The Unenforceability of abortion bans

If every fertilized ovum is a person with rights then the government can force all females capable of bearing children to get regular pregnancy tests so as to make sure there are no rights of fetuses being violated.

The state can forcibly incarcerate pregnant women who they deem aren't providing "acceptable" care for their unborn fetuses.

Are you prepared to live in that Orwellian hell?

That's not just normal bullshit. That's Incel Joe-level bullshit.

The Bill of Rights still applies, including the Fourth through Sixth Amendments. We don't get to treat anyone as a suspected criminal unless there is some affirmative probable cause to believe that a crime has been committed.

No it's the anti abortion people that keep harping on it like it's commonplace and it isn't.

The Constitution protects your right to have any medical procedure so your fixation one just one is irrational
Which clause of the Costitution?

That's not just normal bullshit. That's Incel Joe-level bullshit.

The Bill of Rights still applies, including the Fourth through Sixth Amendments. We don't get to treat anyone as a suspected criminal unless there is some affirmative probable cause to believe that a crime has been committed.

REally?

If a fetus is a person then fetal abuse is a crime. so therefore anything that the state deems as endangering the fetus is a crime.

A cop sees a pregnant woman smoking. She's arrested for fetus abuse.

So what?

We're talking law.

Yes a fertilized ovum is human but it's not yet a person and as far as the law is concerned it never will be.
Then why can people be charged with murdering a fetus if they kill a pregnant woman?

How many mothers have been arrested and prosecuted for smoking around their children, exposing them to secondhand smoke?
You tell me?

If a fetus has rights then it will be argued that the mother is forcing the fetus to smoke or drink alcohol because the fetus is part of her body.

Do you think a mother would be arrested for forcing her children to actually smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol?

Denying children food is child abuse. If a fetus has the rights of a born child then the state can deem a pregnant woman's diet as insufficient and claim she is guilty of fetus abuse.

I bet if those cases were ever brought to the Supreme Court the murder charge for killing a fetus would be found unconstitutional because a fetus isn't a person as far as the law and the Constitution are concerned
It has been this way for several decades. Without looking it up I am thinking that the issue did go through the courts.

And you think that your murderous hatred of the unborn does not make you at least as foul a bigot as the worst racist?

You're deluded.
I don't hate anyone. I leave that you you people who want to control the lives of others.

It has been this way for several decades. Without looking it up I am thinking that the issue did go through the courts.
The Supreme Court has always operated under the standard that the word person in the Constitution is referring to a born person and that is never going to change.

Forum List

Back