“the smell of freedom”.

Used to be that way.
If you didn’t like breathing in the filth, you were expected to avoid restaurants, movie theaters, bars..even your workplace

Then we got smarter and forced those who create the stink to go elsewhere. Even in their own home they are forced to hunker down in the cold and rain so the rest of the family doesn’t have to deal with their filthy habit
Maybe you should just wear a mask all the time.

Cigar smoking (the subject of the OP) isn't anywhere near as potentially problematic health-wise as cigarette smoking.

And, yes, the claims -while not entirely untrue- are wildly exaggerated.
Cigar smoking still causes throat and mouth cancers.
It stinks more than a traditional cigarette and is more offensive.

Cigar smoking still causes throat and mouth cancers.
It stinks more than a traditional cigarette and is more offensive.

So don't smoke cigars.,

In many cities there are exemptions to the indoor smoking laws specifically for cigar bars but since you don't smoke you don't have to go to those places do you?

So don't smoke cigars.,

In many cities there are exemptions to the indoor smoking laws specifically for cigar bars but since you don't smoke you don't have to go to those places do you?

So, keep your Stink to yourself

People can still smoke in their own homes.

Funny when I drive past the house of a smoker on a cold or rainy day and see the so called “Man of the House” hunched over outside trying to smoke his cigarette
Or when I see them driving with a cigarette dangling outside the window

The wife won’t allow it around the kids

Last edited:

In next weeks episode Tucker explains why its safe for kids to suck lead as an expression of their freedom.

Hard to think of a more GOP decision that they could make. Maybe they could start piping car exhaust fumes into the chamber and enjoy that "smell of freedom" ?

Last year the cons were laughing at stupid teenagers who were sucking pods of detergent. This year they have surpassed them.
Taint is worked up now because a congressman is able to puff a cigar in his own congressional office and because Tucker Carlson advocates for freedom.

Taint no like freedom.

Funny when I drive past the house of a smoker on a cold or rainy day and see the so called “Man of the House” hunched over outside trying to smoke his cigarette

The wife won’t allow it around the kids they
When the pubs banned smoking over here they all erected little smoking hutches outside. You see the poor smokers out there in all sorts of weather.
Its a terrible addiction.

Taint is worked up now because a congressman is able to puff a cigar in his own congressional office and because Tucker Carlson advocates for freedom.

Taint no like freedom.
It is not “his office”
He did not pay for it.

It is paid for by the taxpayers and we should hold them to the same rules as every other government worker in a government building.

Taint no like freedom.
Its selfishness I have a problem with. Or to give it its real name - conservatism.

It is not “his office”
He did not pay for it.

It is paid for by the taxpayers and we should hold them to the same rules as every other government worker in a government building.
It is of course his office during his term. And he is now in compliance with the applicable rules. You and taint don’t like it? Tough shit.

It is of course his office during his term. And he is now in compliance with the applicable rules. You and taint don’t like it? Tough shit.
No it is the office we are letting him use
He deserves no special privileges

I am surprised that the unions have allowed this. They should be protecting their members health better than this.

Ain't the Union's duty. That's YOUR responsibility.

Which YOU failed, miserably.

No it is the office we are letting him use
He deserves no special privileges
As I said his “congressional office.” And Congress makes the rules for those offices and the use to which they are out. Congress has said that his behavior is ok.

If your present argument is that Congress should have no authority or ability to exempt itself from the laws they write for the rest of the nation, you are free to make that argument.

But be careful. Congress wouldn’t like that. They exempt themselves from a lot of what legislate.

Or when I see them driving with a cigarette dangling outside the window

The wife won’t allow it around the kids
I teach my kids courage, while others teach theirs cowardice.

Forum List

Back