The 'Right Wing Echo Chamber'

Laslow

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2022
Many believe that Fox and AM radio are echo chambers which are distorted and not true to reality. I find this interesting because it automatically assumes everyone who is not a Democrat is under some sort of delusion. Tell me which of these are distorted. We have a massive immigration problem and rubber stamp asylum is not a good thing. Prices on everything are terrible. Crime is rising, and repeat offenders and violent criminals are being let loose. Break ins and property crime are still not a good thing. Drag shows for kids in grade school is not a great idea. Which of these is even being covered by Democrat media? These things seem fairly straight forward. I know this thread is going to devolve into Jan 6 and republicans should be put in camps, but I thought I would try to see what specifically democrats think Right Wing Media gets wrong.

Many believe that Fox and AM radio are echo chambers which are distorted and not true to reality. I find this interesting because it automatically assumes everyone who is not a Democrat is under some sort of delusion. Tell me which of these are distorted. We have a massive immigration problem and rubber stamp asylum is not a good thing. Prices on everything are terrible. Crime is rising, and repeat offenders and violent criminals are being let loose. Break ins and property crime are still not a good thing. Drag shows for kids in grade school is not a great idea. Which of these is even being covered by Democrat media? These things seem fairly straight forward. I know this thread is going to devolve into Jan 6 and republicans should be put in camps, but I thought I would try to see what specifically democrats think Right Wing Media gets wrong.
OK, I often ask myself if it is me that is crazy. I even talk to myself sometimes. But, when people on this very board tell me Jan 7 was a normal tourist day, it ain't me that is crazy. When they pretend anyone who dies under that age of 50 dies because of the vaccine. A bit more extreme on that front is those who believe 9/11 was an inside job and no jet hit the Pentagon. I could go on and on about the crazy.
I do however believe we have need immigration reform since Reagan.

The problem is pretty obvious. Each side is choosing things to make them identifiable and distinguish from the other party, and they do these things without thinking. Only two parties, trying to get 51% of the vote to win, means they're having to have such vague policies that they need things like immigration, abortion, guns, instead of the economy, education, things that should be at the top of the agenda.

The partisans will cheer their team on no matter what, it's ridiculous. The media is playing it's part on both sides too.

Unless the US changes to Proportional Representation, to allow for more parties, more voice, more choice, more everything other than bullshit, the US is FUCKED.

Putin done it

Besides, January 6th.

So, you're for the invasion of Canada?

We have a massive immigration problem and rubber stamping asylum is not a good thing.
Right off the bat, "rubber stamping asylum"--who told you that is what is happening? From the period between 2014 and 2019 the number of asylum seekers approved climbed from 9,684 to 19,831. But the number of applications rejected leaped from 9,716 to 46,735.

And then you might ask, why stop at 2019? Well since March of 2020 Title 42 has been in effect, it is still in effect, and all, you got that, ALL, asylum seekers are returned to Mexico or their country of origin and denied access to the asylum process.

And then title 42--how many of those "illegal entries" or from the same person. Used to be, you came accross, you got detained, and the you were released into the country for an immigration hearing. Now, you are sent back to Mexico, so they try, and they try, and they try again. Hell, check out the enforcement actions.

Hell, we are looking at almost triple, TRIPLE, the number of enforcement actions of even the Trump's administrations highest year, 2019. You ain't going to see those numbers on FOX news, that is for sure.

Prices on everything are terrible.

Look, I am not interested in going over the dynamics of the current inflation problem other than to say it was easily predictable. And yes, some prices are increased dramatically, like eggs due to the Avian flu, turkeys, same reason. But certainly not "everything"--looked for a new TV lately? How about clothing? There are bargains out there, it is not hard to find them.

Crime is rising, and repeat offenders and violent criminals are being let loose. Break ins and property crime are still not a good thing.

And there is another. The claim that crime is rising is questionable. The fact that you consider it a closed case is another indication of the bias of FOX news.

• Overall violent crime volume decreased 1.0% for the nation from 1,326,600 in 2020 to 1,313,200 in 2021, which was up 5.6% from 2019.

Well hell, where was FOX news in 2020? Oh yeah, Trump was running for reelection.

Drag shows for kids in grade school is not a great idea.

Well, we can agree on something. But is it really that big of a problem? Is it really that prevalent? And honestly, do you think it is a new thing that has just started going on since Biden took office? Look, this is the reverse of the media focusing on black missing children. Hell, for every black missing child there is probably almost a dozen white missing children, parental abduction is a common problem. But we don't hear about them, and I am here to tell you, there are dozens of questionable actions by school administrators and teachers, focusing on the rare "drag queen" show is just another example of the media manipulating you.

So there you go, what the right wing media gets wrong. Totally misrepresenting the immigration problem, I mean did you even know Title 42 has always been in effect? Totally misrepresenting crime statistics, did you know the violent crime rate went down in 2021? And then, totally over-blowing the whole drag queen bullshit, even though, the only draq queen in Congress is a Republican. Glad I could help.

