The Saga of Jimmy Carter

PC continues to froth. What a wonderful country that she can trot her opinions out and show off.

Show and tell.

Now, hold on while I get my pencils note paper so that I can jot down all the facts, perceptions, insight your posts provide.....the nuance...the logic....

Waiting.....

1. Translation: every bit of the OP is true, correct, unassailable except via a hit-and-run hot air bloviation such as you posted.

I plan to add three or four more panels, as I have time, designed to support and amplify the thesis.....

....and you will be just as unable to handle them as you were with this one.

2. "BTW, It says alot (sic) about you that Ann Coulter is your hero."

I blush at the comparison.

A brilliant woman, with 10 or 11 well documented scholarly tomes, best sellers, on her resume.

Which ones have you read?
Oh....none?
But you have strong opinions about Queen Ann? How very Liberal of you.

3. "....the debating technique of drowning the opponent in such a torrent of half-truths, lies, and straw-man arguments that the opponent cannot possibly answer every falsehood in real time."

Translation: 'If I had the depth of education that you have....I might be able to answer all that stuff that I hate!!!"

Actually, if you had the education that I have, you'd be a conservative and agree with what I post.

Well Documented? Ann Coulters books are well documented? Stop.....You're killing me, I can't stop laughing!

Which one of her books did you read? I have only read two of them and they were quite factual IMHO.

Seems our pal Dust has scampered away rather than continue to be embarrassed...

...but no sooner does on bite the "Dust" than another dunce appears: see post #20.

Drew Closer in that:

Almost immediately upon taking office, however, President Roosevelt moved to establish formal diplomatic relations between the United States and the Soviet Union. His reasons for doing so were complex, but the decision was based on several primary factors. Roosevelt hoped that recognition of the Soviet Union would serve U.S. strategic interests by limiting Japanese expansionism in Asia, and he believed that full diplomatic recognition would serve American commercial interests in the Soviet Union, a matter of some concern to an Administration grappling with the effects of the Great Depression. Finally, the United States was the only major power that continued to withhold official diplomatic recognition from the Soviet Union.

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1921-1936/ussr

Embraced, covered for, or excused, not so much. Especially after 1939 and Stalin's agreement with the Nazis. Only after 1941 did FDR again find a common cause in defeating the Nazis.

Carter certainly reversed his policy of Détente after the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Recall it was the Carter Doctrine that Bush expanded into his Pre-Emptive Doctrine.

Considering that ideologues mimic their "well documented" sound-bites into their books and I am cursed having a wife and son who, to spite me, listen to Fox, Ann Coulter is a baffoon of the highest order.

".... a wife and son who, to spite me,..."

They say opposites attract, and, in your Mrs. you seem to have found exactly that: one who is attractive, honest, intelligent, and cultured.

Her one flaw is in selection of mates.

PC, that is so dumb and off the wall it is hard to formulate a reasonable response. Your history is so distorted, were you home schooled? You live in so weird an imaginary world, you make Soviet propaganda look good.

================= OT

"Well, I have been studying the Republican Party for over 12 years at close hand in the Capital of the United States. And by this time, I have discovered where the Republicans stand on most of the major issues. Since they won't tell you themselves, I am going to tell you." Truman Library - Public Papers of the Presidents: Harry S. Truman

'Don’t believe the hype: Health insurers think Obamacare is going to be fine' By Sarah Kliff
Don?t believe the hype: Health insurers think Obamacare is going to be fine
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2013/12/obamacare-cast.jpeg

"Capitalism did not eradicate smallpox. It just doesn’t know how. Polio eradication is a work in progress, but it's not being done by markets. So the childhood death reduction, the nutrition improvements, those are overwhelmingly aid-driven." Bill Gates Bill Gates: ?Capitalism did not eradicate smallpox?

Considering that ideologues mimic their "well documented" sound-bites into their books and I am cursed having a wife and son who, to spite me, listen to Fox, Ann Coulter is a baffoon of the highest order.

They say opposites attract, and, in your Mrs. you seem to have found exactly that: one who is attractive, honest, intelligent, and cultured.

So what exactly has Ms Coulter said lately in 100 pages that someone else couldn't say in under 25 words?

Can one of the righties say "Bush isnt President anymore" so we can all have a good laugh at the irony

Drew Closer in that:

Almost immediately upon taking office, however, President Roosevelt moved to establish formal diplomatic relations between the United States and the Soviet Union. His reasons for doing so were complex, but the decision was based on several primary factors. Roosevelt hoped that recognition of the Soviet Union would serve U.S. strategic interests by limiting Japanese expansionism in Asia, and he believed that full diplomatic recognition would serve American commercial interests in the Soviet Union, a matter of some concern to an Administration grappling with the effects of the Great Depression. Finally, the United States was the only major power that continued to withhold official diplomatic recognition from the Soviet Union.

