The SAT Gap

The Widening Racial Scoring Gap on the SAT College Admissions Test
the tests have to be manipulated for blacks the get higher writing test scores

So what is your point? I would venture a guess that you personally did not score as highly as the majority of the black posters in this forum......if you even took the SAT at all.

really? tell me more about myself

seems you are the resident expert on white people

I would not insult white people in general by comparing you to them.

I was addressing you as an individual.

you are pissed off b/c you know it's the truth :rock:

LMAO! Im pissed off because "you" think I am an expert on white people? Now that's a dumb thought.....even for you.
your IQ deficit is showing as is your achievement gap, SAT gap , state test gap, incarceration gap and morality gap

So what is your point? I would venture a guess that you personally did not score as highly as the majority of the black posters in this forum......if you even took the SAT at all.

really? tell me more about myself

seems you are the resident expert on white people

I would not insult white people in general by comparing you to them.

I was addressing you as an individual.

you are pissed off b/c you know it's the truth :rock:

LMAO! Im pissed off because "you" think I am an expert on white people? Now that's a dumb thought.....even for you.
your IQ deficit is showing as is your achievement gap, SAT gap , state test gap, incarceration gap and morality gap

I personally have no deficit in any of those categories. Grew up in a household headed by two working parents, never been incarcerated, graduated from high school and college in the top percentile of my class, and have been married to the same woman for many years, and have put our son snd daughter through college.

So don't try to project the defects in your gene pool and your conscientious stupidy upon me.

Since you are posting what you believe to be statistics on "achievement gaps",

what did you major in when you attended college? If so, what was the subject of your Masters thesis on?

What field do you work in?

And I mean YOU personally, not the average person in your demographic.

I will bet the farm that you will evade those questions.

Last edited:
Really? So the only reason White and Asian kids score so much higher on the SAT is because they cheat? Is that what you guys are saying? That is really weak, even for Liberals. There may be a very small percentage of cheaters that have a ringer take an SAT test for them. I assume that is what you mean by cheating. Otherwise there IS a big gap between minority test scores and White/Asian scores. It is not due to widespread cheating. If you refuse to admit there is a problem, then you will never fix the problem.

Really? So the only reason White and Asian kids score so much higher on the SAT is because they cheat? Is that what you guys are saying? That is really weak, even for Liberals. There may be a very small percentage of cheaters that have a ringer take an SAT test for them. I assume that is what you mean by cheating. Otherwise there IS a big gap between minority test scores and White/Asian scores. It is not due to widespread cheating. If you refuse to admit there is a problem, then you will never fix the problem.
Political correctness allows for no other explaination. Since blacks score so low political correctness defaults to the position that all other groups must be cheating. The veracity of any such claim is secondary to its presumed mitigation of the results.

It is far more dogmatic than factual.

No its not the only reason. There are other reasons but thats the main one. Those 2 groups cheat the most. They also have higher scores. Not to difficult to see whats going on. Who told you only a small percentage cheat? Do you mean to say the ones that get caught make up a small percentage of the total number.?

No its not the only reason. There are other reasons but thats the main one. Those 2 groups cheat the most. They also have higher scores. Not to difficult to see whats going on. Who told you only a small percentage cheat? Do you mean to say the ones that get caught make up a small percentage of the total number.?

This is the conclusion of the College Board examination on the extent of SAT cheating:

It is estimated that every year, the College Board flags 2,500 cases of scores that look suspect. After further investigation, approximately 1,000 of those cases result in the students’ test scores being “withheld.” (As policy, the Board doesn’t accuse kids of cheating; it just refuses to send the suspect scores to colleges—at least not without a giant scarlet asterisk.)

Tom Ewing, a spokesperson for ETS, the company that designs, administers, and ensures test security of the SAT, could only recall two other situations involving impersonation over the last 20 years. Both resulted in criminal convictions, including one count of perjury when the impersonator testified.

But 2,500 suspected cheats out of 2.25 million kids who take the test annually is a pretty insignificant percentage: one-tenth of 1 percent.

This is the conclusion of the College Board examination on the extent of SAT cheating:

It is estimated that every year, the College Board flags 2,500 cases of scores that look suspect. After further investigation, approximately 1,000 of those cases result in the students’ test scores being “withheld.” (As policy, the Board doesn’t accuse kids of cheating; it just refuses to send the suspect scores to colleges—at least not without a giant scarlet asterisk.)

Tom Ewing, a spokesperson for ETS, the company that designs, administers, and ensures test security of the SAT, could only recall two other situations involving impersonation over the last 20 years. Both resulted in criminal convictions, including one count of perjury when the impersonator testified.

