The TDS replacement

WEATHER53

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2017
Well may be the jealousy fear mongering that social security and Medicare are going down the drain
Liberals love to poke at their betters. Betters who worked and did the socially responsible thing and paid for In Advance over decades for their retirement and healthcare. Lib loon moochers and their Dem masters in their sick minds are “teasing” those who did the right things. Liberals have No Where Near the responsibility level to take care of themselves right now so the future is out of the question
What needs eliminating is not the things that have already been paid for but rather the inspid,demotivational, welfare, unemployment, food stamps and housing vouchers. Therein lies all of the drain.

Well may be the jealousy fear mongering that social security and Medicare are going down the drain
Liberals love to poke at their betters. Betters who worked and did the socially responsible thing and paid for In Advance over decades for their retirement and healthcare. Lib loon moochers and their Dem masters in their sick minds are “teasing” those who did the right things. Liberals have No Where Near the responsibility level to take care of themselves right now so the future is out of the question
What needs eliminating is not the things that have already been paid for but rather the inspid,demotivational, welfare, unemployment, food stamps and housing vouchers. Therein lies all of the drain.

The Covid inspired food stamp program expires on March 1, 2023. Maybe this will inspire deadbeats to finally get a job, but I doubt it.

With food stamp cuts just days away, millions brace for higher grocery expenses​

NBC Universal
J.J. MCCORVEY AND ROB WILE
February 25, 2023, 8:08 AM
When pandemic aid that has boosted food-stamp benefits gets cut next week, millions of low-income Americans will confront smaller balances in the accounts they use to pay for groceries, leaving food banks bracing for a spike in demand.
As of March 1, the emergency allotment for individuals and households enrolled in the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, will end in 32 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
That means recipient households will see their monthly grocery allocations reduced by at least $95, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a left-leaning research and policy think tank. In daily terms, that equates to trimming the roughly $9 per-person average to about $6.10. And the change comes when food prices in January were had increased 10% over the same month last year.
Charles Jones, a 63-year-old U.S. military veteran based in Rockford, Illinois, received an enhanced monthly SNAP benefit of $281 under the temporary program. After it ends next week, his payments will plummet to $23 — the minimum monthly amount.
“When they cut this extra benefit from SNAP, that’s going to put me in a serious problem,” he said.

The Covid inspired food stamp program expires on March 1, 2023. Maybe this will inspire deadbeats to finally get a job, but I doubt it.

With food stamp cuts just days away, millions brace for higher grocery expenses​

NBC Universal
When pandemic aid that has boosted food-stamp benefits gets cut next week, millions of low-income Americans will confront smaller balances in the accounts they use to pay for groceries, leaving food banks bracing for a spike in demand.
As of March 1, the emergency allotment for individuals and households enrolled in the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, will end in 32 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
That means recipient households will see their monthly grocery allocations reduced by at least $95, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a left-leaning research and policy think tank. In daily terms, that equates to trimming the roughly $9 per-person average to about $6.10. And the change comes when food prices in January were had increased 10% over the same month last year.
Charles Jones, a 63-year-old U.S. military veteran based in Rockford, Illinois, received an enhanced monthly SNAP benefit of $281 under the temporary program. After it ends next week, his payments will plummet to $23 — the minimum monthly amount.
“When they cut this extra benefit from SNAP, that’s going to put me in a serious problem,” he said.

They can always sell drugs or be whores.

I do not wish to do that which will feed me.
You feed me and pay for it.
Lib 101

NBC Universal
That's really kinda bad at a time when grocery prices are 80-100% higher than they should be.

I expect a lot of angst and feelings of insecurity from people on food stamps. Some of it justified.

Truth be known, they spend a lot more on groceries than I do. I watch everything, dammit!

Eating cheap a lot so one can eat what they want when they want or take people out to dinner n stuff is something good to learn how to do.

Always doing prudent shopping is NOT a bad policy. That reminds me, I need to prep a sirloin roast for overnight marination.

Gonna procrastinate teh Spanish Bean Soup a little bit mo'. That'll cost a little under $20 in new stuff along with what I already have.

It makes a LOT, though. I can share with all kinds of people, and people share other things with me, that way nobody's eating the same thing all the time.

A lot of times things taste better when you didn't have to cook 'em.

Last edited:
Follow the sales at the stores, eat leftovers for lunch, and once a week treat yourself to a nice dinner out.
You will find then very little difference in your grocery tab
Undisciplined and math ignorant lib loons like to buy on a whim. Get that NY Strip for $17 per pound instead of next week when it’s $6.99.
Buy a bag of cat litter at the 7 11 where it’s $9 a bag instead of $3.99 at the Giant.
Do this week after week, year after year and on a marginal lame brained income and you are then chirping for other peoples money and food assistance.
Thinkers plan and sometimes do without but that requires discipline, thought and responsibility

Forum List

Back