The simple brilliance of Darwin's revelation

So for the first time in Human History, indeed the history of Life on the planet, the lesser of the species is out reproducing the stronger.
Surely this problem will reach some kind of equilibrium eventually? What's your vision of how this might play out?

We will probably augment ourselves with technology eventually. We are close to being able to engineer our own evolution.
Our biology is and evolutionary cludge. A complete mess. Once we're able we'll to, we'll build the next generations with intelligent design. We will become gods.

Our biology is and evolutionary cludge. A complete mess. Once we're able we'll to, we'll build the next generations with intelligent design. We will become gods.
I actually believe we're only a lifetime or two away from being able to scientifically produce functional immortality. Why not? Once we master DNA and unlock the secrets of our brains I don't see what could possibly stop us from that.

I actually believe we're only a lifetime or two away from being able to scientifically produce functional immortality. Why not? Once we master DNA and unlock the secrets of our brains I don't see what could possibly stop us from that.
I think it will be a race between perfecting our biology and us becoming our AI. I think AI will win in the long run.

It means you need to keep your bible thumping out of a science related thread.
At least, you're somewhat open minded and not a troll and name caller like Wuwei in a science thread. He lost to me in a science discussion and I can only guess he will be bitter forever.

Based on creation science, natural selection is a natural process created by God where we observe a certain genotype (the genetic makeup of an organism or group of organisms) that has pre-existed and has gradually adapted to one particular environment. Certain environmental factors behave as a selection pressure that weeds out other genetic traits that are unsuitable. The result is those that carry unsuitable genotypes are eventually removed from the gene pool.

Surely this problem will reach some kind of equilibrium eventually? What's your vision of how this might play out?
It's going to get ugly and very controversial.
ie, the Chinese who are not bound by our social mores have been doing lots of work, genes are being found.
High IQ probability already available in many of our commercial genetic tests. (based on Plomin's work I think)
Nothing Holy Grail yet, but it's coming.

You are going to have significant genetic manipulation in China first, then here.
A significant population of 160-200 IQers or even higher.
Of course people with high IQs (135+) and very High IQs (160+) there is trouble with social adjustment, but the innovations they can bring will be remarkable, and chess (and maybe college admissions) will need a new 'gender' for the 'manipulated brain' group.
Not to mention physics and weapons work.

Will be fun to watch. Lots of controversy coming, but that will enable those behind to catch up.

But FIRST there will be Social upheaval/HELL to pay when they prove what they already know about who has those genes.
Oh baby, the most taboo subject there is is race and IQ. Specifically that of the difference between the 'big two' in this country. Though those two are not nearly the furthest apart/not top and bottom. (only 15 pts, while at the extremes it can be 50 points)
They will try and hide it first, and are already probably doing so.
Some of the genes for IQ are already being identified, just no one has the balls to post who/what group has them in what frequency... and ruin his life.

`

Last edited:
So you believe in natural selection but not evolution. There is abundant evidence that climate has changed dramatically over time. Africa today is much drier in many places than it was previous. If the environment changes, what is the effect of natural selection?
We both know the effect would be short-term migration or death to the animals. What do you think natural selection would do?

So you believe in natural selection but not evolution.
I've said it many times that evolution is only right about natural selection. It galls me the atheist posters here steal it from God's creation and then hate me when I point out that it didn't happen by evolution. I mean I recognize there are two religions and sciences working here, but the atheists and their scientists intellectually discard creation as a theory or science.

ie, the Chinese who are not bound by our social mores have been doing lots of work, genes are being found.
High IQ probability already available in many of our commercial genetic tests. (based on Plomin's work I think)

You are going to have significant genetic manipulation in China first, then here.
Of course people with high IQs (135+) and very High IQs (160+) there is trouble with social adjustment, but the innovations they can bring will be remarkable, and chess (and maybe college admissions) will need a new 'gender' for the 'manipulated brain' group.

Will be fun to watch. Lots of controversy coming, but that will enable those behind to catch up.

But FIRST there will be Social upheaval/HELL to pay when they prove what they already know about who has those genes.
Oh baby, the most taboo subject there is is race and IQ. Specifically that of the difference between the 'big two' in this country. Though those two are not nearly the furthest apart/not top and bottom. (only 15 pts, while at the extremes it can be 50 points)
Some of the genes for IQ are already being identified, just no one has the balls to post who/what group has them in what frequency... and ruin his life.

`
The Bible states...

I know, I know, but hear me out.

It states (prophecy) what you just said and that there will be a huge leap in the technology field of science. Prepare to live in utopia in the short run.