OK, I often ask myself if it is me that is crazy. I even talk to myself sometimes. But, when people on this very board tell me Jan 7 was a normal tourist day, it ain't me that is crazy. When they pretend anyone who dies under that age of 50 dies because of the vaccine. A bit more extreme on hat front is those who believe 9/11 was an inside job and no jet hit the Pentagon. I could go on and on about the crazy.
I do however believe we have need immigration reform since Reagan.
Fair enough. Can you be impartial and look at Jan 7 as something other than doomsday. If I agree it wasn't a walk in the park, can you agree it wasn't people with machine guns trying to take over? Also, is it a conspiracy nut thing to ask questions about how people got in? Is it a conspiracy thing to ask if covid shots are killing any healthy young people? I think it is healthy to ask questions, and I thought the news was supposed to do so. I'm not talking about painting narratives, which I know fox and all networks do, but questions in general. I have to point out that Fox was right about Hunter's laptop. The other networks said it didn't exist. The whole Ivermectin thing was something else that Fox got right and others gaslighted us. There are many examples. I know Fox is dramatic, but they do give information other networks try to bury.

We have a massive immigration problem and rubber stamping asylum is not a good thing.
Right off the bat, "rubber stamping asylum"--who told you that is what is happening? From the period between 2014 and 2019 the number of asylum seekers approved climbed from 9,684 to 19,831. But the number of applications rejected leaped from 9,716 to 46,735.

And then you might ask, why stop at 2019? Well since March of 2020 Title 42 has been in effect, it is still in effect, and all, you got that, ALL, asylum seekers are returned to Mexico or their country of origin and denied access to the asylum process.

And then title 42--how many of those "illegal entries" or from the same person. Used to be, you came accross, you got detained, and the you were released into the country for an immigration hearing. Now, you are sent back to Mexico, so they try, and they try, and they try again. Hell, check out the enforcement actions.

Hell, we are looking at almost triple, TRIPLE, the number of enforcement actions of even the Trump's administrations highest year, 2019. You ain't going to see those numbers on FOX news, that is for sure.

Prices on everything are terrible.

Look, I am not interested in going over the dynamics of the current inflation problem other than to say it was easily predictable. And yes, some prices are increased dramatically, like eggs due to the Avian flu, turkeys, same reason. But certainly not "everything"--looked for a new TV lately? How about clothing? There are bargains out there, it is not hard to find them.

Crime is rising, and repeat offenders and violent criminals are being let loose. Break ins and property crime are still not a good thing.

And there is another. The claim that crime is rising is questionable. The fact that you consider it a closed case is another indication of the bias of FOX news.

• Overall violent crime volume decreased 1.0% for the nation from 1,326,600 in 2020 to 1,313,200 in 2021, which was up 5.6% from 2019.

Well hell, where was FOX news in 2020? Oh yeah, Trump was running for reelection.

Drag shows for kids in grade school is not a great idea.

Well, we can agree on something. But is it really that big of a problem? Is it really that prevalent? And honestly, do you think it is a new thing that has just started going on since Biden took office? Look, this is the reverse of the media focusing on black missing children. Hell, for every black missing child there is probably almost a dozen white missing children, parental abduction is a common problem. But we don't hear about them, and I am here to tell you, there are dozens of questionable actions by school administrators and teachers, focusing on the rare "drag queen" show is just another example of the media manipulating you.

So there you go, what the right wing media gets wrong. Totally misrepresenting the immigration problem, I mean did you even know Title 42 has always been in effect? Totally misrepresenting crime statistics, did you know the violent crime rate went down in 2021? And then, totally over-blowing the whole drag queen bullshit, even though, the only draq queen in Congress is a Republican. Glad I could help.
I was under the impression that Dems oppose the remain in Mexico policy. I also thought that illegals were coached on asylum claims, and then released inside the US where a majority of them do not go to their asylum hearings. Am I wrong? I am impressed by your crime statistics. Do you deny that repeat offenders and violent criminals are being let into the public? Do you actually think violent crime is going down? Are you sure this is not what crimes are being reported, or crimes being redefined as nonviolent? I'm not trying to be a dick, but it would seem like it should be pretty easy to tell if crime is getting worse. As for the drag queen stuff, I'm sure it is not all over the place, but the fact that democrat representatives deny it is happening or that it is wrong is problematic. Have a good one.

Well put. Good luck getting a Leftist hater to be specific about ANYTHING. That's their schtick, just use vague, high level phrases that mean absolutely nothing so they can define any way they want. Ask for specifics and you will get nothing but anger and deflection.