But 2,500 suspected cheats out of 2.25 million kids who take the test annually is a pretty insignificant percentage: one-tenth of 1 percent.
What are they basing this 2500 on? Did you ever ask that question? If they admitted that a lot of people cheat they wouldnt make any money. The legitimacy of the test is at stake. Do you really think they are going to slit their own throats?

Ask who, my friend on the College Board? Come on now, like any agency dealing with millions of submissions they have a prediction model that is designed to flag suspicious data. Is there some other study I missed that indicates a much larger percentage of cheating on the SAT?

Ask who, my friend on the College Board? Come on now, like any agency dealing with millions of submissions they have a prediction model that is designed to flag suspicious data. Is there some other study I missed that indicates a much larger percentage of cheating on the SAT?
We dont really need other studies. We already know that whites and Asians cheat on them all the time with the involvement of their parents in a lot of cases. You have to prove thats not true if you expect me to take your view as seriously. The people making the most money off the tests are not credible as sources.

So you don't need data because "we" (whoever "we" is) already "know" Whites and Asians cheat. And you require that I prove a negative before you can take me seriously. Ok, I'm going out on a limb here and say that you may be exhibiting some bias on this subject.

So you don't need data because "we" (whoever "we" is) already "know" Whites and Asians cheat. And you require that I prove a negative before you can take me seriously. Ok, I'm going out on a limb here and say that you may be exhibiting some bias on this subject.
What are you talking about? We already have data. I said we dont need more studies. We have plenty already.

African immigrants out-graduate American Caucasians and Asians[/QUOTE]That's odd because BlackImmigrants (closely followed by Hispanics{
African immigrants out-graduate American Caucasians and Asians
Deep in your heart-of-darkness it is likely you’ve noticed the well-publicized and continuous failure of African-American K-12 students to read and write as well as ‘real’ people. You may well have made note of black youths’ statistically undeniable proclivity for gun violence, unrepentant fashion, and bad TV. If so, you may have also ascribed these socially inconvenient attributes to some type of unspeakable genetic code. If that is the case, do be careful not to reflect on these matters in mixed company, that is unless, you are a Hell’s Angels biker babe or a neo-Nazi skinhead. In the unicorn world we live in, free thought is a luxury we cannot afford when the price is offending someone or a protected species. Nonetheless, there certainly seems to be some correlation between atrocious academic performance and skin color. If sub-par ACT and SAT test scores are not affected by skin pigmentation, then perhaps urban zip codes are the culprit. Those of you who secretly believe that black folk can’t learn too good, and I have encountered several K-12 teachers that do, take a look the data on true Africans, who’ve immigrated to the United States.

According to U.S. Census Bureau data, in an analysis performed by the Journal of Blacks in Higher Education, African immigrants here were more likely to be college educated than any other immigrant group. Not only that, but African immigrants are also more highly educated than any other native-born ethnic group including white Americans. (Gasp) The 48.9% of all African immigrants that have earned a college degree is slightly higher than the percentage of degreed Asian immigrants, twice the rate of native-born whites, and four times the rate of native-born African Americans.

Of the African-born population in the United States age 25 and older, 86.4% reported having a high school diploma or higher, compared with 78. 9% of Asian-born immigrants, and 76.5% of European-born immigrants, respectively. These figures contrast with 61.8% percent of the total foreign-born population. Immigrantgroups in general tend to have higher high school graduation rates than the native-born general American population which averages about 70%.
Africans from Ghana (96.9 percent), Zimbabwe (96.7 percent), Botswana (95.5 percent), and Malawi (95 percent) were the most likely to report having a high school degree or higher. Those born in Cape Verde (44.8 percent) and Mauritania (60.8 percent) were the least likely to report having completed a high school education.Of the European-born those born in Bulgaria (92.6 percent), Switzerland (90.5 percent), and Ireland (90.4 percent) were the most likely to report having a high school degree or higher. Those born in Portugal (42.9 percent), Italy (53.7 percent), and Greece (59.9 percent) were the least likely to report having completed a high school education.
Of the Asian-born, Mongolia (94.8 percent), Kuwait (94.7 percent), the United Arab Emirates (94.5 percent), and Qatar (94.3 percent) were most likely to report having a high school degree or higher. Those born in Laos (48.1 percent), Cambodia (48.4 percent), and Yemen (49.9 percent) were the least likely to report having completed a high school education.
It stands to reason, as few things do anymore, that the personal incomes of African immigrants exceeds that of African-Americans. When stationed in East Africa, I found Kenyans, Ugandans, and Congolese to be both intellectually competitive and highly industrious. Unfortunately the economies of these countries provide little occupational opportunity for their citizens, and that is why nearly 900,000 have left the Dark Continent to settle in the States. There were times that it felt like half of that number personally asked me to help them secure a visa to America.