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1921-1936/ussr

Embraced, covered for, or excused, not so much. Especially after 1939 and Stalin's agreement with the Nazis. Only after 1941 did FDR again find a common cause in defeating the Nazis.

Carter certainly reversed his policy of Détente after the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Recall it was the Carter Doctrine that Bush expanded into his Pre-Emptive Doctrine.

1. FDR came into office March 4th of 1933. On November 16, 1933, President Roosevelt rushed to embrace....recognize...the USSR.

If this act, based on FDR's additional pro-Soviet endeavors, was rational....then these folks must have been irrational:

"Four Presidents and their six Secretaries of State for over a decade and a half held to this resolve," i.e., refusal to recognize the Soviet government. That was written by Herbert Hoover, one of those four Presidents. He wrote it in his "Freedom Betrayed: Herbert Hoover's Secret History of the Second World War and Its Aftermath" by George H. Nash, published posthumously, obviously, in 2011, pg 24-29.

2. Bear in mind, eight months earlier, journalist Gareth Jones had exposed Stalin's Terror Famine:

"In the train a Communist denied to me that there was a famine. I flung a crust of bread which I had been eating from my own supply into a spittoon. A peasant fellow-passenger fished it out and ravenously ate it." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gareth_Jones_(journalist)
a. Malcolm Muggeridge " was the first writer to reveal the true nature of Stalin s regime when in 1933 he exposed the terror famine in the Ukraine. " [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Time-Eternity-Uncollected-Writings-Muggeridge/dp/1570759057]Time and Eternity: The Uncollected Writings of Malcolm Muggeridge: Malcolm Muggeridge, Nicholas Flynn: 9781570759055: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

a. So FDR knew of the Terror Famine...yet he enveloped Joe Stalin in " the cloak of his popularity..." Time Magazine, December 17, 1934.

3. Check the timeline. FDR didn't embrace the USSR out of a need in a fight against Hitler....in fact, at that time, FDR had a rosy relationship with Hitler's Germany. So....why overlook the genocide?

Clearly he neither understood nor endorsed American values.

So what exactly has Ms Coulter said lately in 100 pages that someone else couldn't say in under 25 words?

You have a firm view of her writing......

Which of her books have you read?

Shut Up and Sing.
She wrote a book based on her 30 second sound-bite.

I wouldn't continue to support her after that fiasco.

PC, that is so dumb and off the wall it is hard to formulate a reasonable response. Your history is so distorted, were you home schooled? You live in so weird an imaginary world, you make Soviet propaganda look good.

================= OT

"Well, I have been studying the Republican Party for over 12 years at close hand in the Capital of the United States. And by this time, I have discovered where the Republicans stand on most of the major issues. Since they won't tell you themselves, I am going to tell you." Truman Library - Public Papers of the Presidents: Harry S. Truman

'Don’t believe the hype: Health insurers think Obamacare is going to be fine' By Sarah Kliff
Don?t believe the hype: Health insurers think Obamacare is going to be fine
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2013/12/obamacare-cast.jpeg

"Capitalism did not eradicate smallpox. It just doesn’t know how. Polio eradication is a work in progress, but it's not being done by markets. So the childhood death reduction, the nutrition improvements, those are overwhelmingly aid-driven." Bill Gates Bill Gates: ?Capitalism did not eradicate smallpox?

1. Funny, middy...just the other day I was thinking that I haven't seen your posts in quite a while.

2. " ....it is hard to formulate a reasonable response..."

You mean impossible.

3. "Your history is so distorted, were you home schooled?"
And...frustrated as you are, you attempt to turn the question toward me.

And, to be frank, 'moi' may be my favorite subject.

Actually I've been favored to attend some of the finest institutions of higher learning.

And....I'll guess that between us, only one has 'valedictorian' in their resume.

Wow....that news, and the well constructed OP...you must be crushed!

Shut Up and Sing.
She wrote a book based on her 30 second sound-bite.

I wouldn't continue to support her after that fiasco.

You moron.

"Shut Up and Sing: How Elites from Hollywood, Politics, and the UN Are Subverting America" Hardcover
by Laura Ingraham

I recommend The Bully Pulpit written by a real historian, Doris Kearns Goodwin. She began the book seven years ago. A huge difference in time and research from the 'authors' which guide the propaganda posted too often by PC.

I recommend The Bully Pulpit written by a real historian, Doris Kearns Goodwin. She began the book seven years ago. A huge difference in time and research from the 'authors' which guide the propaganda posted too often by PC.

