The Unsung Heroes of Hollywood Awards

You would have never figured that He would produce a son like Jackie...

For some reason your quote brought to mind somebody who is right up there with my top three: Alan Hale Sr., the Skipper's dad. Must have been that father/son thing you placed in my head.

Speaking of the Skipper (Alan Hale Jr.) last night I watched Home Town Story where he co-stared with Marilyn Monroe. Man, from Marilyn to Gilligan!
MV5BNzEwNTg2MjA4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjUzNjU2._V1_.jpg

Not sure what the deal is with the images crapping out... annoying as hell... but whatever.

Giovanni Ribisi
154bku6ylftt51bf.jpg

John Quade
John%20Quade%20%20Every%20Which%20Way%20But%20Loose%20(1978).jpg

Man... go look at this guy's profile at IMDb.... he was in EVERYTHING!

He has 111 acting credits to his name. Never in a leading role... mostly played bad guys. It's just mind-blowing at the shows he worked on.

Jayne Hazard
jayne-hazard_1319818739.jpg

This woman had a short 10 year career in the 40s. Had she come along a decade later, there may have never been a Marilyn Monroe. She was the quintessential blonde bombshell. Most of her roles, she played the drop-dead gorgeous blonde, perhaps a model or something. She was stunningly beautiful and sexy af... but she peaked during war time and never really got the shot at greatness which would follow WWII for her type of actress. She was truly ahead of her time.

Marni Nixon

Marni Nixon - IMDb

Singer behind the scenes for actresses in West Side Story, (Natalie Wood), The King and I, (Deborah Kerr), My Fair Lady, (Audrey Hepburn) and others.

as a side note, she passed away yesterday at the age of 86

Forum List

Back