`
I've seen you catch shit a number of times for trying to discuss this issue. It seems rather obvious that you're right if you have even the most basic understanding of how evolution works. It sucks that it has to be so controversial when science challenges preconceived notions about people. These things may seem bad-spirited to some people, but they're not. Knowledge is important. Understanding reality is important, even if it's uncomfortable at times.

Last edited:
Thanks but it all holds together Including IQ, it's not an evolutionary exception, it's a vital consequence OF natural selection in different and more demanding intellectual environments.
No, that would not be natural selection or evolution. That is more like a population being fatter because they are more sedentary and/ or have a fattier Diet.

That's just another old PC trope: "IQ only measures IQ."
This is not a good substitute for an actual counter argument. An appropriate counter to your trope would be to say that it's a favorite Trope of racists who refused to acknowledge, for the purpose of the expediency of their racist beliefs, that IQ tests are limited in what they actually measure.

But i would rather deal in facts and arguments than in bumper stickers. Lets deal in facts and argument. The ball is in your court, as you have yet to account for mine.

I've seen you catch shit a number of times for trying to discuss this issue. It seems rather obvious that you're right if you have even the most basic understanding of how evolution works. It's sad that people are not willing to allow science to challenge preconceived notions about people. These things may seem bad-spirited to some people, but they're not. Knowledge is important. Understanding reality is important, even if it's uncomfortable at times.

The biggest issue in this country today (besides C19), is race/ism.
The PC line being taught everywhere is that we are all equal in all respects (even basketball, LOL)
And ergo..
If there are different life outcomes/success it must be racism.
(and that having failed, institutional racism, but in fact there's institutional reverse racism in college admissions and jobs)
(and that having failed 'just being born white/white privilege)

So we rip ourselves as liberal non-racist whites apart to try and avoid the very unpleasant/unthinkable truth that we are not all created equal in all respects.
Eugenics will surely follow they say. (we already thankfully have soft eugenics in the term called abortion since 1972. Otherwise the prisons would have two or three times their current population and IQ gap even higher)
But in fact groups have different relative advantages and disadvantages.
No need for the polarizing terms like superior/inferior/supremacist.

The world needs more Ashkenazi Jewish 100M dash winners and NBA centers. (Good luck with that)
And other groups need more theoretical physicists and World Chess Champions. (Good luck with that)
But the dice/genes are loaded.
`

IQ tests are limited in what they actually measure.
They are the best we have, and they continue to be improved upon. The results Abu speaks of are not changing as our understanding of intelligence becomes more complex. Maybe they will eventually but not so far.

This country is ripping itself apart with the liberal assumption (egalitarianism) everyone is the same and the only outcome difference must be Racism (even when/where there is none or reverse of it), when in fact it's brains, which are btw, 75% HERITABLE.
That stupid and wrong and not a single person alive believes amy of that. Liberals and secular humanists want to guarantee equal opportunity, not equal outcomes. Simple minded, vapid garbage on your part.

Liberals and secular humanists want to guarantee equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.
I don't know if I agree with that. They may not want to make outcomes exactly the same, but they certainly want to linearize outcome possibility in the hopes of making life easier and more enjoyable for people at large. Would you dispute that?

They are the best we have, and they continue to be improved upon.
The best... What? I am not criticizing the methods. I am stating that people should not overstate what information these tests actually provide.

As an individual's life experience can greatly affect an IQ test result, clearly we cannot draw a simple 1 to 1 causal effect between IQ and genetics. IQ tests may have their uses, but determining whether the individuals of one ethnic group are inherently destined from conception to be more intelligent than the individuals of another ethnic group is not one of them.

Last edited:
determining whether the individuals one ethical group are inherently destined from conception to be more intelligent than the individuals of another ethical group is not one of them.
Does the possibility seem unlikely? Would it really be surprising to find out that some races are smarter or stronger than others because of the environment they underwent evolution in? It seems extremely plausible to me.

At least, you're somewhat open minded and not a troll and name caller like Wuwei in a science thread. He lost to me in a science discussion and I can only guess he will be bitter forever.

Based on creation science, natural selection is a natural process created by God where we observe a certain genotype (the genetic makeup of an organism or group of organisms) that has pre-existed and has gradually adapted to one particular environment. Certain environmental factors behave as a selection pressure that weeds out other genetic traits that are unsuitable. The result is those that carry unsuitable genotypes are eventually removed from the gene pool.
As a religious extremist, it’s obvious why you insist on such heavy handed proselytizing but as noted before, the science forum is not the place for your Bible thumping.

I might dispute that, if i had any idea whatsoever what you mean.
The left wants to take care of people. They want to minimize how much people suffer for their ignorance. Many of them also want to take from the wealthy and give to the poor in some sense. Does that not come from a desire for equal outcomes? Is it not related?

Forum List

Back