Your education continues below, Lying Scum:

A difference between FDR and Carter, was that Roosevelt knew and covered up Stalin's atrocities, and Carter might not have known and didn't really care.....

7. George Earle was a special emissary of FDR's to Europe...and returned in 1944 with proof that implicated the Soviets in the Katyn Forest massacre (In April of 1943, the mass graves of thousands of shot, bayoneted, and asphyxiated Polish officers were uncovered in the Katyn pine forest near Smolensk, Russia.)

Earle testified later at the Katyn Forest hearings that Joe Levy of the NYTimes, warned him that bringing an anti-Soviet report to FDR would be a career ender : "George, you don't know what you are going to over there. Harry Hopkins has completed domination over the President and the whole atmosphere over there is 'pink.'"
West, "American Betrayal," p.211.

8. On March 22, 1945, FDR wrote to Earle: "I have noted with concern your plan to publicize your unfavorable opinion of one of our allies. I do not wish you to do so. Not only do I not wish it, I specifically forbid you to do so." He then ordered Earle to Samoa for the duration.

9. On March 26, 1945, Army Chief of Staff George C. Marshall issued the following order: "Censor all stories, delete criticism Russian treatment."
This was aimed at those Americans who had been POWs of the Red Army.
Note that some 20,000 US soldiers were never returned by Stalin.

a. FDR died April 12th..but, based on Marshall's order, the White House clearly knew of the following prior to that:

" By May 15, 1945, the Pentagon believed 25,000 American POWs "liberated" by the Red Army were still being held hostage to Soviet demands that all "Soviet citizens" be returned to Soviet control, "without exception" and by force if necessary, as agreed to at the Yalta Conference in February 1945.

When the U.S. refused to return some military formations composed of Soviet citizens, such as the First Ukrainian SS Division, Stalin retaliated by returning only 4,116 of the hostage American POWs. On June 1, 1945, the United States Government issued documents, signed by General Dwight D. Eisenhower, explaining away the loss of approximately 20,000 POWs remaining under Stalin's control." WWII Home Page, National Alliance of Families

pffft, a biased hack who has worked for the kennedy and johnson administrations. not like she wouldn't be left leaning

An excellent and well documented (15 pages of notes) book on the 39th president is one by Stephen F. Hayward, titled, appropriately, "The Real Jimmy Carter". ISBN 0-89526-090-5.

Read it and learn.

An excellent and well documented (15 pages of notes) book on the 39th president is one by Stephen F. Hayward, titled, appropriately, "The Real Jimmy Carter". ISBN 0-89526-090-5.

Read it and learn.

Just ordered it.

Thank you.

The Gish Gallop Queen strikes again. And please save your, "Well you did not respond or refute any points." It would take far too much of my time to refute this BS. BTW, It says alot about you that Ann Coulter is your hero.

The Gish Gallop, named after creationist Duane Gish, is the debating technique of drowning the opponent in such a torrent of half-truths, lies, and straw-man arguments that the opponent cannot possibly answer every falsehood in real time.

What she ignores of course is that after WWI, America wanted no part of the affairs in Europe much less the Soviet Union. And rightly so; globalization was not a factor in the 1920's and 1930's. I'm sure the President could have sent in troops to stop the genocide in the USSR but for what "prize"?

The stuff about Carter is somewhat correct if you look at it from the convenience of 30 years hence. Should we have sent troops into Afghanistan? Uh no.

Basic PC diatribe...old, played, useless.

pffft, a biased hack who has worked for the kennedy and johnson administrations. not like she wouldn't be left leaning

Have your read it? One hundred and sixteen pages of notes on President's Taft and T. Roosevelt (RINO's by today's standard). Not for you and the rest of the willfully ignorant, for sure. Keep on drinking the sour grape Kool-Ade offered by PC, and keep on making a fool of yourself with stupid comments based on nothing but your biases.

The Gish Gallop Queen strikes again. And please save your, "Well you did not respond or refute any points." It would take far too much of my time to refute this BS. BTW, It says alot about you that Ann Coulter is your hero.

The Gish Gallop, named after creationist Duane Gish, is the debating technique of drowning the opponent in such a torrent of half-truths, lies, and straw-man arguments that the opponent cannot possibly answer every falsehood in real time.

What she ignores of course is that after WWI, America wanted no part of the affairs in Europe much less the Soviet Union. And rightly so; globalization was not a factor in the 1920's and 1930's. I'm sure the President could have sent in troops to stop the genocide in the USSR but for what "prize"?

The stuff about Carter is somewhat correct if you look at it from the convenience of 30 years hence. Should we have sent troops into Afghanistan? Uh no.

Basic PC diatribe...old, played, useless.

if globalization was not a factor, why were we having world wars? Why was there massive expansionism and empire building?

Forum List

Back