The right for an Abortion was never written into the United States constitution.

The right for an Abortion was never written into the United States Constitution. Read it.

Agreed, and I'm pro-choice. It's a State issue, and I want women in my State to have access to abortions, government has no legitimate power to force a woman to carry a baby to term in her body.

But it isn't in the Constitution. Furthermore, the 10th amendment since it's not in the Constitution says the Federal government has no say at all either way. If Democrats want it in the Constitution, they need to put it there, not ignore it. As for me, I'm happy now, States will make our own choices

There were no laws against abortion until the late 1800s.

I'm not sure what your point is, but any abortion before that would have been pretty crude.

So I assume the tens of thousands of girls you and your party have gotten raped on the Southern border should have access to abortions. And the women you got raped too. Then there are the woman and girls you are getting sold into slavery and/or sex slavery. Abortion cleans up some of your messes, huh?

Agreed, and I'm pro-choice. It's a State issue, and I want women in my State to have access to abortions, government has no legitimate power to force a woman to carry a baby to term in her body.

But it isn't in the Constitution. Furthermore, the 10th amendment since it's not in the Constitution says the Federal government has no say at all either way. If Democrats want it in the Constitution, they need to put it there, not ignore it. As for me, I'm happy now, States will make our own choices
I appreciate your stance and would like to ask you how we can decrease the need for abortions by motivating women to use birth control.

Please keep in mind before you respond that I have worked at an abortion clinic and have seen a lot.

I appreciate your stance and would like to ask you how we can decrease the need for abortions by motivating women to use birth control.

Please keep in mind before you respond that I have worked at an abortion clinic and have seen a lot.
So

You are obviously an expert?

Great question and I am not claiming I know more than you for sure. I owned a graphic design company and we did work for Planned Parenthood. They were great customers, polite and they paid on time. One of my designers was Catholic and asked not to be assigned their work, which I agreed to. I had other designers, there was no need to make her do it. Anyway, my thoughts on your question.

My view is that both sides should get together and agree to reduce the NEED for abortions first and fight over the ones who want one second. If they care about reducing abortions as the top priority, that would be something they would both do. I'm not a fan of the extremists on either side.

Another thing we have to do we won't either is start paying attention to WHO is getting abortions and targeting those groups. I don't think you can buck shot this, you have to target how to work with the different segments. But it won't happen because abortions are way disproportionately black. Just saying that makes me a racist. Yeah, I hate the left.

The other thing I'll suggest is the government stooping providing free birth control and let charity do it. Charity is SO much more effective than government programs and birth control isn't that expensive. Government always works to the interest of government.

My best answer to your question

I found an interesting historical article on the subject of abortion.

***snip***

At the time the Constitution was drafted, abortion was something women were supposed to take care of, away from the public sphere, as abortion had to do with sex, and with women’s “secret” and “shameful” parts. Most medical care was provided by the family matriarch, and abortions were often managed for women by women, in the home. Women were supposed to deal privately with the fact that they were vulnerable to rape and that their bodies bore the brunt of procreating the species. Everyone understood that a good wife would do what she could to preserve her health and long-term fertility, to “be fruitful and multiply” — including ending a pregnancy.

Women have long been given responsibility for procreation without official authority to manage it. Male theologians often considered abortion a sin, especially after “quickening,” the moment when the pregnant woman felt fetal movement and ensoulment was believed to take place. Abortion was connected to the general sense that women's bodies were of Eve: fallen, sinful and shameful in and of themselves.

But physicians generally acknowledged the necessity of abortion for protecting women’s lives and fertility. Herbal medicines to restore the menses were part of married women’s self-care, used to enhance long-term fertility by spacing births. Explicit “abortifacients” were part of standard lists of pharmaceutical herbs because miscarriages happened all the time and could be deadly if incomplete.

Even as the practices were widespread, it is unclear how effective — or safe — herbal abortifacients were. The milder ones might have made a difference around the edges. Those that worked effectively early in pregnancy were essentially poisons, and a woman had to poison herself enough to convince her body to reject the pregnancy without accidentally killing herself. In later pregnancy, drugs that caused uterine contractions could cause abortion, but dosages were not standard and uterine ruptures have long been known to lead to death.

Before the 19th century, civil society regarded abortion as a private medical matter for married women, and a problem in need of occasional discipline when it was a sign of extramarital sex.

I found an interesting historical article on the subject of abortion.

***snip***

At the time the Constitution was drafted, abortion was something women were supposed to take care of, away from the public sphere, as abortion had to do with sex, and with women’s “secret” and “shameful” parts. Most medical care was provided by the family matriarch, and abortions were often managed for women by women, in the home. Women were supposed to deal privately with the fact that they were vulnerable to rape and that their bodies bore the brunt of procreating the species. Everyone understood that a good wife would do what she could to preserve her health and long-term fertility, to “be fruitful and multiply” — including ending a pregnancy.

Women have long been given responsibility for procreation without official authority to manage it. Male theologians often considered abortion a sin, especially after “quickening,” the moment when the pregnant woman felt fetal movement and ensoulment was believed to take place. Abortion was connected to the general sense that women's bodies were of Eve: fallen, sinful and shameful in and of themselves.

But physicians generally acknowledged the necessity of abortion for protecting women’s lives and fertility. Herbal medicines to restore the menses were part of married women’s self-care, used to enhance long-term fertility by spacing births. Explicit “abortifacients” were part of standard lists of pharmaceutical herbs because miscarriages happened all the time and could be deadly if incomplete.

Even as the practices were widespread, it is unclear how effective — or safe — herbal abortifacients were. The milder ones might have made a difference around the edges. Those that worked effectively early in pregnancy were essentially poisons, and a woman had to poison herself enough to convince her body to reject the pregnancy without accidentally killing herself. In later pregnancy, drugs that caused uterine contractions could cause abortion, but dosages were not standard and uterine ruptures have long been known to lead to death.

Before the 19th century, civil society regarded abortion as a private medical matter for married women, and a problem in need of occasional discipline when it was a sign of extramarital sex.
Quaint. As it should be.

I have studied herbal medicine and the historical use of plant substances and other devices to cause spontaneous abortion.

I'd even be okay about keeping pregnancy termination a matter between a woman and her doctor, to be accomplished immediately upon realizing that conception had occurred, if......................................................

And this is a big IF!

If women would stop being so damned irresponsible about making babies they don't want. Back in the old days, yes, the need for abortion was there, but it was rare because self-respecting women did not copulate like animals.

Until "reproductive health care" encompasses a cautious and prudent approach to avoiding unwanted pregnancy, and until an abortion must necessarily be a matter of deep thought and moral consequence, all I see is irresponsible women running from their cheap behavior.

The right for an Abortion was never written into the United States Constitution. Read it.
I second that motion amongst all the commotion based on emotion! We do NOT murder our own least of all our little ones in their momma's wombs! Rubbers, pills & tied tubes stops abortion in its tracks!

It's not a woman's body that is of concern it's the baby inside the woman's body that is the concern. A pregnant woman who asks for an abortion is by law asking to commit legal murder which is an illegal act in civilized societies, but not in more primitive societies/nations like nazi Germany when it was under the control of a statist left government.

Forum List

Back