Fair enough. Can you be impartial and look at Jan 7 as something other than doomsday. If I agree it wasn't a walk in the park, can you agree it wasn't people with machine guns trying to take over? Also, is it a conspiracy nut thing to ask questions about how people got in? Is it a conspiracy thing to ask if covid shots are killing any healthy young people? I think it is healthy to ask questions, and I thought the news was supposed to do so. I'm not talking about painting narratives, which I know fox and all networks do, but questions in general. I have to point out that Fox was right about Hunter's laptop. The other networks said it didn't exist. The whole Ivermectin thing was something else that Fox got right and others gaslighted us. There are many examples. I know Fox is dramatic, but they do give information other networks try to bury.
Call me old fashioned but I think a President instigating a revolt to over throw the government is a pretty big deal. He was unsuccessful but he did delay the peaceful transfer of power. A mass of people with sticks and fire extinguishers is deadly force, so parse words as you will, but it is still deadly force. It is not a conspiracy to ask, er wait, how bout do a study instead of anecdotal stories about uncle Billy Bob's twice removed cousin dying a week after he got his covid shot? Asking questions seems to be the conspiracy theorist way of saying to disregard the numbers, listen to this story. Hunters laptop, there you go, if Hunter did something illegal and implicates the President for goodness sakes arrest them all. But I have a sneaking suspicion this will be just like all those stupid investigations about Obama. I think there was some statistical indication Tea Partiers had more audits with the IRS, but that was it. I have not yet seen a reputable peer reviewed study indicating Ivermectin was effective against covid. Could you link me up with a good study?

Call me old fashioned but I think a President instigating a revolt to over throw the government is a pretty big deal. He was unsuccessful but he did delay the peaceful transfer of power. A mass of people with sticks and fire extinguishers is deadly force, so parse words as you will, but it is still deadly force. It is not a conspiracy to ask, er wait, how bout do a study instead of anecdotal stories about uncle Billy Bob's twice removed cousin dying a week after he got his covid shot? Asking questions seems to be the conspiracy theorist way of saying to disregard the numbers, listen to this story. Hunters laptop, there you go, if Hunter did something illegal and implicates the President for goodness sakes arrest them all. But I have a sneaking suspicion this will be just like all those stupid investigations about Obama. I think there was some statistical indication Tea Partiers had more audits with the IRS, but that was it. I have not yet seen a reputable peer reviewed study indicating Ivermectin was effective against covid. Could you link me up with a good study?
I'm all for letting the facts speak for themselves. After all, news networks are just about ratings. I'm not going to parse words with you, but I would urge you to be careful not just to believe what you want to be true. It could happen to all of us. I would hope that you would be upset that the news is flat out saying things that are false, waiting two years, and then saying they were wrong. Hunter's laptop is a tiny example. Nobody could be arrested, but aren't you the least bit concerned your news is telling you it doesn't even exist? Don't you think it is a bit odd the news is telling you immigration is fine while border towns fill up with refugees? I thought it was accepted that Ivermectin was effective in treating the severity of Covid. I'll let you look up the studies, share if you wish. Again these are small examples. I won't deny Fox is trying to paint a picture, but at least they are not telling us to not believe the things we see. While you are looking up Ivermectin, go ahead and look up Covid side effects. I thought democrats had finally accepted it, I've seen panels where democrats are arguing that mandates and the deaths are acceptable because the 'numbers' are saying it is too statistically small to outweigh the joyous benifits of the vaccines. I thought they got past the deadly side effects don't exist stage.

I'm all for letting the facts speak for themselves. After all, news networks are just about ratings. I'm not going to parse words with you, but I would urge you to be careful not just to believe what you want to be true. It could happen to all of us. I would hope that you would be upset that the news is flat out saying things that are false, waiting two years, and then saying they were wrong. Hunter's laptop is a tiny example. Nobody could be arrested, but aren't you the least bit concerned your news is telling you it doesn't even exist? Don't you think it is a bit odd the news is telling you immigration is fine while border towns fill up with refugees? I thought it was accepted that Ivermectin was effective in treating the severity of Covid. I'll let you look up the studies, share if you wish. Again these are small examples. I won't deny Fox is trying to paint a picture, but at least they are not telling us to not believe the things we see. While you are looking up Ivermectin, go ahead and look up Covid side effects. I thought democrats had finally accepted it, I've seen panels where democrats are arguing that mandates and the deaths are acceptable because the 'numbers' are saying it is too statistically small to outweigh the joyous benifits of the vaccines. I thought they got past the deadly side effects don't exist stage.
The news sources are kinda the opposite of science.

I thought I would try to see what specifically democrats think Right Wing Media gets wrong.
Well for starters everything.

A number of the factors that produced a historic win for Democratic candidates in the 2022 elections will result in another historic loss for Republican candidates in 2024. Democrats will win the presidency, take back the majority in the House, and may even retain control of the Senate. The Senate is tricky for Democrats next year because they must win at least 22 races to retain their majority in that body, but losing just one or two seats will still be a victory. Democrats will also make significant gains in statehouses across the country, except in the reddest of states.

Forum List

Back