Unobtainium member-seeker & truth speaker
- Nov 11, 2021
- Reaction score
One of the most profound tenets of the Christian faith is Love thy Neighbor. Another is turn the other cheek.Ah, good poster Missouri, you seem oddly uninformed, or perhaps just ill informed.
So, you don't like Islam because its adherents killed innocent people.
OK. We get it.
I think most here can understand your aversion to that particular actvity.
But then, you surely know that that will leave you out of the Christianist stuff too, eh?
After all, those Jesus-believers have performed their share of ummm, unnecessary roughness. No?
Here, lemme give just a few quick highlights from way back when.... to recent:
- Charlemagne cut off the heads of 4,500 who were unwilling to convert to Christianity.
- Spanish Torquemada burned to death 10,220 who wouldn't convert.
- The Christianist Chmielnicki massacred 200,000 Jews because, well, because they weren't Christianist.....and didn't wanna be.
- And then we go to those Christianist hunting down so called 'witches'.... burning or hanging "several hundred thousand" (80% were women)
- Methodist minister Colonel Chivington slaughtering 500 natives who were trying to surrender at Sand Creek.
- Christianist clergy in Rwanda pointing out the hiding spots of Tutsis to the Hutu machetes.
- And then Christianist reverend Jim Jones poisoning 909....and shooting a few others.
Missouri, you can do a not too dis-similar list for Hindus, Buddhist, Jews. Even our locally grown Mormons did their share of 'wet work', so to speak.
See, it gets complicated out there in the world beyond peaceful tranquil Missouri. Stuff happens.
Makes a guy confused as to which religion kills the most innocents.
So you are wrong. The religions are not premised on the same teachings.
If your claim is that the Christian people have not acted in accordance with the precepts of the faith, I suppose that’s not disputable. But the Crusades and so forth are not what was taught.
The same really can’t be said of the Islamic faith, pillars and teachings. Acts of Jihad and violence are specifically demanded.