The story of the shooting that DIDN'T happen...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I suspect many of you never heard much about the story of Blaec Lammers.

So much of the story mirrors the Douglas School Shooting, another 20 year old with some mental troubles who purchased guns and said they were going to commit a mass shooting...except here, nobody dropped the ball.

A 20-year-old Missouri man was charged Friday with planning a mass shooting this weekend at either a screening of the latest Twilight movie or a local Walmart.

Blaec Lammers, of Bolivar, is accused of buying assault rifles and more than 400 rounds of ammunition in a plot mimicking the July mass shooting that killed 12 and wounded 57 at an Aurora, Colo., theater showing the premiere of the latest Batman movie, the Springfield News-Leader reports.

Lammers was charged with first-degree assault, making a terroristic threat and armed criminal action. He is being held on $500,000 bail.

His mother contacted police Thursday, saying Lammers had bought assault weapons and ammunition, and was concerned he "may have intentions of shooting people at the movie...

Mo. man charged with plotting 'Twilight' mass shooting
He was sentenced to 15 years in prison.

And in their infinite wisdom, our local liberal newspaper blamed the police and the criminal justice system.

Behind bars for just thinking?

So, what's the correct course of action? Do they have to actually kill someone before they can be put away? That is the legal dilemma...

So much of the story mirrors the Douglas School Shooting, another 20 year old with some mental troubles who purchased guns and said they were going to commit a mass shooting...except here, nobody dropped the ball.

A 20-year-old Missouri man was charged Friday with planning a mass shooting this weekend at either a screening of the latest Twilight movie or a local Walmart.

Blaec Lammers, of Bolivar, is accused of buying assault rifles and more than 400 rounds of ammunition in a plot mimicking the July mass shooting that killed 12 and wounded 57 at an Aurora, Colo., theater showing the premiere of the latest Batman movie, the Springfield News-Leader reports.

Lammers was charged with first-degree assault, making a terroristic threat and armed criminal action. He is being held on $500,000 bail.

His mother contacted police Thursday, saying Lammers had bought assault weapons and ammunition, and was concerned he "may have intentions of shooting people at the movie...

And in their infinite wisdom, our local liberal newspaper blamed the police and the criminal justice system.

So, what's the correct course of action? Do they have to actually kill someone before they can be put away? That is the legal dilemma...

I saw not a songle thing "liberal" about that artivle. It was a good piece of journalism, actually. And, ironically, it raises precusely the same question you raise in your thread....you filthy, flaming liberal.....

My answer? Take away all weapons, then figure it out.

I saw not a songle thing "liberal" about that artivle. It was a good piece of journalism, actually. And, ironically, it raises precusely the same question you raise in your thread....you filthy, flaming liberal.....

Take away all weapons FROM HIM, or from everybody?

I've made my decision...obvious by the wording of the post. The question is for your benefit, knowing what we know now.

Also, had the FBI and Broward County Sheriff's Office not blown it and instead handled the case like Polk County Sheriff's Office , Missouri, we wouldn't have had a school shooting and those 17 students would still be alive.

Either way we are in uncharted waters here.

Where did he say he was going to commit a mass shooting?

Sorry...from him.

Forum List

Back