The actionable point I am making here is that this anecdotal evidence refutes the insinuations in the Bell Curve and suggests very strongly that skin color is not a causal factor in the perpetuation of the black-white academic achievement gap.

If not, then uh, what is?
That's funny, because Black Immigrants and their USA born children (closely Followed by Hispanics 46.9%) have the Highest Poverty/Near Poverty rate of ANY Group.
51.9%.
More than Double the White and Asian Rate.

Immigrants who can afford to/do make it from "Africa alone" is Bad Sampling: Cream-of-crop self-selection.
ie, have a higher graduation rate BECAUSE they ARE here TO go to college.

2012-profile-t10.jpg

EDIT:
Note the ContentLESS reply/troll by aSleepyAss below.
Only more proof of the OP Hypothesis.
My Facts are "racism".

Having aSleepyass argue for Black IQ is like having Osama argue Islam is peaceful!
`

Last edited:
That's odd because BlackImmigrants (closely followed by Hispanics{
Deep in your heart-of-darkness it is likely you’ve noticed the well-publicized and continuous failure of African-American K-12 students to read and write as well as ‘real’ people. You may well have made note of black youths’ statistically undeniable proclivity for gun violence, unrepentant fashion, and bad TV. If so, you may have also ascribed these socially inconvenient attributes to some type of unspeakable genetic code. If that is the case, do be careful not to reflect on these matters in mixed company, that is unless, you are a Hell’s Angels biker babe or a neo-Nazi skinhead. In the unicorn world we live in, free thought is a luxury we cannot afford when the price is offending someone or a protected species. Nonetheless, there certainly seems to be some correlation between atrocious academic performance and skin color. If sub-par ACT and SAT test scores are not affected by skin pigmentation, then perhaps urban zip codes are the culprit. Those of you who secretly believe that black folk can’t learn too good, and I have encountered several K-12 teachers that do, take a look the data on true Africans, who’ve immigrated to the United States.

According to U.S. Census Bureau data, in an analysis performed by the Journal of Blacks in Higher Education, African immigrants here were more likely to be college educated than any other immigrant group. Not only that, but African immigrants are also more highly educated than any other native-born ethnic group including white Americans. (Gasp) The 48.9% of all African immigrants that have earned a college degree is slightly higher than the percentage of degreed Asian immigrants, twice the rate of native-born whites, and four times the rate of native-born African Americans.

Of the African-born population in the United States age 25 and older, 86.4% reported having a high school diploma or higher, compared with 78. 9% of Asian-born immigrants, and 76.5% of European-born immigrants, respectively. These figures contrast with 61.8% percent of the total foreign-born population. Immigrantgroups in general tend to have higher high school graduation rates than the native-born general American population which averages about 70%.
Africans from Ghana (96.9 percent), Zimbabwe (96.7 percent), Botswana (95.5 percent), and Malawi (95 percent) were the most likely to report having a high school degree or higher. Those born in Cape Verde (44.8 percent) and Mauritania (60.8 percent) were the least likely to report having completed a high school education.Of the European-born those born in Bulgaria (92.6 percent), Switzerland (90.5 percent), and Ireland (90.4 percent) were the most likely to report having a high school degree or higher. Those born in Portugal (42.9 percent), Italy (53.7 percent), and Greece (59.9 percent) were the least likely to report having completed a high school education.
Of the Asian-born, Mongolia (94.8 percent), Kuwait (94.7 percent), the United Arab Emirates (94.5 percent), and Qatar (94.3 percent) were most likely to report having a high school degree or higher. Those born in Laos (48.1 percent), Cambodia (48.4 percent), and Yemen (49.9 percent) were the least likely to report having completed a high school education.
It stands to reason, as few things do anymore, that the personal incomes of African immigrants exceeds that of African-Americans. When stationed in East Africa, I found Kenyans, Ugandans, and Congolese to be both intellectually competitive and highly industrious. Unfortunately the economies of these countries provide little occupational opportunity for their citizens, and that is why nearly 900,000 have left the Dark Continent to settle in the States. There were times that it felt like half of that number personally asked me to help them secure a visa to America.

The actionable point I am making here is that this anecdotal evidence refutes the insinuations in the Bell Curve and suggests very strongly that skin color is not a causal factor in the perpetuation of the black-white academic achievement gap.

If not, then uh, what is?
That's funny, because Black Immigrants and their families (closely Followed by Hispanics) have the Highest Poverty/Near Poverty rate of ANY Group.
51.9%

2012-profile-t10.jpg
[/QUOTE]
More proof of discrimination and racism. Thanks for validating that.

Forum List

Back