The third quarter is about to end – and investors are wishing the past nine months good riddance.

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Looked at your 401K?

Dow plunges and is back in a bear market​

The third quarter is about to end – and investors are wishing the past nine months good riddance. Stocks fell Thursday, giving up much of Wednesday’s big gains. The Dow was down more than 450 points, or about 1.6%, in late morning trading.

The Dow is now back in bear market territory, more than 20% below the all-time high it set in January. The S&P 500, one of the broadest measures of the health of Corporate America, fell 2.2% Thursday and has plunged about 24% this year.

Stuart Varney: Democrats will have a hard time blaming Trump for America's wealth destruction​

During his "My Take" Wednesday, "Varney & Co." host Stuart Varney discussed the impact of President Biden's economic policies on Americans' wealth, arguing 401(k)s went "straight down" after Biden took office

I don't think the next 9 months are going to be all that wonderful either. Raising interest rates is going eventually bring down inflation, plus the Fed is in the process of Quantitative Tightening (QT), meaning they are going to be pulling money off the table. I read where they're going to do that over the next 2 and a half years. But the timetable for bringing down inflation depends on whether our federal gov't can actually exhibit some kind of fiscal restraint, meaning we better vote in the GOP for one or both chambers of Congress. But either way the election goes, we are about to experience a recession or maybe a depression that won't be so easily fixed.

I don't think the next 9 months are going to be all that wonderful either. Raising interest rates is going eventually bring down inflation, plus the Fed is in the process of Quantitative Tightening (QT), meaning they are going to be pulling money off the table. I read where they're going to do that over the next 2 and a half years. But the timetable for bringing down inflation depends on whether our federal gov't can actually exhibit some kind of fiscal restraint, meaning we better vote in the GOP for one or both chambers of Congress. But either way the election goes, we are about to experience a recession or maybe a depression that won't be so easily fixed.

That's what's so discouraging, there's really no reason to be optimistic going forward.

GetWorse.jpg

Forum List

Back