more dream of being there. People will always flock to freedom and liberty. Look in the history books, this isn't theory.

Last edited:

Income inequality.

USA 41%
New Zealand 36%
Spain 36%
Portugal 35.6%
Australia 34.9%
Italy 34.7%
UK 34.1%
Iceland 25.6%

USA 4.88 per 100,000
Canada 1.68
Finland 1.6
France 1.58
Israel 1.36
Sweden 1.15
Denmark 0.99
Australia 0.98

USA 79.3
Denmark 80.6
Germany 81
Portugal 81.1
Finland 81.1
Belgium 81.1
UK 81.2
Ireland 81.4
Austria 81.5
Japan 83.7

-Geaux

Look at this list...

I grew up in poverty, abject poverty. 99%+ Canadians who are born in it, stay in it. It's the old British caste system sensibilities that look to reward the lowest of society as long as they have a history of being state patsies.

I'm not wealthy right now, though I was on the trajectory to be so, before career interference. I worked my ass off to graduate university and pursued my master while working. I wanted to succeed in my former career and did so before the Canadian Clowns interfered in my life.

Bottom line this "quality of life" indexes are for the birds. Liberty is all I and motivated people need. You MAKE your own quality of life in America. You want to pursue your wealth, educate yourself and choose your food and lifestyle? You can do that in America. Other nations, you get what you get and be happy your Overlords allowed you to have what you have.

In the end, there are winners and losers. People with just bad luck, others who lucked out. However, in general, you have more control of your fate in America than ANY nation on earth. Almost without question. It's why people head to America in mass numbers and many more dream of being there. People will always flock to freedom and liberty. Look in the history books, this isn't theory.

US is not free as it looks.

https://object.cato.org/sites/cato....x-files/human-freedom-index-2016-update-3.pdf

Well just look at page 10-11... Canda is 6th and US is 22nd...

Income inequality.

USA 41%
New Zealand 36%
Spain 36%
Portugal 35.6%
Australia 34.9%
Italy 34.7%
UK 34.1%
Iceland 25.6%

USA 4.88 per 100,000
Canada 1.68
Finland 1.6
France 1.58
Israel 1.36
Sweden 1.15
Denmark 0.99
Australia 0.98

USA 79.3
Denmark 80.6
Germany 81
Portugal 81.1
Finland 81.1
Belgium 81.1
UK 81.2
Ireland 81.4
Austria 81.5
Japan 83.7

-Geaux

Well, you'd have to ask yourself why people aren't living so long? Usually it's because they're dying. Dying of what?

Income inequality.

USA 41%
New Zealand 36%
Spain 36%
Portugal 35.6%
Australia 34.9%
Italy 34.7%
UK 34.1%
Iceland 25.6%

USA 4.88 per 100,000
Canada 1.68
Finland 1.6
France 1.58
Israel 1.36
Sweden 1.15
Denmark 0.99
Australia 0.98

USA 79.3
Denmark 80.6
Germany 81
Portugal 81.1
Finland 81.1
Belgium 81.1
UK 81.2
Ireland 81.4
Austria 81.5
Japan 83.7

-Geaux

Look at this list...

Bottom line this "quality of life" indexes are for the birds. Liberty is all I and motivated people need. You MAKE your own quality of life in America. You want to pursue your wealth, educate yourself and choose your food and lifestyle? You can do that in America. Other nations, you get what you get and be happy your Overlords allowed you to have what you have.

US is not free as it looks.

https://object.cato.org/sites/cato....x-files/human-freedom-index-2016-update-3.pdf

Well just look at page 10-11... Canda is 6th and US is 22nd...

Want to trade nations then?

Have your people call mine and let's make it happen. All I will bring is a suitcase and a toothbrush, see you when I make my millions...

Forum List

Back